[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
What separates this game from other fantasy RPGs?
>>
It's trash
>>
File: 1495714531477.jpg (366KB, 638x476px) Image search: [Google]
1495714531477.jpg
366KB, 638x476px
>>378759125
fpbp
>>
It's good
>>
In regards to setting, it's below high fantasy because it comes off more like "alternate history". They use actual AD years, like it takes place in our same world and an actual setting that existed, but there are instead monsters and stuff. Compared to Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, Warcraft, and Elder Scrolls that basically just take place in a different universe with their own calendar system and have an entire map of a world or even multiple worlds, while The Witcher is still sort of implied to be a fictional eastern Europe.
>>
>>378759125
Stop being a faggot
>>
>>378759092
It's a ubisoft sandbox game instead of fun
>>
>>378759092
It doesn't suck, so not a Bethesda game.
>>
>>378759092
Depression. Just finished Hearts of Stone. It's gotta be the most depressing thing I ever played.
>>
>>378759620
t. only played witcher 3
>>
>>378759092
Most fantasy rpgs focus on story/characters instead of functioning game mechanics. Witcher focuses on graphics and framerate instead of functioning mechanics.
>>
It feels much more coherent than pretty much any other RPG in the same tier. Thats the 9/10 tier dont worry you dont have to compare it to the 7s like HZD or the 5s like DS. Its just so fucking immersive. You normally just feel like game man in game world doing the quest for the finish the game but its so fluid that you dont really have that break from the fantasy. You are just wrapped up the entire time in this world that is TW and the further you go the more real everything feels. Eventually you end up reading the books and playing the previous games but thats not enough and soon you will escalate to exclusively masturbating to Yen posting in between rounds of Gwent.
>>
It has pretty graphics, and you play as handsome man who has lots of sex.
10/10
>>
content
>>
>>378762760
Thread is about W3, dumbass. I hope everyone you love gets eaten by cannibals in front of you.
>>
>>378762178
>sandbox
But there are no sandbox elements, and the gameplay is repetitive AF.
>>
>>378759092
You play as an already established character with a backstory
You aren't a new random guy like in Bethesdas games
>>
It's like the traditional rpgs, meaning it's boring as hell.
>>
I hate Aracnomorphs so much.
>>
File: duchess.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
duchess.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>378759092
Facial animations.
>>
File: Morgan Freeman.jpg (79KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Morgan Freeman.jpg
79KB, 800x450px
Story, random shit you find out later, fuck ton of side quests, and other shit. The armor looks gay in the beginning, but good later on when you get Witcher gear.

Also the series is getting a tv series from Netflix. Rumor has it that one of the producers got interviewed on a Polish radio and is interested in Idris Elba. If they do pick him as Geralt I hope they consider getting Morgan Freeman as Vesemir.
>>
>>378759092
Almost an ungodly amount of attention to detail, best world design that games managed to shit out so far, sidequests have better stories than other title's main quest, incredible amount of content, both DLCs are amongst the best ever made, etc. etc.

What seperates it from the others isnt genre, style or unique mechanics, its simply quality.
>>
>>378759092
PR
>>
>>378764656
>Idris Elba

This has to be bait
>>
>>378759125
The witcher 3 is trash?????
Lol Ok I know everyone have the right of their own opinion,but thats weird that 95 percent of the ppls who has reviewed the witcher has said that the story and writting and caracter developement are one of the strongest in gaming history so i founbd it a bit weird that you say its not very good. I played it recently im still playing it and never felt that immerse in an rpg story and i have played a lot. baldurs gate, final fantasy series , the elder scrolls series since morrowind. played dark souls1 2 3. played few older zelda games, played titan quest 1 and 2.
played sacred games,and i never found a story as epic and well told as in the witcher so you might have played some other epic rpg that i never hered about to say that give me a couple of titles of those rpg with better and well told story that i can play them too
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.