[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gothic is dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 20170409191427_1.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170409191427_1.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/01/elex-release-date-new-rpg-from-gothic-creators/

What no Goth fags?
>>
Gothic 1 is an equivalent of prison shower.
>>
>>378742728
Not a surprise, the modern videogame audience feels completely lost unless they show and tell exactly what to do at any moment.
>>
I'm playing it as long as PB gives enough attention to the world.
>>
really excited for this, I enjoyed all Risen games so far, yes they are flawed but still got that PB Charm.
>>
I'm going to play it regardless since I've never been a graphicsfag and PB is clearly inept when it comes to graphics and animations.
I'm more interested in the typical Gothic-style open world design and hand placed quests and loot.
>>
The game will entertain me as long as the world offers a lot of death, exploration and good quest designs.

They promise a lot with ELEX in that regard. One can only hope they deliver.
>>
>>378742728
THANK GOD.

Let it fucking die, enough is enough.

You already have Gothic 1, Gothic 2, Gothic 2-Addon, Gothic 3, Gothic 3-Addon, 4, 4-Addon, Risen 1, Risen 2 and Risen 3.

That's 9... 9 fucking stand-alone games with the SAME FUCKING FORMULA over and over again. Still not enough? There are tons of mods who even rival the main game.

Everyone is fucking tired of that shit.
>>
>>378745669
>Everyone is fucking tired of that shit.

They aren't.
People still ask for more Gothic
>>
>>378742728
Of course. That stuff has no place in modern gaming anymore. Having one redeemable feature that caters to "chose your own adventure" faggots, in an otherwise clusterfuck of a game, is just not worth making anymore.

Gaming has moved on and when the devs cannot provide a general quality, beyond "it has this one thing I like" then its not worth making.
>>
>>378745746
How? Every Gothic is long as fuck.

It would take months to replay all 9 games.
>>
Elex looks like absolute garbage.
I wish PB just went bankrupt already. They won't ever do a single good game anymore. They will always stuck between inability to make something as detail-rich and hard as G1-2 or even the first Risen and desire to pander to new auditory resulting in abominations like R2-3.
>>
>>378746019
Not really.
Gothic 1 is around 20 hours long - You can do that in less than a week easily.

And while Gothic 2 is over two times as long - Gothic 3 is a game you can finish in less than 1 hour if you want to due to its open-world-quest design.

The Risen games are all around 30-hours long.
2 months for all is totally possible.
There are people who completed Persona 5 in a week and that game is nearly 100 hours long.
>>
>>378742728
just make it like gothic 2 and limit the world size but flesh out the characters and the setting.
Don't go full retard with muh open world like in every gothic past 2.
>>
>>378742728
>What no Goth fags?

Come back when you've learned to articulate yourself, nigger.
>>
>>378747285
Each game had its different problem.

Gothic 3 was too big and also got rushed for its release by Jowood
Risen was PiranhaBytes putting a lot of work into the first half of the game and nothing into the rest.
And Risen 2 + 3 suffer from islands limiting the game plus retarded gameplay design decisions.
>>
>>378746313
I'm not talking about speedrunners with ADHD or kids who ignore all quests and skipp all dialogue or people who know the game.

I'm talking about cozily explore everything, talk to everyone and do all quests. No way this can be done fast on a blind play through.

Keep in mind that the clock in the game only tells you how long you were alive. It doesn't tell you how often you died and restarted. If you consider this every game is almost twice as long because on a blind playthrough you will die every 10 fucking minutes, just to figure out how strong every monster/NPC is.
>>
>>378745669
>>378746019
But only 2 of them are worth playing, buddy.
>>
>>378747416
You said replay though.
And i recently finished another Gothic run with me doing pretty much everything in 4 days.

I know Gothic 2 and all of its quests so replaying it takes a lot less time than the average 40 hours normal completion.
>>
>>378745669
I would cream myself if all gothic games used the formula of 1 and 2.
>>
Hey, i love Gothic 1/2 and 3 is aight too, i enjoyed first Risen aswell, i've always liked games from Piranha Bytes, but Elex looks fuckin shit and garbage... Graphics and Gameplay wise...
Also...
>2017 and PB still cant into animation
>>
>>378745669
>Gothic 3 addon
Non-canon Poo in the Loo trash
>Gothic 4
Doesn't exist, literally, Arcania lost the rights to Gothic name forever ago, check Steam page or the Xbone/PS4 re-release, they don't have Gothic name

>Gothic 4 addon
See above.

And Arcania is non-canon, but it isn't utter trash, it's better than the Poo in the Loo garbage addon for G3, I'll tell you that much. At least Germans made Arcania, Desperados devs to be precise.
>>
>>378745669
>Let it fucking die, enough is enough.

>You already have Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, new Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2, New Super Mario bros U, Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2.

>That's 18... 18 fucking stand-alone games with the SAME FUCKING FORMULA over and over again. Still not enough? There are tons of spinoffs who even rival the main games.

>Everyone is fucking tired of that shit.

You're a moron.
>>
People liked gothic? I bought it and I wish I could permanently delete it from my steam category.

It's a fuckin' eyesore.

I dug the fuck out of the other indie sword & sorcery ARPGs tho

Two Worlds was alright. There was another one that had really nice armor design. Can't remember its name.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.