[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 1480834394946.jpg (101KB, 400x344px) Image search: [Google]
1480834394946.jpg
101KB, 400x344px
What went wrong?
>>
>>378741304
It developed an autistic fanbase in the past few years.
>>
>>378741304
Nothing.
>>
>>378741304
Nothing. It was the last good Nintendo console.
>>
>>378741304
Shitty marketing.
Bad design choices (purple lunchbox, minidiscs).
Third parties being cunts (remember Capcom's "exclusives" for GC?).
Piss poor and rushed first party output (the best first party game, F-Zero GX, was actually developed by fucking SEGA, not Nintendo).

And the worst thing that happened is: gen 6 babbies developing a stonge feeling of nostalgia that forces them to praise and defend this turd.
The GC is pretty much like the Wii U, crap.
>>
Ps2 was a dvd player.
>>
It had melee and.......
>>
>>378741604
yeah i was gonna say this

Ps1 was a cd player
>>
>>378741604
>>378741674
>but Sony
>>
>>378741647
did you play luigis mansion? it's like luigi has his own game, the absolute madman
>>
>>378741525
>the best first party game, F-Zero GX
Patrician taste here!
Anyway, I don't agree about the comparison with Wii U: the GC has a much greater variety of games, the Wii U has almost only 2D platforms.
>>
>>378741748
He's right though the PS2 sold a ton of units off the fact it was cheaper than most DVD players on the market.
>>
>>378741304
people like to compare this piece of shit to the dreamcast but they're like polar opposites

dreamcast had lots of fun arcadey games

gamecube was the feels before reals console, lots of dull games that relied on muh atmosphere muh comfy muh immersion
>>
File: 1200px-GameCube_controller.png (1MB, 1200x933px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-GameCube_controller.png
1MB, 1200x933px
Horrible controller
>>
Nothing. Incredibly build quality while also being portable and a nice handle. Though I would have made that handle retract somehow, it looks aesthetically repugnant from the back, but then it wouldn't be as sturdy.

Good controller, the best versions of some games compared to its PS2 counterpart, most notably Killer 7 and Resident Evil 4. And plenty of instant-classic exclusives like F-Zero GX and Eternal Darkness.

Kino console and Nintendo's last great system unfortunately.
>>
>>378741304
No games.
>>
>>378742835
You meant "last real console". It was a box hooked on tv that played games using a joystick. No gimmicks, only play videogames while sitting in your couch
>>
>>378741974
It also has a way better library if not THE best console library ever.
>>
>>378741373
>meleefags
>paper mario fags
>primefags
>wind waker fags
>sunshine fags

christ you aren't kidding
>>
>>378741304
>More proprietary shit than Sony
>Horrible fucking design, more of a box than the fucking Xbox
>Non existent marketing
>Horrible controller
>Terrible hardware
>Only a handful of worthwhile games, most of which aren't even remotely impressive

But I still think it's the last good Nintendo home console despite all of this, take that as you will.
>>
Garbage D-Pad
>>
What do you mean? It's the only good console.
>>
>>378744751
You forgot Twilight Princess fags and Pikmin 2 fags.
>>
>>378741304
no dvd player
>>
>>378741525
>the best first party game, F-Zero GX
you actually have really bad taste
>>
>>378745582
>Horrible fucking design, more of a box than the fucking Xbox\

It was a cube, mate. You know, like a GAME Cube.
>>
>>378741304
poorly timed, most of nintendo fans were becoming teenagers and getting angsty at that time so putting out the more childish system just fucked them over.
>>
>>378745582
You wanted to be a fucking sphere? Fuck off Josh, go do some cocaine.
>>
>>378741304
Four failure slots on the bottom.
>>
>>378745764
Also, Shadow Pokemon fags and F-Zero fags.
>>
>>378743017
That's a consequence. Not a cause.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.