[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to start this once it finishes downloading off GOG. Any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: Fallout2front.jpg (258KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout2front.jpg
258KB, 800x832px
Going to start this once it finishes downloading off GOG. Any tips? I've never played any of the classic Fallouts, only 3, New Vegas, and 4. New Vegas is my favorite.
>>
gifted trait
a per of 8
>>
>>378730938
Just wondering how slow your internet is? I think the game is 600megs. That is 15 seconds on my internet, you can't possibly be using 4chan on slow internet, right?
>>
>>378730938
Max out agility during character creation or the game is literally unplayable, also, you NEED to start you character out as a melee build since the tutorial only lets you use melee weapons
>>
>>378731148
It's really bad. 25 minutes left. 300 out of 705
>>
>>378731253
Ouch.... does 4chan even run on that?!!!??
>>
>>378730938
Savescum and pickpocket everyone you meet.
>>
>>378731153
>max AGL
>staying to fight ants like a 5 AP pleb
>>
>>378731153
>Max out
Weren't there some implants or other means to increase Agi in 2 though? So if you put 10 at the start, you'd be wasting points, because it can't go beyond that.
>>
>>378730938
I went with big guns instead of energy weapons. Don't do that.
>>
>>378731153
git gud retard
You can beat FO2 with possibly any combination of stats.
>>
>>378731606
I wouldn't say any of the gun skills are a bad choice in 2, unlike in the first game. You just need to know where to get the best weapons. Although Gauss and Pulse rifles are still probably the two best weapons in the game, the Bozar is not that far behind.
>>
Isn't GOG the cucked version (where you can't murder babbys)?
>>
>>378731865
Nah it has them.

https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/fallout_2_children
>>
>>378731865
Cuckposting should be made into a bannable offense again.
And I can't say about murdering children, I doubt they'd bother tinkering with that. But I can tell you that the GOG version ran normally while the Steam version had the screen blacking out constantly. At least back when I tried it last time.
>>
Play the original Fallout first, you retard. You're skipping the (arguably) better one.
>>
Are there any mods for Fallout 1 & 2 that make the skill checks in dialog visible?
>>
>>378732532
He doesn't skip anything major, he can just go back to it later.
>>
>>378732629
Skill checks aren't flat like in latter games, it's a probability. If you're a faggot you can just quickload until you get it.
>>
Finally finished downloading, now it's installing.

So agility, perception, and the Gifted trait? Any thing else?
>>
>>378732532
They're both good for different reasons. Fallout 2 is best played as an open world sandbox type game, Fallout 1 is best played as a linear storydriven game. It also has a time limit that may spook out the newcomers to the classic games.
>>
>>378733360
use your medic skill for some ez exp after every battle
>>
>>378730938
play fo1 first
>>
>>378733360
>>378731758
pointed out, just play the game in any style you want, the game is quite lenient and may be beaten in a variety of ways including the non-lethal ones. I wouldn't recommend Gifted, it's basically a gamebreaking easy mode button that makes everthing dull and simple. You can increase some of the stats by naturally exploring the world later anyways.
>>
>>378733456
or doctor, whichever it is
>>
>>378730938
get the patch that removes censorship and fixes broken shit
>>
File: pepe-raz_125945743_orig_.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-raz_125945743_orig_.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>inb4 OP fails Temple of Trials
>>
>>378730938
game isn't that great, also start with the first one if you care about it at all, tactics is pure trash, don't play that one.
>>
>>378733360
I think there's a few mods that put back some cut content. Something like that isn't necessary but that's how I started FO2 because I wanted the "full experience".
>>
>>378733360
>Any thing else?
Don't take 'skilled'. Tag at least one offensive skill your build is suited for; don't feel like you absolutely need to minmax your starting stats. Have fun, anon!

>>378733539
>I wouldn't recommend Gifted
I wouldn't recommend a new player use it and minmax their stats to 10s or something, but I think it's good so that new players can buffer their stats a little. Especially for players new to the genre, it's good to have a higher average of stats so they can keep a lot of options open.
It's not like recommending, say, Fast Shot where you lose out on an entire game mechanic
>>
>>378730938
I'm in the boat with this anon, quick question
I want'ed to due a dumb luck build with High luck, speech and unarmed, but I noticed that in the tut. lvl being stupid locks the persuasion dialogues. Is it possible to do a stupid diplomat build in this game?
>>
If you wanna have easy time, kill the gun seller in Den and loot his magnum. It's a lawless town so you won't be bothered for it.
>>
>>378731297
tbf its not like all sites give the max throttle to download speeds, depending on how anons going about getting it.
>>
>>378731148
>>378731297
>can't use 4chan without 40Mb/s
And people like you are just posting on /g/
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>378730938
Play FO1 first. Seriously, screw that long download and get that instead. It's a much shorter, tighter and easier game and a perfect starting point. Personally I think it's also the better one. Then play 2, which is awesome in its own right.
>>
>>378735791
this is valid

fo2 is alright, but its tutorial is terrible and difficulty (while game overall isn't really hard) is higher than fo1 because game kinda assumes that you know how does fallout works. It's better to play fo1 first and get a good grip of game mechanics.
>>
>>378730938
big guns is fucking terrible
>>
>not underrail
>>
>>378731153

Or you can avoid fighting, or you can beat the bugs without the relevant skills (IIRC they're that easy, might be wrong). Temple of Trials is a shitty introduction but that meme is still false.
>>
>>378731253
By any chance, you Russian ? The Russians love fallout and slav-survival games.
>>
>>378740114
Broadband Internet is actually surprisingly cheap here. I have unlimited ~10MB/s connection for ~$10 a month. And I don't even live in Moscow or SPB where it's even faster and cheaper.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.