[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

60 million dollars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

File: hqddfghdfghefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqddfghdfghefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
what does a 60 million dollar budget get you?

The answer is easy

>a Dead Space knock-off that lets you shoot spiders and fire a goo gun
>>
>>378730190
I still haven't played it but a question for the musicfags out there. Was "Everything is going to be okay" the only good track in the game?
>>
Big mistake was not having more alien stuff to fuck around with. The game really isn't all that horrible, it's just bland. There's not a whole lot of shit to see.
>>
>>378730190
In reality, half of that isnt actually going into the game, and I bet only a quarter of it even touches the game development. Most of it goes into the pockets of marketing and the higher ups. They count their salaries as part of the budget.
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbW9JqM7vho

OP here. The blunder intensified when their Denuvo got cracked in 1 week

not only that... Denuvo was cracked 3 times for each fuckin game update
>>
File: 1488363144509.jpg (29KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
1488363144509.jpg
29KB, 400x558px
It's one of the better games I've played in the last year.

It's my 'Dying Light' of this year. A pleasant surprise and very underrated game.
>>
>>378730292
No but it is one of the best.
>>
Constant shills threads on/v/
>>
It's a great game. It has nothing to do with dead space, OP is a huge faggot who obviously didn't play the game.
>>
>>378731341
>dying light
so is garbage then
>>
OP you obviously didn't even play the game.

It's fucking Bioshock in space. Game is awesome.
>>
SO SO FAST
>>
>>378733102
weebfaggot detected
>>
>>378733102

Yes garbage
>>
Which alien powers are good? Kinetic blast and regen have been giving me the most mileage, but psychoshock and mind jack have been doing work in the crew quarters.
>>
>>378733115
Friends, this is what full-fircle looks like.

Bioshock... In Space... Indeed.
>>
>>378730190

59 millions for their marketing campaign.

1 million to develop.
>>
>>378733248
yes it plays more like Bioshock than SS, thus "Bioshock in space"
>>
>>378731341
Something about that picture gives me an overwhelming sense of calm.
>>
>/v/ memes about le $60 million
>/v/ then proceeds to nonstop suck the microdick of this mediocre piece of trash, which cost $250,000,000 (TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FUCKING-MILLION) dollars to develop

>Otakuniggers/Weebniggers claim they aren't at all biased

supreme cuckery going on ITT
>>
>>378733115
>It's fucking Bioshock in space.
I hope you were being very ironic when you said that.
>>
File: Superior Jap Game.jpg (31KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Superior Jap Game.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
>>378733435
forgot image but im sure you could have already guessed what game it is : ^)
>>
File: 1455145714673.jpg (16KB, 180x192px) Image search: [Google]
1455145714673.jpg
16KB, 180x192px
Not a Dead Space ripoff at all. If anything is a System Shock ripoff in a damn good way.

Seriously damn fine game.
>>
>>378733502
I thought it was nier automata. But DD is mediocre too. I love western games I love japanese games but in all my 7 years on boards I never understood why vidya is so obsessed with groriusu nippon games only.
>>
>>378733445
Why?
>>
>>378730190
>deadspace knock off
Bruhh do you even System Shock?
>>
>>378733445
>i hope you were being very ironic

You honestly sound like a fucking retard.
>>
>>378733751
I'm fairly certain nier:automata didn't have a $250 million dollar budget. I instantly knew it was DD when that was mentioned because it still baffles me to this day.

Well I assume it was mostly due to scrapped projects and development hell, but DD, despite being decent, just doesn't FEEL like it has the production value that was put into it.
>>
>>378730414
this is pretty much it
>>
>>378733890
How many of you even played SS1?
>>
>>378733931
Why exactly?
>>
>>378733445
from the sound of it you don't even know what ironic means faggot
>>
>>378734039

Because only a legit fucking autist would talk/type like that.

And I say that as an adult well into his 20's who isn't just insulting you because that's what people do on /v/ or anonymous internet forums.

You legit sound like you're fucking retarded.
>>
Really surprised how good the game is. Like a System Shock 2 sequel but where Bioshock simplified Prey expands a bit. Story isn't the best and it's sad we haven't moved past audiologs as the maain storytelling device but it works.

Wish it had the co op SS2 did though.
>>
>>378733954
I played SS1 after playing 2, because I was like 7 at the time 1 came out. But finally got around to 1 eventually thanks to dosbox.

Shit's good. The UI/controls can be clunky as all hell but that's fixable with the new GOG/Steam releases and others
>>
File: 1473396739153.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473396739153.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>378734186
>moved past audio logs

You're a dunce if you can't see why audio logs are perfect for the type of game the -shock are. Even out of context, being able to listen and indulge in the story while interacting with the game world is more immersive than being forced to by listening to some fucking retard babble or being forced to sit through a 2 hour cutscene because kojima needs to shit exposition down your throat.
>>
>>378734152
>calling other people "autistic" and "retarded" over the use of a perfectly normal sentence
>" isn't just insulting you because that's what people do on /v/ "
I don't think you even know where the line is between being normal and behaving like a complete spaz on /v/ anymore.
If my wording makes you so upset, just hide the comment, you know?
>>
File: Prey_Psychoshock_730x411.png (559KB, 730x411px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_Psychoshock_730x411.png
559KB, 730x411px
>>378730190
>>378730190
>>378730190

There's no way OP is not trolling. I immediately felt a System Shock/original Bioshock vibe when I started this game. The amount of cool shit you can do just by being creative is way beyond most current games and their "you can solve this puzzle/quest in 2/4/6 different ways!"

In Prey I was doing shit I jokingly thought about doing, and lo and behold, devs had actually made it a permissable tactic in the game.
>>
>>378734152
>reddit spacing
>>
I live in Eastern Yurop, the video game piracy capital of the world, and the game had huge ass ads in the underground here.

As for the game itself, I think it's pretty good.
Looking at it piece by piece, it's objectively better than SS2 (level size being the only exception), but it doesn't really come together.
>>
File: 1486229628735.png (714KB, 647x583px) Image search: [Google]
1486229628735.png
714KB, 647x583px
>>378734480
>I ended up sequence breaking unintentionally multiple times
>>
>>378730190
>t. human head
did it hurt your feelings that arkane made an extraordinary game unlike you guys?
>>
>60 million dollar budget
source you fucking retard
>>
>>378734060
he meant ironic shitposting, which I hope to God that other anon's post was
>>
STOP MAKING THIS FUCKING THREAD EVERY DAY
>>
I went into the game with zero expectations or even knowing what it really was.
Ended up pleasantly surprised, it's a good "shock clone" with a fantastic world design.

I think most people's problem with it is that it's called "Prey", and people resent Bethesda for how they treated Human Head Studios.
If it had been called "Typhon" or something /v/ would have been a lot kinder towards it.

So far it's my "unexpected hit of the year"
>>
>>378734673
You want to know something?

It was actually going to be called Typhon but Beth made them change the name during production.
>>
>>378734878
Fuck that's lame, sounds like a "Use it or lose it" copyright scenario.
>>
>>378735092
They didn't use that copyright for bloody anything, but still cling to it
>>
>>378734878
>It was actually going to be called Typhon but Beth made them change the name during production.
I want to hear a fucking source on this, because I'm pretty sure that is BULLSHIT. Beth approached Arkane SPECIFICALLY to make make a Prey game after the Human Head fucked up so hard that Beth had to pull the plug on them. Arkane was reluctant to do it, because no sane people would really want to pick up the load of bullshit Prey IP was, but eventually made an agreement that they accept the name in exchange for relatively high degree of creative freedom, and that is where they started working out what the game is going to be about, taking it as an opportunity to make their own dream SS2 sequel game.
There even was a leaked part of very early presentation by Colantonio several months AFTER the leaked emails suggesting Arkane has been given the Prey IP, clearly showing the game was still purely in prototype phase and basically nothing about it's design was yet finalized.
>>
why is there such a hateboner for this game?

can someone explain?
>>
>>378734673
I don't know why people get so worked up about
>stealing
Prey's name.
Wall walking aside, the 2006 game was nothing special (with some parts being downright embarassing, like the silly dialogue and the fact that you could not fucking die), and Prey was a DNF-tier overhyped vaporware project for ten years before that.
Prey 2's fate was sealed way before Human Head's project was killed and Arkane's game was built from scratch.
>>
>>378736092
Same autistic retard making the same thread every day several times
>>
>>378736092
one autist is insane in the membrane
>>
>>378730190
The game os already 33% off on PSN. Did they uncuck the console versions yet?
>>
>>378733615
This. People who can appreciate this game played games before the 360 generation, who cannot stand games where shot isnt blowing up the entire time and press A to win
>>
>Shoot glue gun at enemy
>Beat enemy to death with wrench
>repeat

Riveting gameplay lads
>>
>>378736751
>zap enemy with plasmid
>wack them with a wrench
>>
>>378736105
A lot of people are retroactively praising Prey 2 based on the E3 video, projecting their wishes of a perfect game onto it (just like people did with No Man's Sky).

Human Head did have some interesting ideas for it, but it was never going to be a good game.

>DNF tier overhyped vaporware

Glad I'm not the only one who remembers 2006 Prey's development.
>>
>>378736998
>Human Head did have some interesting ideas for it, but it was never going to be a good game.
Yeah, just like they had some interesting ideas for Prey 1 and Rune, right? Remember how Rune was supposed to be the biggest thing ever? How they boasted the "everything can become a weapon" thing - boasting about the battles where you can literally just grab a bar stool and smash your enemies with that - hell, you could even cut off an enemy's limb, then grab that limb and beat him to death with it? That was a cool idea at the time...

Interesting ideas in Human Head studios hands are literally just destined to become absolutely worthless for anything except hype building. They have actually never worked on a game that would not end up being absolutely terrible. Straight up: they don't have a single good game to their bloody roster. Prey is still their least embarrasing game and that game is fucking attrocious. So I really can't comprehend how people got so fired up about Prey 2. Hell it did not even promise any decent gimmick, just the open-world structure.
>>
>>378730190
> 60 million dollars
Alright, that's a fucking waste.
>>
did anyone play this game on a 960 2gb? 4gb even? or similar old shitty card like a 770 or 580 or something
>>
>>378736751
t.shithead with no creativity
the gameplay was better than system shock 2's
>>
>>378733102
Your taste is shit
>>
>>378733435
>>378733502
>DD
>Otakuniggers/Weebniggers
The hell? The game itself is as westernesque as a game can be, it's not even like kojima games that are a mix of various things, it's a jap game for western audience and people who like western style.
>>378733751
>I thought it was nier automata.
You can't be serious, Automata had a very low budget have even for jap standards like taro's games always have. If anything it could be even lower than usual since square didn't even want to let him make it.
>>
>>378730371
How is the story? Thinking about picking it up honestly cause Ive been on a good story run with my last few games.
>>
>>378740030
>How is the story?
Most of it is not awful, but it's not great either. The ending is: as you have probably heard, absolutely terrible.

The absolute best part of the narrative is the sheer environmental focus. The station feels like a logical, organic place and while the "read emails, listen to audiologs" gimmick is pretty tired, they put a lot of effort into creating a lot of small characters and their small stories which then both make the whole station feel like a real place, and also often actually has gameplay relevance. Some of these micro-stories are actually pretty amusing too.

The main plot on the other hand is largely predictable and standard "in their greed humans go too far and now everything fucked up" sci-fi shlock. There are some more interesting themes - the world building has some good ideas and the themes of identity and personality aren't terrible. But the living characters have the Arkane issue of being really still and awkward and there is not a single thing that you would have not seen. Actually the plot is really barebones, most of it consists of a single "go there, pick up that: oh no, there is a LOT convoluted obstacles in your path, so here is a chain of meaningless sub-objectives you need to complete to unlock your way." And that is like literally 70% of the plot.

Again, it's actually kinda nice how things work more organically with the gameplay: how you can solve problems and use your tools freely and the plot will adopt and accomodate somewhat, but as a story alone it's not remarkable. Better than Dishonored or Arx Fatalis, but still not amazing.
Also yeah: the ending really, really sucks. Like, terrible shit ending. Completely pointless too.

It has most of the old Arkane story-telling issues, some of it is awkward, rest mostly predictable and uninteresting, with a few smaller good things poping up here and there.

The rest of the game is pretty amazing though.
>>
>>378740591
Neato. Thanks for lending your opinion Anon. Ill either wait for a price drop or fall to impulse sooner or later. Not after I finish Horizon Zero Dawn though.
>>
>>378740030
>How is the story?
It was all a dream.
Yes, in a game where you have shape shifting aliens, where you could literally make it about who is human, or are my allies on my side, that on top start with a 15 minute simulation scene, that takes place in highly advanced alternative timeline all they could think of is the most cliched bullshit in writing history.
Worst part? The game makes big deal of not using aliens powers, oh no what will it do to your body? Fucking nothing, its a dream, fuck you, you stopped me from having fun.

So how was it? It was shit.
>>
>>378736092
Overmarketing. Did you not have Prey shoved down your throat all over the internet prior to launch? That 60 mil must have been at least a third marketing budget.
>>
>>378741134
The ending is pretty shit, but I will never comprehend how people can go winging on about how it utterly ruined the rest of the game and the plot for them. It's almost as bad as those people complaining about how the secret Polyhedron ending ending ruined Pathologic.
It feels like somewhat recently, some youtube-movie critics repeatedly pointing out that dream sequences are largely a waste of viewers time, and now everybody is hypersensitive and throws tantrums about it because that is the thing to do these days.

It does not really render what you did or what happened irrelevant: not any more than any other story in any other videogame ever. It's a lazy cop-out for sure, a twist that does not really add anything to the story is the worst kind of twist without a doubt. But it does not actually detract either. Stories and decisions are no less relevant just because of that stupid end reveal: the relevance comes from the need to make a decision, not from being super-rewarded and praised for it in the fucking ending.

The ending is crap, but people are really, really overracting to it and over-estimating it's importance.

Also:
>fucking nothing, its a dream, fuck you, you stopped me from having fun.
No you idiot, you stopped yourself from having fun.
>>
>>378734480
I'll agree with you that there are interesting features that you could try, like getting in to offices through the little serving windows by mimicking a mug, or using a PC terminal from a distance with the Foam Dart Crossbow thingy. There's no ledge too high because the glue gun is a walking foothold creator.

The game gives you a lot to be creative with but doesn't tell you that you can do it. It's designed to be fun to explore and experiment but there are still a lot of drawbacks with how the game plays out i.e. giving you the psychoscope so early and forcing you to get it, having it come with a mimic detector, and the fact that there are very few enemies in the game. To say that it's some alien species that can change shape there's only 7 enemies in the game 1 of which isn't even an alien. Also, the fact that technomancers possess and manipulate technology but don't do anything apart from, lock doors, pick up turrets and corrupt operators I find rather lacklustre.

The game could be a lot more and a lot better in my opinion but I won't say I was dissatisfied with what I got.
>>
>>378741603
Recently?
Everybody always hated the its all a dream trope.
The only person i can think who used it right was Nolan in Inception, where it dosnt matter if its real or not, since what does matter is DiCaprio journey into acceptance.

>No you idiot, you stopped yourself from having fun.
Oh fuck off. I stopped myself from shooting every survivor in the face, since guess what, i expected it to have some impact on the story and what will be available to me.
Same with the powers, with how up played the aliens are evil is i expected it would have huge impact on the story, but in the end it dosnt matter one bit.
Its bets to go full ayy lmao and not care about anything.
>>
I liked it

If you're here and want to play the game at any point in time these salty low IQ retards will just spoil it for you and it's the kind of game where spoilers will actually spoil it so just leave
>>
>>378730190
It's not even a horror game, idiot. Once again OP is a faggot.
>>
File: 1492995584999.jpg (29KB, 400x232px) Image search: [Google]
1492995584999.jpg
29KB, 400x232px
>game tells you to not get any alien powers
>okay
>your only reward is one line of dialogue in the ending
>>
File: SHODAN.jpg (188KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
SHODAN.jpg
188KB, 1024x640px
>>378733849
Because Bioshock is literally System Shock underwater, that's why.

If you don't know what System Shock is, it's Bioshock in space but before Bioshock came out.
>>
>>378743654

A heavily streamlined System Shock underwater, at that. A decent game, but still.
>>
>>378743403
There's an achievement for getting only human and only typhon powers. And one for no powers
>>
File: 1450193267817.gif (2MB, 383x204px) Image search: [Google]
1450193267817.gif
2MB, 383x204px
>>378743814
>an achievement
>>
>60 million
Why, that's the same as the amount of Jews killed in Aushwitz!
>>
File: 1466911833751.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1466911833751.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>EVERY _____shock game must have an ebin tweest at the end
>>
>>378744021
i smell a jewspiracy
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.