[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ZELDA TIMELINE FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1465953381189.jpg (346KB, 1500x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1465953381189.jpg
346KB, 1500x1071px
Hidemaro Fujibayashi, director of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild:
“It takes place in an age long, long after any of the titles released to date. It is the most recent age. And because of this we believe players will be able to easily immerse themselves in the game. Of course, regardless of the time period, the story does unfold in Hyrule so for those who’ve played other titles in the series there will be a lot of recognizable places to enjoy.”
Latest in the timeline fags redeemed.
Source: https://gamerant.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-where-timeline/
>>
>>378729915
I said a long time ago its Fallen Hero arc well into the future so nothing of value lost
>>
Pretty obvious since Ganon was sealed for like 10k years before breaking out.

I think what really killed my interest was the first flashback scene. It just put an end to any interesting speculation people had about the game.
>>
>>378730101
That leaves 10k years for games with non Ganon villain games.
>>
>>378730010
This. It's pretty obvious given the hints in the game. Such as the Master Sword being in the same place it was put back in LttP.
>>
He's basically saying that the timeline shit doesn't matter and just enjoy the game. Too bad the lore in botw is shit.
>>
>>378731713
If it's that timeline it would be after ALBW not LttP.
>>
>>378729915
>caring about zelda timeline

Zelda never ever had any sort of timeline til videogames became mainstream. Every new Zelda game was another instalment in a diferent place with diferent characters that shared the same name. It is never the same Link, it is never the same Zelda but it is always the same Ganon. Huryle Storia was released to apeased those faggots who insists in a timeline to the games events. But it back in time when Miyamoto was asked when the game passed it was always centuries ahead of the previous game.
But every new zelda game is a retelling of the Legend, of how Hyrule was created, of how the evil was formed, of how Zelda is important and how Link (wich its name is just an alegory to refer to the player) is the chosen one.

So, for who keeps talking about zelda timeline here the truth:

IT DOESN'T MATTERS, IT NEVER DID AND NEVER WILL.
>>
File: 91cth97vynly.jpg (419KB, 3362x1716px) Image search: [Google]
91cth97vynly.jpg
419KB, 3362x1716px
>>378731713
Yeah, but in LttP there is no Lon Lon Ranch Ruins.
ignore the letters in the middle
>>
>>378732392
oh my god............
>>
The fact that it takes place in hyrule basically rules out the adult timeline anyway.
>>
Who the fuck cares though?
>>
This "who cares just play the game" stuff really reinforces my decision not to play Zelda or Nintendo games in general. Intelligent people need narrative driving gameplay otherwise there's no reason to even be motivated to play. It is the most lazy shit to toss out any attempt to make sense of the zelda universe and really tells me that this series is aimed purely at the lowest common denominator. Sad.
>>
>>378733183
>I play games for the story
kys
>>
>>378733183
>Intelligent people
>Playing video games
kek, remember where we are.
>>
>>378730010
This, it's pretty much confirmed now, latest in the fallen timeline, can't be after tp and fsa or the toon tracks so this one's it
>>
File: hmamttt4.jpg (35KB, 598x520px) Image search: [Google]
hmamttt4.jpg
35KB, 598x520px
>>378733183
>playing for the story in the entertainment medium that has worst quality of the stories
really activated my synapses
>>
>>378733183
Who the duck would play games for the story, stories in games are trash. Fuck off with your new age bullshit, we didn't need stories in arcades
>>
>>378729915
Do people honestly still take the timeline seriously? Its obvious the series was never made with an actual timeline in mind. The one they came up with for Hyrule Historia was a complete and total asspull.
>>
>>378732392
that's pretty neat
>>
>>378733183
>Intelligent people need narrative driving gameplay
You must love David Cage games then.
>>
>>378729915
this has been known since day 1 that the new zelda didn't give a fucking shit about the timeline, much like it didn't give a fucking shit about anything, the least of which includes being a decent game.

this really may as well have just been a new franchise cause nothing else about it makes sense as a zelda game.
>>
File: 1489673145440.gif (2MB, 339x190px) Image search: [Google]
1489673145440.gif
2MB, 339x190px
>>378737748
>the trailers leading up to it make it look awesome implying you'll be going through all that
>it was all in the past
I agree. Also whatever their "story dlc" is already too late I think to give the story any meaning.
>>
>>378732392

>Pieces of wood still visible thousands of years later.

yeah no.

So is the game set in the windwaker timeline or not ?
>>
>>378729915
The timeline makes little sense, but I can see why this game would be the most recent entry, chronologically speaking.

>magic is dwindling and many of the past enemies who used magic are gone. Even magical items seem to not exist anymore, except for the elemental rods and arrows
>the Royal bloodline is getting weaker too: the current princess Zelda cannot use magic, summon the Triforce, have prophetic dreams, hear the voice of the Master Sword and spirits, and the only time when she was able to have a special dream, she couldn't even hear the Goddess' voice
>at the end, her power "dies" again after 100 years of strain and fight against Ganon
>people all forgot about the three Goddesses
>ruins scattered everywhere
>focus on technology rather than magic
>Ganon lost any kind of humanity and can only come back as a monstrous beast now

While playing the game, I always had the impression that the time of Hyrule was coming to a bittersweet end.
>>
>>378739297
The timeline is beyond retarded.
>>
Why do people care about the timeline? A lot of the games have the same plot. It's not like there's 5 books worth of text like in Morrowind or Fallout.
>>
>>378733183
>So stupid he needs to play video games for their story
Wew
>>
too bad nintendo will do nothing but crap out sequels with the same exact story and quest nowadays. I miss Majora and Vaati. And Onyx. That dude was a dragon.
>>
>>378742690
>exact same story
>botw
>TP
>SS
>WW
??????
>>
File: 1454416812781.png (264KB, 840x876px) Image search: [Google]
1454416812781.png
264KB, 840x876px
>>378739671
How long before we get an industrial type of Hyrule? That might be neat.
>>
>>378742874
>Gannoncanon is back
>Get da master sword and kill Ganon with maybe a little bit of help from Zelda
>>
I can't believe people care about Zelda timelines
>>
>>378742249
It's fun to piece everything together. It's not like anyone is claiming Zelda has some DEEPEST LORE going on.
>>
In OoT Gerudos have round ears and very big noses.
However, in BotW, Gerudos now have pointy ears and small noses which are similar to Hylians.
What does this imply?
>>
you guys know they sloppily threw together some retarded pronged timeline to make it seem like Zelda had coherent lore, when it never did, right?
>>
>>378743974
10000 years of delicious race mixing
>>
>>378742249

autism makes people care about shit they dont really care about
>>
>>378743452
Skyrim
>The dragons come back, kill the master dragon

Anything can be stripped down to basic shit; also you brainlet, ganon is not in every Zelda game
>>
>>378739297
The wind waked timeline destroyed hyrule. Most likely it is in the twilight princess timeline. (It even mentions the twilight realm and what not.)
>>
>>378733183
>Intelligent people need narrative driving gameplay otherwise there's no reason to even be motivated to play

Wow you're special..
>>
>>378729915
seems inline with the theory ive been throwing around with my friend, convergence of timelines, grand society creates super technology to protect themselves, still get destroyed, hyrule is born again eventually.

Nintendo killed the minish and its why their are no more items in grass
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.