[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Vegas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: The_Kings.jpg (229KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
The_Kings.jpg
229KB, 900x600px
Why aren't there any Elvis songs on Radio New Vegas? I mean there's a whole gang of Elvis wannabes right outside the Strip and yet no Elvis radio station. Would've been cool for them to put in some Wayne Newton as well, considering he's Mr New Vegas. I've never seen a mod for this either, anyone know some good radio mods that aren't CONELRAD?
>>
>>378726191
They wanted to have an Elvis song, but it was wayyyyy too expensive iirc
>>
Getting the rights for Elvis is probably a real bitch, as for mods just make your own and put it in whatever you like.
>>
>>378726191
Same reason there's no well known music in the game at all; its too expensive.
>>
I watched a stream of the devs playing some time ago and this question was asked. He said something along the lines of that licensing just one Elvis song would have cost them their entire budget.
>>
>>378726413
>blue moon by Sinatra
>Ain't that a kick in the head by Dean Martin
>not well known
I mean they're not New York New York but they are pretty well known, ain't that a kick in the head is used in Goodfellas and everything.
>>
>>378726413
I'd say Sinatra and Dean Martin are pretty well known
>>
>>378726191
Use google.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50211/?
>>
>>378726191
TO THE TOWN OF AGUA FRIA RODE A STRANGER ONE FINE DAY
>>
>>378726191
Thinking of playing this after 2
How's vanilla? I don't want to use mods because I go full autism with them.
>>
>>378726824
Broken. You'll need shit like NVSE, NVAC, NVSR, and NV4GB.
>>
>>378726191
Like others said, too expensive. I'm guessing Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc, already cost them an absurd amount of money. Elvis might've pushed them over the edge.
I'm more surprised that they managed to get Sinatra but I guess whoever is dealing with the estate of Elvis wants to milk the King's songs for several millions. Can't even remember the last time I've heard an Elvis song in a movie.
>>
>>378726824
Played it without mods. Didn't get a lot of problems. Can't even remember any glitch or bug. That being said, it's Bethesda's engine. It's a gamble on whether it will just work or fuck up.
>>
>>378726824
Vanilla is a broken, shoddy mess. In all honesty it's not worth doing a vanilla NV run at all. The game itself, once you can get past the myriad of game breaking glitches, wild instability, and litany of unfinished mechanics and content, is honestly the best game in the series. I think it does shine far more so with mods. It's not that the mods for NV radically overhaul the game or make something completely new and good out of a previously shit game, but they serve to enhance what's there already and give the game FAR more qualify of life.

For example, it is required to download fan patches just to get it to a stable state. After that I would H I G H L Y recommend the Fallout 4 real time loot mod. That change is the sole good thing to come from FO4, and it makes such a vast difference in minute to minute gameplay in the wasteland it isn't even funny. The game is also ugly as sin and visual overhaul mods are for the most part pretty damn accurate to vanilla, but better. Poco Ojo/Bueno for example. There are a litany of tiny mods that make mild little tweaks to just improve hundreds of small things that just couldn't make it to the game on time given deadlines. It's absolutely worth playing with them, because the game goes from an extremely frustrating but engaging experience to a 10/10 GOTYAY.
>>
>daily generals for a 7 year old game
lol nce i love reiddt and fallot new vegas
>>
File: 1433353414732.png (87KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
1433353414732.png
87KB, 399x382px
>>378726191
You idiots argue over anything!
Who was right all along?
Oh! By the way.. The house always wins :)
>>
File: 1494798013350.png (215KB, 365x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494798013350.png
215KB, 365x300px
>>378727767
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.