[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You faggots will argue over anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: well which is it.png (863KB, 2000x668px) Image search: [Google]
well which is it.png
863KB, 2000x668px
You faggots will argue over anything.
>>
>No Man's Sky
>Battleborn

vs

>Dorf Fort
>>
don't make games
>>
The real question is: Am I trying to make money or is money no concern to me?
>>
>>378725086
personally if I were capable of creating anything that multiple people could enjoy than I am happy with that
>>
>>378725194
This.
/thread
>>
The obscure game would be loved if it had a $100 million dollar advertising campaign and was given out to people for free

Yet they'd still probably just let it sit in their steam library because "not muh genre of choice"

I don't like gamers because they're prejudiced against other races (we all are to some degree), but they're prejudiced to game genres and hate anything that doesn't fall into their wheelhouse
>>
File: 1495316504343.jpg (127KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
1495316504343.jpg
127KB, 601x500px
>>378725086
I love that nigga's videos
>>
>>378725194
no buy guy was a right game marketed as a left game
>>
>>378725305
what has race to do with this at all?
>>
File: alright.jpg (14KB, 335x385px) Image search: [Google]
alright.jpg
14KB, 335x385px
>>378725305
>I don't like people because they have personal opinions and mostly seek entertainment they know they love and that align with their personal tastes
>>
>>378725194
Two extremes. Catering to everyone and catering to those who suffer with autism. Both resulted in shitty games.
>>
That depends on the game's quality. If left will just be another generic game to satisfy as much people as possible, then I'd rather choose right.
>>
>>378725543
That isn't what OP asked.

NMS and Blunderborn were made in the hopes that many people would like it

DF is made by a guy who knows people will love it.
>>
>>378725086
Right everytime. Who knows, maybe that game you made for a small audience has much more mass appeal than you may realize, it's happened before.
>>
literally nothing wrong with niche games, you don't have to spend a gorillion dollars on marketing because fans will spread the word for you. this means you ubisoft, make another fucking silent hunter game like 3 and 4 and forget 5 happened.
>>
File: dress.jpg (18KB, 600x364px) Image search: [Google]
dress.jpg
18KB, 600x364px
>>
>>378725543
>autism
autist
>>
>>378725086
I'd prefer developers make games they'd want to play
>>
>>378725353
seriously, this guy is retarded.
>>
>>378725086
That's a pretty good point you have there, anon.
>>
There will always be a few people that will love the game even if you make it a game you hope many people like

dumbass
>>
File: spaghetti yarn.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti yarn.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>378725848
Speaking of niche games from big studios, how did Spaghetti-kun game end up?
>>
File: rus.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rus.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
>>378725086
Left
if many people like it, a few will love it
of course, a few will hate it so much, like people on here, they will print out my head and slap it on range targets
>>
>>378728178
It wasn't amazing but it was a fun enough little game. You could tell there was a lot of passion put into it which helped make up for the deficiencies.
>>
>>378728121
>>378728316

way to miss the point

The OP is not about the actual results because they are completely unpredictable anyway
you could intentionally make something really shitty and there will be a few people who love it too
you can't just simply predict what inherently unpredictable human beings will love or hate
why do you think so many big corporations waste so much time and money on market research trying so hard to do just that? and game developers are no different which is what leads to games the left describes

Its just about the intention that creators have before they even release their work to the public and how that affects it
the reality is you can't have it both ways
if you have the intention of appealing to the lowest common denominator you naturally have to make sacrifices and that will generate contempt from people who want something more
>>
>>378725086
or
>Make a game a few people will like, and then tell everyone else that the game is amazing, and watch the people with half of a brain listen to you that your game is absolutely amazing and watch them defend it mindlessly
Do you even know how to business?
>>
File: 1438320405534.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1438320405534.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>>378728121

There will always be fans. That's what they call a cult classic.

Let me boil down the message to something more understandable:

You'll never get the "x" audience.

Adding horde mode won't make your game Gears of War
Adding invasions won't make your game Dark Souls
Adding crafting won't make your game minecraft.

Permadeath won't make you NetHack, Morality won't make you Mass Effect, Memes won't make you Portal and little fucking monsters won't make you Pokemon.

Don't add a single thing to your game on the suggestion of your publisher. Your game isn't going to kill ANYONE elses by trying to be their game.

It's like an impersonator bitching about being eclipsed by his subject: Listen pal, if you sang better than Elvis, people would be impersonating you.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.