[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls Theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ringed city.jpg (5KB, 320x157px) Image search: [Google]
ringed city.jpg
5KB, 320x157px
I think everybody has it wrong. The furtive pygmy isn't Manus, it isn't a group of pygmies, and it definitely isn't your own character in any of the games.
The furtive pygmy is a primeval human who found The Dark Soul, and what was the first thing he did with its power?
He created humanity.
Humanity is the essence of one's own self. It is what brings people together in cooperation and conflict in the souls universe (white summons, invasions, etc.) It embodies what it means to be human for both good and bad intentions, ethically speaking.
Now, let's look at the definition of furtive:
"attempting to avoid notice or attention, typically because of guilt or a belief that discovery would lead to trouble; secretive."

Now that we've got that out of the way, who is the one character in the souls universe that is seen as early as ds1, who consistently expresses the fundamental traits of humanity in both good and bad forms, who is always "attempting to avoid notice or attention, typically because of guilt or a belief that discovery would lead to trouble", and who is always truely one's self?

It's Patches.

Patches is the furtive pygmy. He is so easily forgotten that even Gwyn himself forgot how he attempted to fool Patches with the crown of The Ringed City as illustrated by the statue found in the city. Whether or not Patches accepted or rejected the crown is unknown, but it would explain his behavior and opinions.
He hates clerics.
He always helps somebody (saying there's treasure down a hole) only to betray them immediately.
He never really takes the blame for his actions.
He expresses traits of both a friend and a foe.

These are all things that Gwyn did to him or attempted to do at least. Thus, he holds the grudge in a peculiar manner and teaches his descendants about the way of the world, at least from his perspective.

"Does this not ring clear and true?"

This is only a theory, what does /v/ think?

Pic related.
>>
>This is only a theory
A GAME Theory!
>>
>>378720260
It does kind of make sense.
>>
>>378720260
>This is only a theory, what does /v/ think?

It's some youtuber's fanfic bullshit. Noone ever said it was Manus. We reasonably assumed it was our own character in the first game, now we know it was one of the pygmies that were later housed in the Ringed City.

Patches being the furtive pygmy is as retarded as solair being Gwyns son.
>>
File: 1437244146469.jpg (9KB, 320x323px) Image search: [Google]
1437244146469.jpg
9KB, 320x323px
>>378721007
>>
>>378721321
Solaire made sense.
>>
>>378721417
...at the time.
>>
Patches is obviously an avatar of Nyarlathotep, the god of chaos and discord. He goes around fucking with people for fun and can shapeshift and has survived longer than any other character, and can also crossover into other realities. Get your facts straight, O.P. dumb pygmy posters
>>
>>378721417
>Solaire made sense.

no it doesn't, he goes hollow, which means he's human like you
>>
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
So what do you think about that statue doing something as significant as the Patches squat in the pic?
>>
>>378721668
No he doesn't you mong. It was his "sun".
>>
File: Dark Souls 3.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 3.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>378720260
Interesting game, played it a lot and explored. Sadly this game is done I've hit all spots on my first play through and to be honest it was pretty good.
Fucking shame that DS3 is pretty much the last we'll ever get of the souls series god damn fucking shame.
>>
>>378721668
I believe humans and the gods are still technically the same species. "Humans" are just those descended from the pygmies while the "Gods" descend from Gwyn, Witch of Izalith, or Nito.
>>
How the fuck do I beat Friede? Don't say git gut because I'm pretty good already. This is lady Maria on fucking steroids, and at least Maria only had two phases.

Also Gael is a fucking bitchboy, he always dies on me in the middle of the second phase and I don't think I can do this without him.
>>
>>378721668
Remember how Gwyn went hollow
>>
>>378721718
i beat ds2 and immediately went to ds3, but i got so sick of the infinite rolls, unpunishable heals, and 3v1 ganks nearly every invasion, so i bought SOTFS despite having the original version just to not deal with that bullshit. i get constant invasions and arena duels and its way more fun. i still play ds3 regularly in the arena to throw dung pies on people with my straightsword turtle+crossbow quality meta build but it gets boring knowing i will win just because the majority of my opponents are using weapons/builds that aren't viable in the slightest. Ds2 has way more build variety
>>
fan theories are retarded because not even FROM knows who the furtive pygmy is. do you honestly believe they bothered with that shit knowing a bunch of retards would just do the work of making fan theories to explain it away
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.