[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just downloaded this What am in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

I just downloaded this

What am in for?
>>
Pain.
>>
>>378716548
how do u meen?
>>
>>378717109
It feels like a third person dungeon crawler.
>>
https://youtu.be/rP1slFegNv4?t=4848
>>
>>378716520
the most difficult jrpg you'll ever play.
>>
>>378716548
If you get through it, one of the greatest twist endings in all of vidya.
>>
It requires a lot of grinding to progress. Dungeons will rape your asshole if you don't come prepared with the strongest gear and healing items.
>>
>>378718291
This. Just prepare well for the dungeons from Climatrol forward. It's a great game and the dungeons are challenging.
>>
File: and be ready to die.jpg (133KB, 640x906px) Image search: [Google]
and be ready to die.jpg
133KB, 640x906px
>>378716520
Lots of random battles and three (3) boss fights. It's good compared to other 80s JRPGs but I can't really recommend it.
The dungeon design is actually very good, but the dungeons don't really matter since you can beat encounters without expending resources, there isn't much variety in battles, and although the story is kinda interesting there isn't much to it. Like other 80s JRPGs, it's mostly just an exercise in tedium.
>>
Are the PS2 remakes good?
>>
>>378718685
Op here. I like 80s JRPGs, so this sounds perfect.
>>
>>378718752
Stay far away.
>>
>>378718685
There wasn't much to RPG stories back then, period. This game was revolutionary in that department.
>>
File: blaster.png (38KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
blaster.png
38KB, 370x370px
>>378718436
Although I complained a bunch, I will say that you don't need to grind. Even when I needed to train a new party member they were able to catch up by equipping two shields and defending (in fact I had two shields on most party members). And I wasn't overlevelled or anything, I fought maybe 25% of the encounters I came across and ran from the rest.

Except if you see these things early on you're in trouble, they are stupidly overpowered.
>>
>>378716520
its boring and hard
>>
I remember it being really good when i played it as a kid.

I want to replay it, but I know i'll just be disappointed since i've been spoilt by new age mechanics.
>>
>>378719051
>T. Millennial
>>
File: sworm.gif (2KB, 50x106px) Image search: [Google]
sworm.gif
2KB, 50x106px
>>378718828
I do think it's good for an 80s JRPG, I just think games from the mid 90s and on are much better.

You should really play PSI first if you haven't already. The gameplay is also quite boring but the game was very impressive when it was released. First person dungeons are cool and the enemies are even animated!

Also there's a patch that restores the japanese version's audio for PSI. I think there might be some other patches that fix up PSI&2's translations, look into that.
>>
Phantasy Star II is complete trash and its dungeons are some of the worst I've seen in gaming history. Most of them are just a bunch of teleports that in many cases teleport you to random locations, so even with a map and a guide it's still a pain in the ass to navigate.

The random encounters are high as shit and the game requires insane amounts of grinding.

I played the PS2 version, which is supposed to be "easier", so I don't even want to imagine how retarded the original version must be. The first game was alright and the first person dungeons gave it a unique perspective but part 2 it's more like a recollection of all the worst things of old school Jrpg's. The story is good tho but the design of this game is fucked up.
>>
>>378719036
Thanks for the flashbacks anon. I'm gonna be triggered for the rest of the night.
>>
>>378716520
grinding lots of grinding other then that pretty fun
>>
>>378721409
>(you)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.