[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will they admit that they fucked up and pull a sega?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: XboxLogo.jpg (53KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
XboxLogo.jpg
53KB, 1200x630px
When will they admit that they fucked up and pull a sega?
>>
>>378704863

They admitted they fucked up a long time ago.
>>
when scorpio sells worse than the wii u
>>
I keep forgetting that xbox exist.
>>
When they stop making enough money to justify being in the console race. They're alot richer than Sega so they can handle some bad years.
>>
>>378704863
They've already admitted it though.

>pull a Sega
Sony will go bankrupt long before Microsoft or Xbox ever does. If you want to play halo so bad buy an Xbox faggot.
>>
When they will stop making profit of it.
>>
>>378705106
>Sony will go bankrupt long before Microsoft or Xbox ever does
Microsoft will stop making consoles before Sony goes bankrupt.
>If you want to play halo so bad buy an Xbox faggot.
If people actually still wanted to play Halo, the Xbox One wouldn't be on the verge of falling into 3rd place this generation.
>>
>>378704863
When the Scorpio goes from a WiiU to a dreamcast.
>>
>>378704983
>when scorpio sells worse than the wii u
That will be a sight to behold
>>
>>378705074
That why they're desperately trying to push Windows 10 gaming? Almost as if, say, they know the Xbox console line's days are numbered?
>>
>>378706523
I am pretty sure they are going after Steam, that's their end game. I think they realized they lost to PS and Nintendo. Steam needs the competition anyway, Sony and Nintendo don't, they just need to focus on knuckling down and pushing out great games. That ship has sailed for Xbox though
>>
>>378706523
MS has always dabbled in PC gaming considering their OS has always been dominant
>>
>>378706523
they're pushing Windows 10 because they want windows 10 everywhere. Windows gaming is basically just marketing for Windows 10. them tying xbox into windows 10 is again just marketing for windows 10. windows is a bigger chunk of the pie for microsoft compared to xbox.
>>
>>378705947
>the Xbox One wouldn't be on the verge of falling into 3rd place this generation
The Xbone doubled WiiU sales though, and the WiiU is out of production while the Xbone is still selling.
>>
>>378705106
>Sony will go bankrupt
>Someone who has never been to /biz/
Both companies are racking in Dosh what you saying? Especially Sony in the games division, the only thing that I can think that got canned was the phone division
>>
>>378707409
a large portion of sony's profits come from playstation and since they insist on making movies like the emoji movie they're lucky they have it.

xbox on the other hand is roughly only 10% of microsoft's profit.
>>
>>378704863
>When will they admit that they fucked up and pull a sega?

Sega had tons of desirable IPs when they dropped out of consoles. Xbox literally has nothing right now.

>>378705106
>Sony will go bankrupt long before Microsoft or Xbox ever does.

Sony is not making the PlayStation. SIE is. Sony is a conglomerate and SIE is a daughter company. It's impossible for SIE to go bankrupt because another daughter company doing badly.

Xbox on the other hand is a devision of MS. MS stopped pouring money into the Xbox long ago. MS doing well doesn't mean they like throwing money into a costly and risky devision.
>>
>>378707726
The revenue for halo alone more than doubled what Nintendo made off their last 4 consoles.
>>
>Americans
>Ever admitting their mistakes and having the dignity to accept a loss
>>
>>378705106
I doubt Sony will go bankrupt but I wish they would. They're nothing but a cancer on technology, obsessed with overpriced, proprietary media and DRM. They don't even really produce anything of value anymore now that their phones are gone, their TV's are of inferior quality now and their movie division is a plague on cinema.
>>
>>378707795
>The revenue for halo alone more than doubled what Nintendo made off their last 4 consoles.

even if your post was not retarded Halo is irrelevant now.
>>
>>378708010
>They're nothing but a cancer on technology

Jesus I just explained it. Sony doesn't make ANYTHING, it's a company that owns companies.
>>
>>378704863
Until cod/madden dudebros and brand loyalist retards stop buying their shitbox console.
So quite a long time. Scorpio is their second-to-last if not final console generation.
>>
>>378707795
No one gives a shit about Halo now.
>>
>>378707795
>Halo
>mad more than the Wii

I seriously doubt that.
>>
>>378705015

No you don't
>>
https://venturebeat.com/2017/04/27/microsoft-reports-23-6-billion-in-q3-2017-revenue-azure-up-93-surface-down-26-and-windows-up-5/

>Q3 2017
>Gaming revenue grew 4 percent, thanks to Xbox Live. This is surprising given that many gamers are waiting for Project Scorpio.
>>
File: 1493690080791.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1493690080791.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>378708260
I doubt that as well.
>>
>30m sales
>fucked up
>>
>>378704863
OG Hueg Xbox sold okay, outsold the fucking Game Cube.

The 360 sold over 83 million consoles, which was outstanding.

And even the Xbone is at 30 million consoles sold, considering how bad their E3 reveal was, this is a fucking miracle. Overall the Xbox brand has done okay. Sure as hell better than Sega. Hell better than Nintendo 2 of the last 3 gens.
>>
>>378708562

People tend to forget this, Xbone is the fastest selling Microsoft console of all time
>>
>>378708260
>>378708146
>>378708020
Just google it. Halo 5 was also the highest grossing halo game and has brought in nearly 800 million total. Microsoft is way better with their marketing and contracts than Nintendo ever has been. Their mega locks, hasbro, nerf and other similar contracts have been massively profitable. As have the halo 5 "reqs". They've also made nearly 8 billion from minecraft alone since purchasing it for similar reasons.
>>
>>378708562
Try telling sonygge rs that. How long did it take the PS3 to sell that much? About 7 years.
>>
File: ho.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
ho.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>microsoft pulls out of console making
>EA & Ubisoft jump in
post yfw
>>
>>378709490
It's also tarnished their brand a bit. You'd have thought their initial plans for the Xbone would have done more damage but normies and their brand loyalty.

If Nintendo and Sony had more big crowd pleasing exclusives out there then it'd throw M$'s piss poor offerings into even worse light.

If they're smart they're gonna go hard this year and have a lot of new exclusives to throw behind Scorpio
>>
>>378710147
If the leakers are anything to go by, it's gonna be a really neat showing desu
>>
File: firewatch-turtlejpg-0d7c1e_1280w.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
firewatch-turtlejpg-0d7c1e_1280w.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
>>378709980
>>
>>378709980

Neither of those companies are even close to having enough resources to do that
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.