[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be glorious master race of philosopher kings >form alliance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

File: stellaris.jpg (132KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
stellaris.jpg
132KB, 1920x818px
>Be glorious master race of philosopher kings
>form alliance with two other spiritualist monarchies
>together we occupy half the galaxy
>inferior materialist slaves as far as the eye can see building our colonies and dying in our wars
>suddenly inter-dimensional demons warp in and start fucking everyone's shit up
>a crusade is called by order of the space pope
>massive fleet of holy warriors pursuing an equally massive demonic horde through the cosmic void
>end up in some uncharted sector at the edge of the known universe
>port in to the final battle
>there's four fucking fleets of crystal aliens along with a citadel waiting for us
>almost everything dead after the resulting battle, all three fleets down to less than half a dozen shitters
>a fallen empire from some forgotten star system marches their entire decked out fleet of battleships and cruisers straight into the heart of our empire
>half a dozen planets fall before we can even begin to mount a defence
>punch through my monitor and start a new campaign

Fuck this game is amazing
>>
What's the best way to learn how to play this game?

I've played a ton of Civ but for some reason this just ain't clicking for me.
>>
>>378701950
>start game
>turn tutorial on
>>
File: 1376367066789.png (127KB, 257x250px) Image search: [Google]
1376367066789.png
127KB, 257x250px
>>378701950
Just don't.

it's incredibly shallow (a race of all-devouring swarm plays exactly the same as a race of peace-loving moths). The replayability, hence, is zero. There are no gameplay differences betweeen generated maps (unlike Civ), and the game just generally feels empty.

I got into it because I saw early screenshots of race customization, but when i got into the game it turned out that there are no consequences to your decisions. It's just that BAD

1/10
>>
>>378701950
Watching some people on youtube play through the first hour or two of the game was really helpful (for me at least). The in-game tutorial is pretty good as well, just be prepared to abandon that game to start a real one the second that you're through with the tutorial quests.

It's a really fun game once you get into it, doubly so if you're willing to RP your race.

>>378702764
Literally none of this is true, so you just didn't play the game or?
>>
>>378702764
>pacifists can't even declare wars
>plays the same

If you're talking about back at release then yeah it was awful but it's been improved a lot
>>
File: 1496235761407.jpg (102KB, 605x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1496235761407.jpg
102KB, 605x1140px
>>378700639
>be european
>devs hate you
>>
>>378704226
Why exactly did they remove that mod? didn't just add more portraits for white characters?
>>
>>378704424
If you mean the white only mod from way back they claim it was because the author was needlessly spouting alt right nonsense in the description and comments

I definitely remember some of that but nobody's ever posted proof since it's taken down so my word is all I've really got
>>
File: hivemind.jpg (135KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
hivemind.jpg
135KB, 800x450px
>>378700639
>anything but 100% synthetic hive mind
>master race

Nice try meat monkey
>>
>>378705173
>not taking the path of Genetic Ascension and create the perfect subspecies for each purpose
>not doing Psionic Ascension on top of that
>not building Ring Worlds for your perfect race of super Psionics
It's like you're playing the game completely wrong.
>>
>>378704226
>>378704424
>>378704670
fucks sake, every single fucking thread...fuck you nazi pieces of shit dickless cucks.
>>
>>378705849
How do you get that many perks? That's like 8 and they all require techs.
>>
>>378701950
it's pretty simple compared to their other grand strategy games which are just insanely filled with stuff to worry about
>>
Old and busted
Endless Space 2 is new hotness
>>
It's somehow better than Endless Space 2 and that's just astounding
>>
>>378706435
It's 6 perks. The Tech shouldn't be a problem, but to be sure you can get the Civic that gives you +1 Tech Option. The limiting factor is going to be Unity, but you can get a pretty decent output. Make sure to buy 5 Art Monuments from the Artisan Troupe as they give 10 Unity each. Pacifist can give you a pretty significant bonus to Unity. It's not going to be possible to achieve all of these until mid/endgame, but it's perfectly possible.
>>
>>378700639
i always get wrecked by fallen empires or endgame events and restart after trying to recover

i have hundreds of hours into it. im usually really fucking shitty at games like this save for civilization, and this is closer to civ than anything else really
>>
>>378702764
Are you seriously saying that Stellaris has less depth than Civ? Civ is the most boring series I've played in my entire life.
>>
>>378707007
I really want to like ES2 but it's just...boring.

I think after tons of EU4 and CK2 I've just grown out of traditional 4x stuff, Stellaris's GS elements are probably the only thing keeping me on it.
>>
>Need to buy at least $20 of DLC to make the endgame playable

No thanks Shilladox
>>
When the fuck are they going to add more content? Leviathan and Utopia aren't enough. And when the fuck are Planet Killers and Titans getting put into the game?
>>
I had an all right time with it, but I realized I was just waiting for stuff to happen and making things boring by RP-ing a non-warmongering race. There just isn't enough interesting content and decision-making to keep me playing right now.

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCddANybN_0
>>
What's the best way to build ships
>>
File: 1486139175203.gif (717KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1486139175203.gif
717KB, 400x225px
Anyone know if Utopia is worth it?
>>
>>378708215

Civ V has more mid-game/late-game depth. The addition of ideologies and world congress gives you something new past the midgame.
>>
>>378711005
Pretty sure naked corvettes aren't as OP anymore, but it's still hilariously viable
>>
>>378711176

Honestly I just bought Utopia because I couldn't stand the very very obvious DLC shilling in the vanilla game. Like the blank spot where the ascension perks are supposed to be and the mention of megastructures and other crap in the tech tree when you can't build any.

Maximum Jew devs.
>>
File: SEELE_Logo_(NGE).png (198KB, 820x680px) Image search: [Google]
SEELE_Logo_(NGE).png
198KB, 820x680px
>Conquer most of the galaxy as a collectivist psionic race
>Make a pact with the End of the Cycle
>Use your godlike abilities to conquer what's left of the galaxy
>When the Reckoning comes, all sentient life will be consumed by the End, becoming a single psionic entity
>What little remains will be consumed by this new perfect being
>Galactic Instrumentality achieved
I want to do this.
>>
>>378711568
When I played civ 5 it was literally just put everything in research and don't interact with anyone until you win space age
>>
>>378711142
I'm assuming you mean weapon loadouts

Start with kinetics and put autocannons on EVERYTHING. Destroyers should be your only ship with large weapons give them kinetic artillery when you get it. Cruisers should have some point defense and med small weapons. Don't worry about building battleships unless you have nothing else to do. Once battleships become common in opposing fleets start phasing out your autocannons for plasma.

Your main tactics should be warp traps or catching fleets on the edge of gravity wells. This will get you through 90% of battles relatively unscathed
>>
>>378712168

All 4x games have a problem with a certain path being the most optimal way to win the game every time.
>>
>>378712138
see, that's the kind of thing that would make this game a lot more interesting to me - play up the crazy & spooky elements/possibilities of sci fi and add more meaningful elements to the "space sim" side of the game
>>
>Make uber stronk military empire empire through console commands
>Have ISBS Planet Killer, full Sentry Array, and a Dyson Sphere, with ships able to jump a quarter of the galaxy in half a second, while the other Empires barely have five standard corvettes
>Decide these guys are going to be colossal nutbags for once, and go on a planet eating spree enslaving four empires in the span of five minutes
>Older Elf Pacifist race I made awhile back is among the other Empires not dead
>Decide to make them my prime Slaves, and as such declare war
>"B-but why?"

I couldn't do it. Damn Pacifists getting all dewy eyed and trusting. No way I could enslave them.
>>
>>378714097
The question isn't "am I a moralfag?", it's "is my race moralfag?"
>>
File: Ur-Quan.gif (84KB, 485x213px) Image search: [Google]
Ur-Quan.gif
84KB, 485x213px
>>378714097
Weeeeaaaaak
>>
The last turn based strategy game I played was civ 4 a decade ago.

Should I get this? Should I fall for the shilling?
>>
>>378701950
Crash and burn and try again

Its not that complicated, but it is lots of fun

And its only bloody $12 at the moment on humble
>>
>>378714832
>>378714887
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly
>>
>>378714441
>>378714474
>Lord Emperor Gorthod the Immortal, Commander of the Ragnarok, Devourer of a Thousand Planets, He who makes the ground quake with his Steps, the Architect of Worlds, Wielder of the Mutation Plague, Crusher of Bone and Soul alike
>Is sitting beside Princess Hildalily of the Fae Consortium at her weekly tea party, unsure of how he got there from his original intent to enslave her people, take her as a bride, and scour their planets of life
>She makes very good tea
>>
>>378714987
>she makes very good tea

Kek
>>
>>378711903
You obviously got Paradoxed
>>
File: 1496284613280.png (821KB, 594x588px) Image search: [Google]
1496284613280.png
821KB, 594x588px
>>378706171
FUCKING RUSSIAN HACKER NAZI DRUMPF VOTING TWO SCOOP TAKING SHITLORDS
>>
>>378700639
How much of this actually takes place in the game please god tell me its most
>>
>>378715653
This is not an exaggeration, but its also easy for you to make the game really boring.
I am experiencing this problem
help
>>
>>378715653
It's all possible. All of it. Probability can be a bitch here, but it's still quite possible.
>>
>>378713294
What he's describing is in game
>>
>>378715345

Why are /pol/tards so easily triggered?
>>
>>378716013
Cuck cuck cuck cuxk cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck
>>
>hyperadaptable race of hivemind mushmen
>quickly spreads across the ring galaxy colonizing any planet that can remotely house them
>grabbing up all avialble energy and minerals to fuel the takeover of everything
>run into a black hole
>some giant super computer is studying it and calls upon the lone researcher for help unlocking its secrets
>send them in lieu of researching habitable planets
>literal centuries pass
>the rapid expansion had slowed down in favor of scientific advancement
>the supercomputer makes a breakthrough and enters the black hole
>it explodes and shrinks, revealing an event horizon with cumulative research possibilities tens of times larger than any source encountered thus far
>propels the initially dumb mushmen towards sciences no one else had even dreamed of yet
>accidentally awaken an interdimensional evil that wipes everything out
>still count it as a victory
>>
>Be f xenophobe and millitarist but not fanatical purifiers, just keeping the option open if shit hit the fan
>Start in the outer rim of the galaxy, plenty of space.
>Eventually meet a rather large empire. They fuckign hate me and declare war shortly after
>Can't truly take control of their planet in the war due to system cap and distance (and don,t want their filthy xeno in my empire anyway), could cleanse but literally everyone else would try to gun me down, so i elect to just Liberate the shit out of their better planets, to cripple them long term
>Win the war due to much better ships and technology. Cruiser ruining his large but shitty corvettes fleet
>All the planet I liberated are fanatic purifiers

And that's how i replayed the iraq war and created space ISIS
>>
>>378711176
It's good
>>
>>378711176
>Build Megastructures like Niven Rings and Dyson Spheres
>A bunch of mid-to-late game perks
>Deeper genetic modification. Can breed nerve-stapled slaves/tasty livestock race
>Cybernetic ascension can turn your race into sentient machines
>Psionic ascension lets you make pacts with the Chaos Gods
>End of the Cycle pact lets you reenact the Fall of the Eldar
Good shit
>>
File: 1378877798224.jpg (583KB, 1004x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1378877798224.jpg
583KB, 1004x1000px
>>378702764
>>
>>378715940
What about the space pope? I've played a few games and I know there are religiously-based governments, but I don't think the game actually fleshes out any religions.
>>
>>378717589
>but I don't think the game actually fleshes out any religions.

This is a problem. There's no actual space religion mechanics in the game. All the religion stuff is basically fluff.
>>
>>378700639
You got to assimilate those Fallen Empires mang.

Also
>Devouring Hive Mind
>Find some cactus people, eat them
>Get genetic tech
>Begin devouring Fallen Empires
>Merge them with the hive mind
>Eat some more cactus people
>Get +200 everything
>Steam roll some hippy alliance while also fucking up the unbidden
>Eat more cactus people
>>
>>378716513
Balkanizing enemy empires is hilariously effective in general. Sometimes I don't even bother trying to vassalize or federate liberated empires and just watch that whole region descend into chaos; like putting two scorpions in a box and shaking it. One time the liberated government fought another liberation war so there were three tiny empires squabbling over the same space.
>>
>>378705173
You can't be synthetic and hive mind. Retard.
>>
When are they adding silicoid races?
>>
>>378700639
Before the patch I had some deviant pops so I enslaved them, this started a chain of emancipation factions and other pops started getting uppity, so I change my slavery to regulated and enslave all of them, and they became happier! I enslaved my problems away, I miss regulated slavery.
>>
>>378718796
The current game is so much better but part of me still misses spiritualist/collectivist empires with slaves happier than free pops
>>
>>378719064
I miss OP battleships with aura slots. Just slot a couple of raw tank battleships with those in and you've got a huge force multiplier that stall out enemy battleships for cheap.
>>
So I want to bombard the enemy planet but for some reason the game won't let me, it says something about how my stance on orbital bombardment won't let me, but my stance is at Armageddon, is there anything else I need to do?
>>
>>378719495
make sure you set it manually in the policies menu, since I don't believe it starts out that way
>>
>>378719605
I just said that my stance was set to "Armageddon"
>>
>>378716013

>faggot gets triggered by /pol/ rhetoric
>says something faggy because leftists are losing the culture war
>studly /pol/lack fights shit with shit
>HURRR WHY AM PAUL SO TRIGGURD
>>
File: tumblr_mxvxz24RnA1s5ogpdo1_500.jpg (95KB, 479x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxvxz24RnA1s5ogpdo1_500.jpg
95KB, 479x750px
>>378719760
Don't you have a subreddit to crawl back to?
>>
File: 1459315188880.jpg (39KB, 420x424px) Image search: [Google]
1459315188880.jpg
39KB, 420x424px
>>378719827

>he says with an image titled tumblr_mxvxz24RnA1s5ogpdo1_500.jpg
>>
>>378702764

he's right. people that like this shit have never played moo2 or anything like it.
>>
>>378719682
Is your fleet set to armageddon?
>>
>>378719946
>implying he doesn't do that to bait people who give a shit
lurk moar redditfag
>>
File: 1493815024446.jpg (214KB, 764x665px) Image search: [Google]
1493815024446.jpg
214KB, 764x665px
>>378719946
>Mfw I'm on a tablet and /pol/The_Donald still gets triggered by Google images
>>
Fanatics and Unbidden are fucking the galaxy at both ends and my empire, the third strongest in the galaxy, is caught in the middle.
How dead am I?
>>
>>378720015
I have to manually set policies on my fleets?
>>
>>378720140
Kind of, you have to clarify how you want your fleet to perform. It's next to the attitude button, you have to click it until it's armageddon.
>>
>>378720140
Yes. To ensure that you bomb those faggot plants just a little less than those faggot lizards.
>>378720138
Make them kiss, then weaponize the offspring.
>>
>>378719984
completely different games tbhfamalam
>>
>>378720138

Depends. Unbidden are easy to deal with if you know the composition needed.

Just raw battleships with arty/mega cannons, maybe cruiser to soak the shots but those brave men WILL die for certain
Once you reach a certain point you can take whole fleet of unbidden with basically no loss.
>>
>>378721137
Or you could spam neutron torpedoes since they're all shields and no armor
>>
Are there space vampires?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (400KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
400KB, 1920x1080px
>>378722591
Are these Nosferatu looking motherfuckers close enough?

You could make conquered xenos livestock I guess
>>
Does anyone else have a problem with how most of the aliens are just humans with Earth animal heads? 90% are Anubis tier.
>>
>>378721562
Neutron torpedoes put you in their range. Arty and Mega (especially with a Cautious admiral) Ensure that you pepper them before they can hurt you. At around 60k force you can kill the basic 60k fleet losing almost nothing. At 100k you can take multiple fleets with barely any downtime. The only risk is if they get right on top of you, but then you fucked up already
>>
>>378705849
But anon, Genetic Ascension and Psionic Ascension are mutually exclusive.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.