[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For what reasons would you join legion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: Legion_end_slide_01.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Legion_end_slide_01.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Other than being an edgy degenerate
>>
Well I imagine there's a lot of perks being one of the top legionaires. You probably get unlimited females to breed with and spread your glorious seed and get access to auto-docs unlike the rank and file.
>>
File: 1496272637416.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496272637416.png
1MB, 800x800px
>he didn't put satchel charge in the soldiers helmet

funniest way to finish arizona killer
>>
>>378696157
Arizona Killer is a pretty fun quest.
>>
>>378696157

make the medicine dream of cure the cancer.
>>
>>378696157
you don't join the legion
you're conscripted
>>
>degenerates
>joining the legion
nice try profligate, but nobody's buying it
>>
Outside of evil runs, the biggest allure of a Legion run is roleplaying a Lawful Asshole character. Go in with the mindset that every single criminal in the world is literal scum and that everyone who doesn't play their role in society is scum as well. Acting as someone infiltrating a corrupt society for your Faux Roman overlord for ultimate security and control.
>>
Caesar pays you more than NCR or House do

You don't even "join" the Legion, you're a freelancing mercenary from start to finish
>>
>>378696157
Its not like I wanted any quests or companions.
>>
>>378699463
>nothing happens with NCR until you fail Don't Tread on the Bear
>only Arcade and Boone object to positive Legion rep
Wow, so much missing content in a Legion run
>>
>>378699274
By the time they take over you're probably considered one of them. Why would they mint a coin otherwise. A real freelance merc probably wouldn't piss off the NCR too bad cause there's alot of money involved in their territory
>>
>>378700717
They might like and respect you a great deal for everything you've done but at the end of the day you're still a free agent who can walk away to do whatever you like

The payment in Caesar's Hire/Favor is Legion coin and items that the Legion has forbidden or has no use for. And if at any point you say you're not working for him anymore, Caesar just tells you to fuck off instead of trying to force some kind of claim to your services
>>
>>378698327
and melee character
>>
File: fuck_ncr.png (39KB, 379x418px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_ncr.png
39KB, 379x418px
>>
What would the DnD alignments of each faction be? Like going Yes Man/Independent would be Chaotic Neutral, etc.
>>
>>378696157
the achievements
>>
>>378702259
Yes Man can kind of be anything. You can use diplomacy or just wipe out every group
>>
>>378702452
That sounds like the definition of Chaotic Neutral to me since you're basically acting in your own interest but with no real limits on what you're willing to do other than what you as a character are willing to do. I suppose the same could be said of other alignments, though.
>>
File: 1464295950560.png (7KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464295950560.png
7KB, 200x300px
>>378702259
NCR: Lawful Neutral
Legion: Lawful Evil
House: Lawful Neutral
Followers: Chaotic Good
Kings: Chaotic Neutral
Boomers: Chaotic Neutral
BoS: Lawful Neutral
Khans: Neutral Evil
>>
>>378696157
>the NCR's economy is in such shit shape after getting their gold reserves BTFO by the Brotherhood of Steel that their own president has to shill for the NCRIDF because they can't afford to hire anyone
You can't make this shit up!
>>
So you can be the first person with a sub-70 I.Q. to cure brain cancer and prove that you really could reproduce Shakespeare with enough Monkeys and Typwriters.
>>
>>378703056
>Followers: Chaotic Good
They are Lawful Stupid
>>
>>378702259
Official factions -
Goodsprings: NG
Powder Gangers: NE
Primm: TN
NCR: LN
Legion: LE
Novac: TN
Followers: NG
Khans: NE
Freeside: CN
Strip: LN
Boomers: CN
BoS: LE

Unofficial factions -
House: TN
Fiends: CE
Jackals/Vipers: NE
Van Graffs: LE
Jacobstown: LN
Black Mountain: CE
Westside: TN
The Thorn: CN
>>
>>378703683
The Followers aren't Lawful anything. They're doctors and teachers who take "First, do no harm" and the idea that knowledge is for everybody a little too far. NCR considers them anarchists because they speak out against government policy and do their best to provide teaching and medical aid to anyone they can, including groups like the Khans
>>
>>378696157
Because /pol/tards, aka "slavery is not as bad as corruption, therefore legion>NCR"
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
>>378696157
>thought about siding with the legion since it's the only faction I never sided with
>seemsgood should be fun
>NCR Ranger armor flashes in my head
>I won't be able to use it if I side with the legion
>nevermind
>>
>>378704103
Companions (plus potential post-quest alignment) -
ED-E/Rex: TN
Cass: NG -> CG
Boone: TN -> CN
Veronica: CG -> NG
Arcade: LG -> CG (or vice versa, he's interesting)
Lily: CN
Raul TN -> CG

Christine: LN
Dog: CN -> TN
God: LE -> TN
Dean: NE

Follows-Chalk: NG
Waking Cloud: CG
>>
>>378704756
>take it off before travelling to the Fort
>use a mod that removes the hostile faction response from disguises
>problem solved
>>
>>378699875
Arcade and Boone are the best companions though.
>>
>>378704913
But that would ruin the roleplay desu, instead I would have to wear cavemen clothes and throw spears around instead of using actual guns
>>
>>378704756
Just use Randall Clark's armor from Honest Hearts or the riot gear from Lonesome Road.
>>378705056
You're not actually in the Legion, you are pretty much a mercenary so you can still use whatever you want to.
>not doing an unarmed run
>>
>>378704971
The best companion is nobody
>>
>>378696479
why not just join house for a cushy position
>>
>>378706251
Ulysses isn't a companion in vanilla FNV.
>>
>>378704756
There's a non-faction version in one of the dlcs
>>
>>378696157
Aesthetics and the opportunity to get loads of actually usable equipment from all the NCR aligned characters who you'll probably end up killing.
Legion fags have barely worthwhile loot, but NCR soldiers have all kinds of goodies on them.

Still the legion kind of sux overall so it's not worth bothering unless you want to RP.
>>
Do people still not understand the concepts of post-conventional morality, hegellian dialectics, and post-nihilism? Seriously? Really guys?
>>
>>378707372
Do you?
>>
File: cl.png (271KB, 383x812px) Image search: [Google]
cl.png
271KB, 383x812px
>>378696157
Who is gonna take over after Caesar dies? Lanius? Too harsh. Vulpes? Too autistic. Lucius? Again too old.

The courier is strong, smart, healthy, respected, and powerful. You can be the Augustus to Caesar's Julius.
>>
>>378707578
We're post-understanding on this website, buddy
>>
>>378708176
>strong, smart, healthy
Maybe your Courier was
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.