[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled: which Batman: Arkham game is the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: AAWallpaper9.jpg (70KB, 670x419px) Image search: [Google]
AAWallpaper9.jpg
70KB, 670x419px
Now that the dust has settled: which Batman: Arkham game is the best?
>>
City. Origin was more of the same and Knight was just a mess. Asylum was great, but City just built on it in all the ways a sequel should.
>>
City > Asylum > Knight
No opinion on Origins, haven't played it, hear it's forgettable.
>>
Knight for graphics, gameplay, and scale. Asylum for atmosphere. Origins for comfiness
>>
I recently bought a PS4 - should I get Knight first, or the Asylum / City package?
>>
Knight could have been the ultimate super hero game...
>>
>>378691298
City is objectively the best, after that it's like this in my opinion

Knight > Asylum >Origins
>>
Everything after Asylum was a shitty sandbox
>>
>>378691298
Asylum is definitely my favorite. The series should've stayed a Metroidvania instead of going the open world route.
>>
>>378693693
You don't know what sandbox means
>>
>>378691782
Might as well play through the story from the beginning.
You can skip Origins.
>>
>>378691298
I got into the series at the beginning, played all the games and I honestly like Knight the most. City and AA are probably better games but still
>>
>>378691298
the one that's not a shitty tank sim
>>
>>378691298
2nd one
>>
>>378691526
Cold Cold Heart is great and one of the best Arkham experiences. Its worth getting Origins just for that. Origins itself is alright, but unremarkable.
>>
origins for the story. almost all of the games play the same anyways, story is all left
>>
>>378691450
Fpbp
>>
Arkham Knight is 25 dollars now, is it still worth a try? I've heard people say it's either the best or the worst, not so much inbetween.
>>
>>378696485
you can get knight way cheaper. i got the base game and season pass from bundlestars for about 12 bucks a couple months ago. it starts as a good game but the batmobile shit gets so fucking old and they set up side villians like pyg only for the encounter to be a shitty qte event.
>>
All I know is that Origin is fucking dog shit and unquestionably the worst.
>>
>>378691782
>buying the "HD" re-release
Kill yourself.
>>
>>378697027
Why? I've only heard positive things.
>>
>>378696973
This is what shit taste looks like.
>>
>>378691298
I can't actually remember why but I didn't like City as much as Asylum, maybe it was the open world, I don't remember.
>>
>>378694990
Huh, I'll look into it.
>>
>>378697157
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD3WuAZC0GU
>>
>>378691298
Asylum has City beat for atmosphere and, I guess, World Design.
City is better gameplay and storywise.
>>
>>378697969
Wow, it's fucking nothing
>>
What's the problem with Knight? I played Asylum on release and Knight when it was on sale recently and they both seemed like pretty good games.
>>
>>378698386
Character models look much worse. Lighting is off. Motion blur in cutscenes for no reason.

Go ahead and waste you money on the inferior versions of the games, faggot. I'm not your mother.
>>
>>378697969
There's not really much of an appreciable difference.
>>
The combat in City was so much more fluid. Made the challenges actually fun to beat.
>>
>>378698606
OK, looks fine. More talking about gameplay if anyone can chip in about that
>>
>>378698556
>What's the problem with Knight?
batmobile overkill
>>
>>378699373
I liked its use in a few puzzles and the tank combat was satisfying even if it was ridiculously simplistic, kind of like the melee combat.
>>
>>378699373
I'd say that's the least of it... and to be honest there were some cool puzzle segments with the batmobile. The only really boring parts were the tank segments.

>extremely disappointing side quests that were lackluster
>rehashed story even though developers promised it would be all new
>Each DLC could be played through in 15 minutes.
>100 percenting the game required just to see a real ending and not some bullshit, even then it was still garbage.
>>
File: adzyQ.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
adzyQ.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
Knight would have been 100x better than City if the story hadn't been pants on head retarded and they cut out about half of the required Batmobile sections.

Batman carried out the wrong person
>>
>>378692091
But instead its the ultimate Batmobile game!
>>
Knight > City > Asylum > Origins

All of them are almost as good, only some minor things make the difference.
>>
City > Origins >Knight > Asylum

This is not a "good to shitty" ranking by any means. I don't hate Asylum, but there was more memorable experiences in the other games.
If Origins had smoother combat and better skins/unlockables, then that would be my number 1 pick.
>>
>>378691526
>>378694990

Origins is good if you look at it as dlc for Arkham City.

Stuff like Cold Cold Heart makes me think the Arkham games would actually be a good episodic game.
>>
>>378694513

If not for the gameplay improvements from Asylum to City to Knight, this would be really hard, but Knight is the best. Even though bosses were a joke, the feeling of taking the city back from the militia was the feeling of the Batmans
>>
Currently running through all the games in sequence.

So far, Knight > City > Asylum > Actual Rotting Garbage > Origins.

I haven't finished Knight yet, so this is tentative, but it just feels like a better version of City. It's beautiful, it's fun, I enjoy the characters, and honestly I like using the batmobile. It controls well with a controller and it's a good change of pace.

I just wish the Grapnel Boost didn't make it the worse option for traveling.
>>
I forgot how much I enjoyed the batman games. I take it knight got patched into at least playable then? Was a shit show at launch.
>>
City > Knight > Asylum > Origins
However Origins does have the best DLC in the series, Cold Cold Heart.
>>
>>378703592
I didn't play the game during the supposed shitshow (someone explain what happened to me), but so far it has run very well for me.
>>
>>378691298
Knight or City
both are great

Asylum is kinda dated, and Origins is a bit of rehash
>>
>>378691298
Asylum is the objective answer
>>
File: AKMr.Freeze.png (1MB, 1175x1097px) Image search: [Google]
AKMr.Freeze.png
1MB, 1175x1097px
>one of the best bosses of all time in City
>relegated to a DLC that ends with ANOTHER FUCKING TANK BATTLE in Knight
holy fuck I'm mad
>>
Knight has the best gameplay of being Batman but half the game isn't even being Batman

City has the best bosses in the form of the only two bosses in the series that aren't shit

Asylum was good but this is one of the few series where apart from that freecombat shit the gameplay has continued to get better

Origins is just fine
>>
File: 1418680214623.gif (3MB, 350x235px) Image search: [Google]
1418680214623.gif
3MB, 350x235px
>>378704279

It was limited to 30fps, had frame drops whenever heavy particle effects were used or you played for longer then a half hour. Also want to say that you couldn't set graphics above medium, but I could be misremembering.

Game runs great for me now, season of infamy dlc was a welcome addition (but fuck that lack of Freeze fight) and

>tfw you make a copy of your 100% run so you can play through New Game Plus whenever you want and never have to worry about Riddler trophies again
>>
>>378701804

>Stuff like Cold Cold Heart makes me think the Arkham games would actually be a good episodic game.

True, and specially true for Origins, because the open world was shit, but the indoor levels were great.
>>
>>378699213
Gameplay is 1to1 the same.
>>
>>378691298
So did he bang Natalia
>>
i honestly don't get people who like Origins
it's just so poorly made amateur hour game
it's inexcusable that they had to get CIty's assets then add snow. You guys praise the boss fights but it's just reskinned City bosses.
>>
>>378706175

Because it's more story and situations to go through as Batman. I understand why some people aren't into that, but I totally dig it.
>>
>>378707074
it was bugged to fuck at launch, that's why I dropped it, anyway
>>
>>378707074
You don't play Batman though. He doesn't act like Batman, he doesn't sound like Batman, hell he doesn't even LOOK like Batman.
>>
>>378707074
doesn't even feel like playing batman because it's bugged as fuck
>>
I never get the appeal of Asylum games, I only played the first one.

>easy as fuck puzzles
>2 button combat
>boss with no depths
>tiny levels
>typical TPS "hiding behind waist high walls and kicking in a hundred grates" stealth

the only good things I can say about this games is that it portray askham asylum very well and did a good job showing how "badass" batman is when he isn't forcibly weakened by plot devices.
>>
>>378708116

Not every game has to be hard to be good. Think of it like a Zelda game and not like Ninja Gaiden. The appeal is the feeling of adventure and being the Batman.
>>
>>378703592
Just play it on console dude
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.