[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to buy this game. Am I making the right choice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Mon_hun.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mon_hun.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
It'll be my first Monster Hunter and I'll probably play offline and alone. Will it be any fun? How long does it take to beat it?
>>
>>378685438
what system? If it's Wii U, go for it, but if it's 3ds, get 4U instead, it's a bit more beginner friendly.

offline singleplayer mode is pretty fun, and you can solo the online stuff if your dedicated enough (monsters have inflated health in the online missions to account for more people). Main singleplayer story in either will take about 30 or so hours and if you like it after that, a few hundred hours is generally what people sink into their first monhun.

It's a slow starting game though, be prepared, your first few hours will be learning the ropes of gathering and fighting smaller stuff before you get to the real meat and bones of good battles. Mon Hun's good shit.
>>
Don't play this fucking garbage ass mmo wannabe "game"
>>
>>378685794
I'll get it on Wii U. I was thinking of hacking my 3ds to play 4U, but after playing the demo I think It would be better to wait for an emulator version. Not because the game is bad, but because I can't see myself playing it on 3ds, the camera is just too bad to control.
>>
File: 1495866904947[1].jpg (126KB, 907x461px) Image search: [Google]
1495866904947[1].jpg
126KB, 907x461px
>>378685438
MH is always fun, 3rd gen is not a bad starting point, if you are going to do it alone I will warn you, the game will only keep getting harder and harder, starting at HR you will feel the pressure, hope you can go all the way to G rank.

Regardless of that, have fun.
>>
>>378685438
Any reason you're not willing to go online with it?
>>
>>378687159
Maybe he wants to git gud the hard way.
>>
>>378687159
I don't think the Wii U version has online, does it? If it does, then I might play online, although I don't think there would be much people playing it these days.
>>
>>378687408
If I solo something on g rank once, I can do it again. Playing with other people is fun and adds an element of unpredictability. Some fights can almost be harder with two people than with one.

>>378687413
I thought it did, I don't own it though. You might be surprised, monhun has a fairly dedicated fanbase.
>>
>>378687413
the wii u version is the only 3U version with online
>>
>>378687026
Personally, I'd play 4U with the shittier controls, mainly because of some of the monster hitbox bullshit and 3U really likes underwater hunting while there's none in 4U. 4U just has more stuff to fight/do in general. You can buy a Horipad attachment for your 3ds if you really can't handle the camera.
>>
>underwater hunting
>>
Having never played any Monster Hunter, should I consider getting the one on Switch when it is released?
>>
>>378690054
if it comes to the US, it won't be for another year or so after it's released in japan, but if you know a bit of nip, it's a pretty easy series to get into, even if you don't know anything, there's a lot of guides out there and gameplay isn't really language dependent.
>>
>>378690390
Monster Hunter generally releases on Saturdays, but this one will be releasing on a Friday, which is the day that most worldwide releases on the Switch happens.

The chances of this game releasing simultaneously in the West on 8/25 are pretty big.
>>
File: 1447982612860.jpg (26KB, 491x404px) Image search: [Google]
1447982612860.jpg
26KB, 491x404px
>>378691271
you're a pretty funny guy, anon
>>
>>378688817
This is how you spot a casual, they always whine about underwater combat
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.