[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final fantasy VIIre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: CEWqX7TpNuvmgpRCouxoGW.jpg (2MB, 1924x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CEWqX7TpNuvmgpRCouxoGW.jpg
2MB, 1924x1080px
When can we reasonably expect this game to come out in full?
>>
>>378676767
>started development 2 years ago for Part 1 out of 3
>Is supposed to come out within 3 years (worst case scenario 3 years, best case scenario 1 year, let's assume worst case)
>next parts always take less time since core work is already done (see FF13 Trilogy) so let's say 2 years each for next parts
That makes it 7 years assuming worst case scenario.
7 years for FF7, seems fitting.
>>
>>378676767
Here's a few ideas on how it might be released

>It's 2 parts, part 1 next year or 2019 with the second part a year or two later
>It's 3 parts, one a year starting next year or 2019
>It's 3 parts, part 1 2018, part 2 a year and a half later, part 3 a year later

>>378677283
autism
>>
>>378677395
They said they're using FF13 model for it so it's basically guaranteed it will be trilogy.
Trilogies are also the most popular format for vidya nowadays and a safe bet.

>autism
God forbid I'm reasonable about this, faggot.
>>
File: Curoudo.png (777KB, 1062x928px) Image search: [Google]
Curoudo.png
777KB, 1062x928px
>>378677283
Part 2 and 3 I imagine will take less time to develop, considering the bulk of the assets are already there and the fighting system is already finalized. At best, they would have to make some new assets for the unique areas of the game and maybe tweak the combat system a bit to keep things interesting and ramp up the spectacle and theatrics to the fighting.
>>
>>378677837
Did you even read what I said?
I said 2 years each, compared to 5 years for Part 1.
FF13 took about 5 years to make as well with 2 years each for 13-2 and LR respectively.
>>
>>378677530
You're not going to see massive shifts in gameplay like FFXIII to LR and it's going to be reusing more assets too. The second half of FFVII is retreading previously visited locations. Then there's the fact that they'll have no delay in production because they have the original game to go off instead of coming up with completely new concepts.

Not only that but they said it's going to differ from the FFXIII trilogy by being a single continuing story throughout the parts instead of "showing the story from different angles".

7 years is pure autism.
>>
>>378677530
The original was spread to 3 disks, right? Man I miss the days of publishers giving us entire buffet platters of content to pay for hours instead of milking is for every nostalgia buck they can.
>>
They said it would be out in at least 3
Years, so in reality it will probably be more like
10 years
>>
>>378678394
content-wise each part is going to be equivalent to a mainline FF
>>
>>378677929
13-2 was built in 80% out of cut content from FF13 and they said so themselves, explicitly. And it still took 2 years to make while reusing all those assets and combat system.
I'd like to have your optimism for yearly releases but it's not gonna happen, it's fucking Square Enix.

Furthermore I expect KH3 next year so no FF7R because it would canibalize KH3 sales and vice versa, so if any of them comes out next year, it's only going to be one of them.
>>
>>378678462
No, they didn't say "at least 3".
They said both KH3 and FF7R Part 1 will definitely be up within 3 years max.
Which means it can be 3 at worst for both to come out but not more.
>>
>>378678513
If that is so, I can see why they are revising the script. I just hope it's not a hallway like XIII.
>>
File: slide.jpg (162KB, 958x665px) Image search: [Google]
slide.jpg
162KB, 958x665px
>>378678748
No it doesn't, they said 3 years max alongside this slide. They plan on releasing 1-2 a year. If not KH3 or FFVII next year, then what is their blockbuster release going to be?
>>
who cares

anybody who liked the original isn't going to buy this new hunk of shit, much like we haven't bought from Square since the namesake of the series was ruined with Final Fantasy XI.
>>
File: pain.png (472KB, 628x705px) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
472KB, 628x705px
>>378678883
Sorry anon SE already has me by the balls
>>
>>378678870
MCU game and KH3 next year I assume since they're different enough not to canibalize eachother. I doubt we'll see FF7R Part 1 simply because they only NOW went into full overdrive with development.
>>
>>378678748
Why the fuck is it taking so long for kingdom hearts 3 to come out? Is this just the new dev cycle for games? Spend at least 5 years bullshitting your family before giving an accurate release date?
>>
>>378678973
Why? It's going to be gutted. Already confirmed that many elements are changing and different characters are being injected into the story.
>>
>>378679075
Nomura was spread too thin over too many projects.
>>
>>378678883
>Anybody who liked the original isn't going to buy this new hunk of shit
Hahahahahahahahah
>>
File: VIICC_Cissnei.jpg (76KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
VIICC_Cissnei.jpg
76KB, 960x544px
>>378679095
>Already confirmed that many elements are changing and different characters are being injected into the story.

But Nomura explicitly said "no new characters."

Which I'm kind of bummed about, I was kind of hoping pic related might make a cameo, or play a role in general. She was the only character added by the Compilation that I actually liked.

Anyway, I loved the original, but unlike people that didn't play the game, I understand that A. A lot of the things that made it so well-loved by the west were actually quirks added by the localization team, meaning that most people that played it in english didn't ACTUALLY appreciate the original wholesale, but merely a modified version of it, which is fine, and I hope the localization team for the Remake understands that to some degree, they don't need to translate the Japanese dialogue and intent word for word. FFXV did a decent job of localizing the story and characters. and B. FFVII was a good, but also flawed game. The idea of people getting angry about them changing the combat system was always a hoot to me, considering how easy not only it, but most classic-style FF games are. Fans clamoring for the return of ATB don't want to preserve a satisfying challenge so much as a comfort zone. If anything, I'm excited to see what they have in mind for the Materia system in a real time setting combined with the pseudo ATB thing they seem to have going on in conjunction with the real time fighting.

At the very least, if it doesn't live up to it's potential, we'll definitely get a good HD representation of the locales. I'm fucking stoked for an expanded Junon and Cosmo Canyon and I hope Costa Del Sol is treated like an anime beach episode for obvious reasons.
>>
>>378680019
>expanded hallway that gives you a skybox of a town to look at

If there's one thing Square has always done right, it's their variants of the ATB system, from the first one, to the last one (X), they have never done any wrong.
>>
>>378679039
>MCU game
That shit hasn't even been revealed yet, if anything that's what we won't be seeing until 2020

>they only NOW went into full overdrive
Source? Or are you talking about the shift to completely internal development?
>>
>>378680419
>Or are you talking about the shift to completely internal development?
When did that happen?
>>
>>378680734
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/final-fantasy-vii-remake-development-shifts-external-cooperation-internal-focus
>>
>>378680419
Speaking of, what does that mean exactly? Will the game take longer because of internal development? Will they focus an unnecessary amount on the food?
>>
>>378680842
>Naoki Hamaguchi, the main programmer of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and project lead on Mobius Final Fantasy, is project lead on the remake.
>(I won’t be leaving Mobius Final Fantasy.)
Well, time to abandon all hope.
>>
>>378680019
Oh for fuck's sake, another drawn out post of personal preference and no understanding of the simple truths.

Just about every game that is localized receives changes. Simple terms are changed, elements are changed, errors are made, this isn't new. Your rant about being some faggy weeb that can read slant eyed is really irrelevant.
>considering how easy not only it, but most classic-style FF games are
Oh gee, I wonder why. Maybe because difficulty was never a focus for games like this. It took a back seat to story, character and progression. Your'e suppose to sit back and relax and experience events as they unfold. That is the point of these games. Not that it matters because most games aren't challenging. The final fantasy you'll get is Story, Progression, Flashing lights. So in the end you hardly know what you're asking for and will probably just mistake flair for challenge.

While we're on the subject of difficulty. Why do you care? Is your life so devoid of satisfaction it can only be found in overcoming minuscule video game challenges?

Also wanting Lightning 2.0 in remake. Disgusting. Are you just naturally attracted to 2x4's or did you have to work at it?
>>
>>378680939
Having the entire team together in one place should be beneficial. Especially considering Nomura's comments in an interview a while back on how he was finding it difficult to keep everyone on the same page when the team was scattered across different studios.

>Will they focus an unnecessary amount on the food?
kek not as long as Tabata isn't involved
>>
>>378681354
He's done more than just that.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Naoki_Hamaguchi
>>
100% it will be for PS5

The focus for this gen is FFXV & the WoW clone

I also think the Episodic idea has been scrapped, because if it was still the plan, Episode 1 would have been out this year for it's 30th anniversary
>>
>>378681739
100% you're retarded

You cannot argue this because I said 100%
>>
>>378681916
I still remember when people thought Versus 13 was coming for PS3 & how many times i got retarded for saying it's being moved to PS4

Good times
>>
>>378682032
you got retarded? oh no are you okay
>>
File: 1477182597508.jpg (360KB, 960x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1477182597508.jpg
360KB, 960x1089px
>>378681558
>XIV 1.0
>Client Programming
>>
>>378682864
I don't play MMOshit, was the client programming bad or something?
>>
>>378680939
Technically it should go faster now i don't know why they gave it to CC2 to begin with. They make some fun good looking games, but nothing big and they're all unbalanced as fuck, they're not made for one of the most important Square projects yet. I'm also not too sure about the Mobius guy,
>>
>>378683512
Mobius guy's just there to manage the team more than anything, probably because Nomura hates doing it himself and wants to focus on developing the game.

There's also the fact that Kitase has worked with him on all the FFXIII trilogy games and Mobius, so if he wasn't cut out for the job then he'd know.
>>
>>378683181
It was full of retarded shit like having everything processed server-side, so even basic UI interaction had input lag on it unless you were living right on top of the servers.
1.0 was a damn near perfect example of how to not make an MMO.
>>
>>378685412
kek I guess that's why they didn't bring him back on for the reboot
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.