[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diablo 3 Necromancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: diablo-3.png (311KB, 760x270px) Image search: [Google]
diablo-3.png
311KB, 760x270px
Will the introduction of the necromancer class save Diablo 3?
>>
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/05/31/diablo-3-blizzard-on-bringing-back-the-necromancer

Forgot link
>>
>>378676085
Save a what? 4-6 year old game? I don't thing so, but the fans will love something new to do.
>>
>>378676085
No, and you know it.
Diablo 3 was a relative success, but I think they expected it to live longer to sell more xpacs & DLC classes.
Now it's too late, the game has run its course and it's time to move on.
>>
is it still going to cost $5?
cause that's pretty stupid
>>
>>378676085

>streamers believe it's the worst class
>doesn't excel in anything for group meta
>has a class set that no one wants to test
>D3 devs doesn't want the class to mix sets for more build diversity

it's dead
>>
>>378676186
>phoneposting
>>
>>378676085
got into that weird necro beta thing, was HALF expecting it to be fun like the D2 necro but was relatively underwhelmed, of course. They should just move on in my random opinion.
>>
File: knight.jpg (73KB, 617x617px) Image search: [Google]
knight.jpg
73KB, 617x617px
>>378676085
>Will the introduction of an old D2 class save the dying D3
>mfw
Ditch D3, re-skin D2 and call it D4. Win back all your Diablo fans
>>
>>378676413
This. But its core player base will still keep it alive. It's probably just being thrown in to take a chunk out of D4's production.
>>
>>378676743
Source? Curious as I still have a soft spot for D3.
>>
>>378676878
I bet they have moved on
the game's on life support just like SC2
>>
>>378676085
wait what its not out still?
they announced him like a year ago
>>
>>378676085
What the fuck is that gay Castlevania reject.
>>
>>378676743

Even if it actually is, you're going to see plenty of people buying and playing it simply because it's something new to do.
>>
>>378677083
At least SC2 is a pretty balanced multiplayer RTS that can strive as long as they keep the servers plugged in (which they did for original starcraft).
>>
>>378676743
>doesn't excel in anything for group meta
There is a meta for this game? Even when playing on the T10 I didn't find it all that much harder while alone, do they inflate the numbers when playing with more people?
>>
>>378676085
>hype hype
>necromancer released
>everyone likes it
>they actually made it well
>suddently, Blizzard realize people are having fun
>"WHAT?! NOT UNDER MY WATCH!"
>nerfed to dogshit
>barelly can summom a skeletor now
>when can, skeletor kick him and left
>cries
Blizzard will do this and you all know it.
>>
>>378677370
If you want to push Grifts (the new ladder), there's a group comp meta with Zdps builds (you also have to be lucky with the rift itself).
>>
Personally D3 is a mixed bag for me. I honestly liked the combat mechanics but disliked so much else.

Bad points: story, auction house, skill trees...juat to name a few.

I'm currently playing Grim Dawn and am enjoying it.
>>
>>378677626
I'm with you but I think they nailed the endgame with greater rifts like no other ARPG ever did.
But at the same time it makes you realize how much of a timesink the whole genre is, pretty much like MMOs.
>>
>>378676776
I'm at work >.>
>>
>>378677626
The auction house has been removed.
>>
>>378676085
Why should it?
It's one fucking class, even if it's amazing the game is inherently fucked for anyone but people that do seasons once every few months.
>>
>>378676983

Most of the oldschool D3 streamers are gone but the ones that are left (Rhykker, Alk) believe the class has bad performance in comparison to the others.

Being unable to mix sets is a big complaint right now for Necromancers and they have bad pet gameplay (which is the main reason why people play them) when compared to Witch Doctors.
>>
I would buy it if it wasn't always online, unmodable, money laundering scheme (wasn't reel monies AH removed though?).
I played a bit of beta and sort of liked what that they tried to add variety in gameplay by adding class-specific resources. But I just couldn't bring myself up to buy it back then, even though there were a lot of people around me playing it and sometimes even praising it. But then after talking to them and learning about all the grind, I just lost the interest.
>>
>tfw even the necromancer can't reanimate d3
>>
>>378676085
No it won't.

The decision to balance the game around legendaries that drop like candy with unique skill effects ruined the game. It made flavor of the patch builds the best due to Blizzard not knowing how to balance well and pushed rares into ultimate trash tier much more than runewords did in LoD.

It doesn't help that there are other more beneficial things they could do but won't. Necro will probably cost between $20 and $30 and it'll be a complete ripoff
>>
>>378677873
should've never removed the gold auction house
>>
>>378678076
>if it wasn't always online, unmodable
Unfortunately that seems to be the only way to enforce cheating (not boting tho).
And it seems to work well.

>wasn't reel monies AH removed though?
Yes.

>all the grind
If you don't like the grind you won't like Diablo, and the ARPG genre as a whole, good on you if you didn't buy it then.
>>
>>378676902

i have better idea - just release d2 lod remastered (just as they do with scbw) with improved bnet functionality = they are going to swim in money
>>
>>378678428
>tfw my old WWsin is lost forever because I haven't played D2 in like 9 years
>>
d3 community was lacking in my opinion it didn't feel the same way that d2 did with the bartering systems
>>
File: 34543.png (502KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
34543.png
502KB, 768x576px
cant wait
>>
>>378676085
No, the game doesn't need saving.
It sold a fuckton and is actually a pretty good game to play every now and then.
I've played from day 1 and skipped months just to come back when I get that need to have some mindless farming with some friends.
Most people that tell you that the game is beyond saving have more than 300 hours of gameplay and will tell you that the game is boring and there isn't anything to do, you can see the discrepancy right there.
The fanbase wanted Diablo 2 again but no one is going to recreate the same magic, the conditions are simply not there.
People will tell you how much better PoE is and then you will try it and it's a game with worse graphics than D2, less intresting design and a far too complicated system for building your character.
>>
>>378679401
It didn't sell based on the game's merits. It sold because of its name. There's a difference and people need to stop bringing it up as a positive point for D3.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.