[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is happening with Capcom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: photo.png (18KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
18KB, 100x100px
Are they on the verge of going bankrupt or are they genuinely don't give a fuck about video games anymore like Konami does?

>MVCI will be 90% reused assets with an already small character roster
>USF2 is just a rerelease of a 25 years old title with little extras
>extremely basic issues with SFV are still not fixed after 1.5 years
>not to mention they outsource everything to cheaper outside studios and freelancers
>>
File: dick penis man.png (331KB, 1007x566px) Image search: [Google]
dick penis man.png
331KB, 1007x566px
use this instead senpai
>>
I feel like its less they care about games less, and more they care about money more.

All of the Capcom gems that even me myself hold at a high regard like JoJo's, Marvel 2, and Third Strike are not the first iteration of their respective line ups. In Marvel 2's case there was like 5 or 6 games that came before.

I'll give it to you that it feels like theres less polish considering we have what looks like mobile 3d models now instead of pretty sprite, But Capcom shilling to get the most out of their fighting games is nothing new, it just feels like were getting less.
>>
Yes they are on the verge of bankruptcy, that's why they have to make exclusivity deals with the console makers in exchange for funding for their projects.
>>
>>378665339
Oh and yeah not defending Capcom, I own most of their old golden fighting games but probably will skip out on this one. Making the game easier combined with the new art style REALLY turned me off to it.
>>
>>378665339
>they care more about money than games
but games with good reception mean more money

It's impossible for them to not know how much they are destroying the reputation of their IPs in exchange of selling a last few million copies with them.

I just wish they would be taken up by some actual big publishers and only deal with developing games like how Platinum does.
>>
>>378666219
I see what you mean, maybe that would help the quality of their games improve. Another thing I feel is important is the rise of the internet meaning they don't have to wait for a big revision to add content instead just patch it. Honestly it looks like just making a superultramegaturbo version might work better despite havin to buy the game again
>>
>>378665339
MvC2 is the definition of a cashgrab tough, most of the roster were either rehashes or poorly done charcters.
They were just lucky they hit the golden with the gameplay
>>
>>378666824
It's a cashgrab, but at least in that case it was a logical cashgrab. Most of the characters are reused, yeah, but all the games up until then had the roster with a sort of theme (arguably making some better) but some of those characters had never been put up against each other too.

Just as much as the idea was a cashgrab, if it had not been done people would have literally bitched about it not happening for eternity.
>>
>>378663619
I don't give a fuck about Capcom's franchises other than Monster Hunter
if Capcom used all their other IPs as cash cows to fund MH, I'd love that
>>
>>378665468
They have always done that. Capcom will make "exclusives" for literally anyone who pays them. It actually says more about console makers being desperate for games than it does about Capcom being desperate for funding, since a number of those exclusives aren't even really exclusive anyway.
>>
>>378663619
>Are they on the verge of going bankrupt

Why do people keep forgetting that Ono said he wasn't sure if they could afford to start Street Fighter 5?
>>
https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/869970644393484289
>>
File: tnL1CTP.jpg (236KB, 656x964px) Image search: [Google]
tnL1CTP.jpg
236KB, 656x964px
did everyone forget that capcom always did this?
>>
File: 1494090065750.jpg (69KB, 484x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494090065750.jpg
69KB, 484x360px
You guys are forgetting about
>dead Phoenix
>that time capcom made devil may cry 2 without even mentioning it to kamiya, let alone asking him to direct again and having it end up as a disaster
>that time capcom dissolved clover studio despite them making some of the best and most memorable ips capcom continued to milk in games like MvC
>that time capcom wanted to port okami to the Wii so they hired some British studio and gave them literally incomplete source code, forcing the team to remake major parts of the game from scratch, and then they cut clover out of the credits
>that time capcom made capcom fighting jam
>that time capcom released the updated version of MvC3 like a year after the regular one in an obvious cashgrab
>capcom mishandling the mega man series
They have always been a shitty company that mismanages amazing talent. Nothing has changed, people act like all the sudden they've made a u-turn when it's just their bad decisions finally catching up to them.
>>
>>378667540
Is he just trolling or this is really the state of how organized Capcom is?
>>
>>378668056
except those were bad decisions spread across decades while having shittons of good productions to show up

now they are making the same amount of questionable decisions just under 1-2 years without anything worthwile to show
>>
>>378667304
>implying anyone at Capcom understands MH or wants it to be fun

Nigger you can't even use rapid bow or sleep bombing in the latest game because they broke the engine and made it so multiple damage sources on a single frame aren't counted. That's a fucking huge fuck up and they've made no effort to fix it, I can guarantee the bug will still be in the switch port.
>>
>>378667442
fyi Ono never literally said that. During USFIV's development someone asked Ono if he was secretly working on SFV on the side, and he said he didn't have the resources to do it because his team was busy with USFIV.
>>
>>378668056
it's such a fucking shame, they squandered all the amazing talent in their company making shitty unfinished shovelware. kamiya, mikami, inafune and many more quitting because of our shitty management? better keep creating shit for our consumer base to hasten our company's demise!
>>
>>378663619
I've seen it happen before.

People responsible for sales became more important than people responsible for actual product.

So SF5 is still shit because they still keep casual audience features. MvCI is created for MCU crowd, instead for FGC.
>>
>>378668689
I guess that's true. You could argue things have gotten worse because they sure as hell haven't gotten better.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.