[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cannot play Gwent. I have lost literally every single Gwent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg (84KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84KB, 460x215px
I cannot play Gwent. I have lost literally every single Gwent match I've ever played, except for the tutorial, and one round against a really low level NPC. What the fuck is wrong with me? How the fuck do you play Gwent?
>>
>>378652404
Pro tip:Don't. If it's not required to beat the story, and you don't like it, then just don't. That's what I did
>>
>>378652572
There's a side mission where you can save a woman by beating a guy in a game of Gwent, or by killing him. I was playing a pacifist run, but I just could not for the life of me beat him, so I ended up killing him.
>>
Gwent is in-universe pay to win.
Make sure to buy cards and beat weaker opponents first to build a strong northern realms or nilfgaard deck, then you're set.

War horn is a key card by the way.
>>
File: IMG_0852.jpg (21KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0852.jpg
21KB, 720x405px
>>378652689
Same. Pic related
>>
>>378652689
>getting cucked by a kurwa minigame
>>
I honestly can't understand how people liked that stupid minigame.
And now they even made a standalone game about it lmao
>>
>>378652852
Listen to this guy,OP.
Buy EVERY card you can from vendors.
Challenge everyone.
Get rid of low rank units, you don't wanna draw a 2 swordsman.
As a begginer's strategy, you might wanna use the impenetrable fog from the Foltest card (leader card) and lay some archers, luring the opponent to pass the round, the clear the weather and win the round.
For round 2, just force their hands and pass it.
For round 3, war horn is your friend.
>>
>>378652404
One, savescum. Just that simple, especially in earlier games you can get fucked hard by RNG.

Two, pay attention to your questlog. Some Gwent players are easy to access early but are balls-to-the-wall hard. Don't get down if you challenge someone who has a clearly superior deck with Golds out the ass.

Three, buy cards. Tavern keepers and even some general shop-owners will carry cards, buy them all. All of them. They don't cost much and will be needed.

Four, figure out your playstyle and use the right deck for it. The four in the game are Squirrelelves, Foltest, Nilfgaard and Monster.
-Squirrels focus mostly on heavy-hitting range and melee cards, and buffing. Their weakness is absolutely no artillery and the tendency to get fucked hard by fog cards.
-Foltest is a god at everything, especially at comboing cards on all ranks. Lackluster spies but you'll likely end up picking him or Nilf.
-Nilfgaard has ass-rapingly powerful archers and the ability to zerg with low-power cards. Their main draw is their metric shit-ton of spies.
-Monsters are the complete zerg-class, and can field almost two-dozen cards in a round sometime. 90% of this is melee only though so Frost cards will fuck them hard.

The point of the game is managing your hand. You have to win 2 out of 3 rounds, without drawing too many cards past what you get initially. Spies and leader-abilities can help with this, but initially it's strictly a management game. You can't blow your entire hand on Round 1 because you'll leave yourself open in rounds 2 and 3. At the same time you have to force the computer to dedicate as many cards as you can in a round so he's weaker later.

Basically all I can offer past that is a few tips;
Do your best to hold-out for combos when you get them. Use spies all the fucking time. Combo target dummies with spies for more spies. Gold Cards are game-changers. GLHF.
>>
File: 1429131779270.png (2MB, 10000x9441px) Image search: [Google]
1429131779270.png
2MB, 10000x9441px
>>378652404
congrats, your parents dropped you as a baby.
>>
>>378652404
>>378652689
you people are fucking pathetic. i lost like three games out of all of them and that was during tournaments. you''re all fucking shit and you should get the fuck off /v/ because you don't belong on here.
>>
both Heart of the Stone and Blood and Wine are on sale on Steam, should i get now or should i wait till they get even cheaper
I'm really getting into Witcher 3 but i want to save my money for the Steam summer sale
>>
File: JUST.png (698KB, 600x640px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
698KB, 600x640px
>>378652404

imagine being THIS much of a brainlet?

There are people on 4chan with sub-100 IQs and that's not a myth, but a fact of life. Maybe OP really is just dumb. It is what it is.
>>
>>378653470
>their metric shit ton of spies
northern realms literally has the same amount with lower strength so they're better...
>>
>>378652404
Northern Kingdom is ez mode.

Just keep spamming siege units and stack cards that clear weather.
>>
>>378652404
That game is trash.
>>
>>378653870
I meant more early-game. They even out later because you get Thaler and the gold elf-card and shit, but basically every Nilf player from the start will have a minimum of 3 in their deck before you probably even know what spies ARE.
>>
Go to each bar and buy all the cards, then go back to the first place and battle everyone to get their cards gradually revisiting all the areas so it's easier AI. Anytime I reached a new area I always bought the cards from the bar and battled anyone.
>>
>>378653470
This is as accurate a guide as you'll find in this thread. I like the scoia'tael though, especially with the leader card that lets you nuke the enemy's front line. Very useful against monsters.
>>
Spies.
Decoys.
Commandos.
Resurrecting cards.

Bait a pass somewhere and you win most games
>>
My 12 year old downie cousin plays better Gwent than you, OP. You might wanna order yourself a helmet.
>>
What was everyone's reaction to Aracnomorphs when you fought them for the first time?
>>
>>378652572
there are entire quest lines around gwent, you cant even get into the tourney if you don't have the cards.

>>378652404
anon first thing you have to do is buy every card from evry shop you encounter.
Then you have to win whoever is playing gwent for cards, then you build a deck slowly that can beat the better players and you get the best cards. it's the only way to gid gud.
I can't be fucked to explain the tactics, but essentially it is a switch and bait game, spies are op, try to get the enemy to waste as much cards as they can and lose rounds to win later.
Also anything but northern realms is meme tier, you gimp yourself
>>
>>378653831
my IRL friend loves TW3 but is too retarded to even understand gwent.
he is so retarded he runs around with broken gear all the time.
I see him play ESO and he always has broken gear.
idk how one could enjoy vidya but be so incompetent at it at the same time
>>
File: 1486666432920.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486666432920.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>378655385

>their fucking erratic movement

why

why did they have to animate them so well
>>
>>378653448
getting clear weather foltest card is op, also dont be afraid to sacrifice a round, waste a bad card to make the other player waste cards
>>
>>378655385
Hated them at first because it's annoying to try and catch up to them as a melee character, but Yrden or Euophoria'd Igni makes them bearable
>>378656281
>playing Northern Realms
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.