[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do this game has success ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: WlBcuctrqiZbGzGTwLijkNxcMM.jpg (470KB, 1536x1760px) Image search: [Google]
WlBcuctrqiZbGzGTwLijkNxcMM.jpg
470KB, 1536x1760px
Everybody seem to say that FF XIV is just "shitty wow clown", yet it doesn't know the same fate of those clones (deserted games).

Is FF XIV really a shitty mmo clone ? If not, what makes it standing out from the other shitty mmos like GW2, Rift or Korean grindfest rubbishes ?

I demand you to answer lads, politely though.
>>
File: 1494263784192.jpg (955KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1494263784192.jpg
955KB, 2592x1728px
>>378647952
The devs work hard on delivering quality/polished content fairly often. That goes from the art designers to music composer, etc .. it's not a revolutionary game, it's not trying to be the next anything, it's just a theme park MMO that
does things well. On top of that all the classes are well balanced, and fight are not stupid hard and tend to be on the casual -midcore side. So this means more people are able to clear and do endgame content.
>>
>>378647952
It's marketing and shame of a Japanese company, the game is not a massive success at all.
>>
It almost wasn't. They had to relaunch it.

I think it's the brand recognition, positive brand associations, and brand self-referentiality that sets it apart. The regularity of new content is pretty nice, too, and letting every character be any class and benefit from leveling all classes means there's lots to grind in different ways, all of which rewards with new flashy abilities, raw material, or produced goods to be sold or equipped.
>>
File: wewaskangs1.jpg (175KB, 804x722px) Image search: [Google]
wewaskangs1.jpg
175KB, 804x722px
>>378650294
>>
>>378650465
It's a flop, they just couldn't handle the shame of a FF brand game failing again so they LIED.

There is a reason this game has such a huge cash shop and why it's updated so often.
>>
File: kangs!.jpg (149KB, 700x787px) Image search: [Google]
kangs!.jpg
149KB, 700x787px
>>378650547
Companies they don't control show the real state of the game and how awful its retention numbers are.

Most of the servers on NA, EU and JP are barren but they refuse to do merges because of the fear of the truth.
>>
>>378650547

>2014

No shit XIV isn't on that picture.
>>
>shitty wow clone
First of all it takes most of its shit from FFXI, not WoW, and if you want to call it a clone of other MMOs, its an everything clone and that is why it works. It took literally all the good parts of other MMOs and mixed in some of the shit that made FFXI so memorable (at least for those who played it), and you know, that its a final fantasy game so it has the brand recognition, and there you have it
>>
File: pood.jpg (377KB, 1531x816px) Image search: [Google]
pood.jpg
377KB, 1531x816px
>>378650650
Show me it on the 2016 chart.
>>
>>378650756
FFXIV takes NOTHING apart from designs from FFXI.

FFXIV is a wow clone pure and simple.
>>
>>378651037
It's not even a good wow clone, the raids are garbage, it has far less real content than wow, the pvp is utter garbage and so is the combat system with horrible global cooldowns.

It does have a cash shop though, Blizzard gave up on theirs but Square update theirs monthly with more and more stuff that slowly rises in price.
>>
>>378651037
>nothing
>literally the entire game down to its weapon names is from FFXI because it was actually originally supposed to be a sequel to FFXI
>1.0 was basically just FFXI-2
yeah I get it, you only played after ARR, that still doesn't void the groundwork for the game, just because they added in WoW movement
>>
File: 1493827830476.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1493827830476.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>378651613
FFXI is based on everquest
FFXIV is based on Wow

I know this makes you sad but the truth will set you free. You already know this is true though, which is why you only mentioned weapon names lmao
>>
>>378651318
>horrible global cooldowns
What's so bad about this? I've played WOW and the only difference is you press 1 faster.
The skillbars in XIV are made so you're always doing something, and always plotting your next move. Max level content is also more than abilities - the mechanics are the main draw, it's why yellow floor shit exists.
But you wouldn' know any of that. You're upset it's different from WoW
>>
>>378647952
just shitty ERP'ers that shill it and their "cute" characters.

Game itself is horrific, i wanted to love it as a long standing XI and WoW player, but its absolutely terrible.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.