[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VIDYA SHIT YOU'RE DONE WITH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 666 SLUT.jpg (257KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
666 SLUT.jpg
257KB, 666x666px
>CEs.
>Ultimate Editions.
>Deluxe Editions.
>Season Passes.
>DLC.
>Microtransactions.
>Any game that's remotely P2W.
>Any multiplayer mode that splits the player base with paid DLC. I'm talking maps and bullshit like that.

I'm buying the base game and nothing else. Fuck it.
>>
>New DLC
>Content pack for new DLC sold separately
Fuck you too Paradox.
>>
It makes sense to wait on versions with all the dlc. Everything else you said is fine though.
>>
>anything with "ultimate abilities"
>>
old JRPG's being translated, ported to different consoles and improved in one way but botched in another, with there never being a definitive version
>>
Honestly OP you're basically a fucking cliche
>>
Microtransactions are fine IMO, but only if they are not P2W items.

Also, fuck them anyway, because they're never actually "micro" transactions, they just "normally priced transactions".

I don't want to pay 2-5 dollars for a new skin for my character. I'd pay 2-5 bucks for an entire pack of skins, and about 75c for just 1.

Key & Crate systems are also total fucking bullshit. Either sell one of them and have the other be paid, or sell them as a bundle only. Plus, 1.49 for a key is way to much and 2.49 is way to much for the boxes. That little bit of extra 50c always pushes it way to far. Ask for just 1 dollar, or 2 dollars. That extra 50c always shows (to me atleast) the greed they want.
>>
JRPGs
Any game that markets with waifushit
Any singleplayer that isn't specifically made primarily for PC (I have a PS4)
>>
Statues in CEs.

Who the fuck past 18 decorates with those statues?
>>
>>378633632
>DLC is better than the main game
Thanks ME3.
Never again
>>
>>378633632
Nothing wrong with CEs tbqhwyf
>>
Brick and mortar exclusive items

Digital items as part of the CE rather than giving an actual collectible

No OST in CE, no making of, no book
>>
File: 1475471221456.png (37KB, 799x270px) Image search: [Google]
1475471221456.png
37KB, 799x270px
>>378633632
I still buy CEs sometimes and I like World of Tanks which is kinda P2W.

All that other stuff I don't really fuck with.
>>
>>378633632
So there's a lot of shit that we can all be collectively done with but the one that specifically grinds me gears

Video game tie-ins used to be mediocre to shitty games on a small budget, but at least they were actual games

Nowadays, video game tie-ins are just as common... but now they're all casual f2p online-only mobage.

Like who the fuck is still playing the Men in Black 3 farmville ripoff game?
>>
>rpg elements
>>
>>378633632
Buying games.
>>
>>378635802

>RPG elements with XP on a racing game

What the fuck
>>
File: thumbs up.png (12KB, 454x480px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.png
12KB, 454x480px
>game has DLC
>it's cosmetic only
>>
How many dicks did she suck?
>>
>>378636394
I'm OP and I got no clue. Only saved it 'cause she's cool. I don't watch anime.
>>
>>378633632
sauce on image? its for a friend
>>
>>378633632
>retailer specific preorder bonuses
>early access games and the "early access" trash like getting to use characters before someone else
>preorder bonuses like outfits that are outclassed after playing the game for 15 fucking minutes (darksiders 2 is the worst offender off the top of my head)
>DLC that splinters the fanbase
>"story DLC" that consists of 15 minutes of actual story related quests and 30 fetchquests
>digital deluxe bundles. I don't want to go drive out and buy the game, buy a prepaid PSN card, and go home and buy the season pass. Just me a fucking physical version you cheesedicks.
>>
>>378636750
>early access games and the "early access" trash like getting to use characters before someone else

OP here. 100% agree.

>preorder bonuses like outfits that are outclassed after playing the game for 15 fucking minutes (darksiders 2 is the worst offender off the top of my head)

100% agree. Done with preordering.

>I don't want to go drive out and buy the game, buy a prepaid PSN card, and go home and buy the season pass. Just me a fucking physical version you cheesedicks.

Dude, talk to your bank. Visa debit cards are a thing. You can also link your bank account to PayPal.
>>
>>378633632
>Next story scan is hidden behind a wall of gameplay like puzzles or a boss. Has to autistically mash buttons and if you fail you have to try again
Why won't they just make it easier so I can enjoy the story and the graphics? Or at least make it simpler and use less complex systems.
>>
>>378637580
Story scan? You mean scene?

Just set it to casual or easy.
>>
DLC is fine if done right, i.e. as expansion backs, and season passes are fine if you purchase them after enough worthwile DLC has been released to make them cheaper than buying it individually.
>>
>>378636325
This is the only acceptable thing
>>
File: 982fbcd9c18f99ec7b47d7ec85aeab92.jpg (557KB, 811x1200px) Image search: [Google]
982fbcd9c18f99ec7b47d7ec85aeab92.jpg
557KB, 811x1200px
>>378633632
Why does she make my dick so hard

>>378636607
Deadman wonderland. Reverse image search it up yourself next time you lazy fucking nigger it literally takes two fucking seconds.
>>
>>378633632
Add Early Access to that list.
>>
>>378637856
How fucked up and cool is it? Worth it for an edgy non-weeb?
>>
>>378633632
>DLC
fucking fire emblem echoes. You are essentially buying 2 full priced games for one game. Is there any game which is more of a ripoff than this?
>>
armor and weapon degredation. especially if you have to go to a certain vendor/hub to repair. what the fuck is the point even? to annoy you?
>>
>>378638406
To keep more variations in your setup.
>>
>>378638143
It was ok I guess. Definitely had some edgy stuff in there, but I've seen worse. How edgy you'll find it depends on the kind of stuff you've seen before though. There have been people who both like it and hate it, probably more towards the hate side on 4chan but that's the norm for most things here anyway.

If you do wanna give it a go, go with the manga, haven't watched the anime but I heard it leaves things completely unfinished and doesn't have a proper ending.
>>
File: 1486807376563.png (226KB, 750x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486807376563.png
226KB, 750x800px
>>378633632
>>Ultimate Editions
>I'm buying the base game
Idiot, you should be more done with the base game than anything else.
It's broken, it's overpriced, it has cut content.

The video game redpill is breaking free of the hype cycle and only playing cheap complete editions when nobody is talking about them anymore.
>>
>>378633632
There's no wrong with DLC when done right like the Souls games.
>>
>>378638143
It's okay. Starts to lose steam by the second act and doesn't have a proper conclusion which is common for most weeb shit.
>>
>>378633632
>openworld games filled with copypasted assets
>small audience oriented games with complex mechanics which are not explicitly explained
>>
>Ubisoft
>EA
>Randomly generated
>Open world
>Survival
>>
>>378638816
Yeah for singleplayer games that works and i do it too.

The problem is multiplayer games where you have to get it while its active or you dont get it at all
>>
File: 1485477692269.png (46KB, 300x359px) Image search: [Google]
1485477692269.png
46KB, 300x359px
Any reaction based peer to peer game
Fucking scourge that I will never escape
>>
File: 270620161.jpg (82KB, 700x417px) Image search: [Google]
270620161.jpg
82KB, 700x417px
>>378633632
>CEs.
>Ultimate Editions.
>Deluxe Editions.

It really depends on what they contain. I go with them on a case by case basis.

Things I want them to include:
>Physical sound track
>Hard-cover art book (though I'll compromise on soft cover if it isn't some garbage-tier booklet)
>Behind the scenes development diaries/ interviews DVD
>Really specific cool junk like that soulstone USB that came with Diablo 3 and held Diablo 2 on it.

Things I actively avoid:
>Figurines (they're always horrible quality, not to mention fragile)
>Steelbooks (tacky, though this one isn't a deal-breaker for me)
>Massive "collectable" boxes that consume a ridiculous amount of shelf space (things like the Fallout 4 one)
>Kids toys (again, Fallout 4 is a good example with the Pip-Boy)
>Keychains

Things that feel bad but they do work well enough to make me want to buy in:
>Virtual goodies, like a special mount or weapon skin
>"""complimentary""" DLC codes
>>
>>378639298
>openworld games filled with copypasted assets
Well, a proper open world with unique assets for every little town would be insanely big and would require too much development time and costs.
>>
>>378633632
I've bought a deluxe edition of a game once, it was SFxT and I actually thought it was worth it because it came with a piggy bank arcade inside the box that I still use. I haven't paid for anything else on that list though and it shocks me that so many other people do.
>>
>>378633932
>Microtransactions are fine IMO, but only if they are not P2W items.

gw2 does this, but because of it they have barely added any armor to the game in years and everything they add requires you to buy keys or spend gems
>>
>>378639640
I'm not saying that absolutely everything should be unique, it's impossible. The issue is that there is a point where you need to stop going for quantity over quality, and most of the time devs don't, and so we have:

- Same dungeons/encounters filled with randomly generated rewards, non of which are unique.

- Same gear with different stats which only changes some numbers instead of giving you different say moveset or effects.

Gear with +stats/resistances which barely affect the gameplay unless heavily stacked.

This also includes all kinds of healing/mana potions or medkits which give you different amount of hp/mana, instead of having only 1 type of each.

etc.

Look at say GTA and AC. The worlds are insanely big, but there is barely something to do. Fighting stupid AI is not something that interests me. Yeah, there is a wow-effect when it's your first time and you just travel across it, but there is no point in going somewhere, the world is filled with same braindead AI and there is barely something you can do at point A that you can't do at point B on the other side of the world.
>>
>>378641738
Just dont play looter games. All those mechanics do is bloat the loot tables with useless garbage so you have to grind for an eternity before you get a good loadout, and then you can quit because there's nothing else to do.
>>
>>378638143
The manga is worth reading for Shiro alone
>>
>>378643709
It's not just looter games. As I said, look at GTA and AC. They're not about loot at all. And they both have openworld which is almost entirely useless.

What I'm talking about is not just typical ARPGs, it's pretty much any modern RPG with openworld.
>>
File: 1481735682901.gif (86KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1481735682901.gif
86KB, 480x270px
>>378633632
Open world games in general.

Holy shit just give me some well designed, tight levels instead of empty landscapes with a checklist of lackluster side objectives, is that too much to ask.
>>
>Early access randomly generated open world survival game NOW WITH CRAFTING
>>
>Updates released as DLCs
>>
Procedural generation

That's about it. I can't even tell open world to fuck off because I love the Gravity Rush games.
>>
>>378639517

>tfw online multiplayer was the true cancer killing vidya all along
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.