[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to have fun with this game? I got scammed by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
Is there any way to have fun with this game? I got scammed by it years ago and only put in like 30 mins. Is it any less buggy? I noticed the devs are still putting out updates.
>>
This shit, like most early access games, is never actually going to be finished. Just move on.
>>
They update it about every 4-5 months, adding nothing fun, only visuals or shitty things nobody cares

I remember when last year they removed zombies for aobut 3 months
>>
>>378632297
I feel ripped off by this game and I didn't even pay for it. I've wasted 450 hours of my life on it.
>>
Either play on an ARMA Wasteland server or buy a battle royale game and leave it at that

DayZ is never getting finished
>>
>>378632297
>Is there any way to have fun with this game?

>wait until it leaves early access
>refund it immediately
>buy a better game
>>
File: 1418116758904.png (1MB, 833x623px) Image search: [Google]
1418116758904.png
1MB, 833x623px
>>378632367
>>378632357
fuck it all. thanks guys
>>
Not anymore, no. I loved this game for the first year or so it was out, but they have only made it worse with each passing update. This game is truly a disaster at this point. It barely even runs anymore. Instead of making the game function, they literally just keep adding different clothing and items. It will never be finished. It's fucked. And dead.
>>
>>378632468
>wait until it leaves early access
>refund it immediately
is this a real possibility? if so, now i know why they won't finish it.
>>
>>378632530
Well, if you want comfy walking game to survive, they improved the visuals and the sounds in the forests, looks very good to survive in it, making fires, camping, and hunting
>>
>>378632642

More info: http://www.dayztv.com/
>>
>>378632585
yes you have 2 weeks to refund it when it leaves early access
>>
>>378632585
Yeah. It happened with a few other early access games last year where everyone was able to refund when they fully released regardless of playtime. This won't be finished for a more pathetic reason though and that's just the simple fact that the creator left years ago and the remaining devs have no idea what they're doing and have broken everything.
>>
>>378632743
They have to make a way to refund games that are in early access for more than 2 years

Fucking Starforge, they remove it from steam shop and i cant refund that shit
>>
>>378632297
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS GAME IS A SHITTY BUG FILLED MESS THAT WILL NEVER LEAVE ALPHA
>leaves alpha and comes out in beta
>instead of trying it out to see if they fixed it just refund it
>>
>>378632440
>Feels ripped off
>After 400 fucking hours

/v/ posters everyone.
>>
File: 18b.jpg (18KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
18b.jpg
18KB, 500x340px
>>378632297
Dayz sa was awful.
Epoch and the other few maps like Taviana were awesome on dayz mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMnupdg1XQ

Pubg is a dayz version of h1z1 battleroyale.
Its really clunky right now but its the game to watch for potential.
SA is going nowwhere.

People would rather play a clunky pubg that crashes and runs at 20-60fps constantly than play SA.

If SA had just made Epoch instead of this aborted DayZ Mod PreVanilla new game, they would have the entire market.

Im so sad because I really liked Dayz Epoch but they care more about pointless extremely complex crafting mechanics while abandoning all the beloved community mechanics like base building, traders, and empire building. Instead we have berries on bushes and leopard hats.

Pubg streamlined this which SA failed too do and turned it into a battleroyale which replaced the bases and what not.

The only real problem Pubg had was the guns were clunky but they acknowledged this and for the most part patched 90% of the issue.
Now its still running poorly, but they said this is their next focus.
They also have people working on climbing, leaps over objects etc and also are doing mocaps for melee kill animations.

Meanwhile SA adds a new color of red berries.
>>
>>378632642
This is all it's good for, all it was ever good for.
>>
>>378633674
Have you played DayZ? You spend that long just trying to find a fucking gun.

I'm exaggerating obviously but you'll notice a lot of people have a couple hundred hours in it and feel ripped off. It's because they spent hours playing it thinking it would be fun if they found gear, found people, etc. Then after 40 hours of gathering gear you finally see someone and just die on the spot or kill them on the spot.

After going through this a few times you realize how boring and hollow it's always going to be and that you've wasted way too much time trying to get enjoyment out of it.

Honestly with fags like you there's probably no winning anyway. If someone said they played it for a few hours you'd probably bitch they didn't give it enough of a chance.
>>
>>378632297
Are you going to tell me this piece of shit is still in beta?
>>
>>378637531
If you can play anything for 400 hours, you liked it. You can get a gun with ammo in 20 minutes tops if you're not retarded. 2/10 made me reply.
>>
700 hours here, I still love DayZ as much as I did back in the mod

People saying the devs do nothing but add clothes and beat off are retarded and speaking out of their ass. They had to make an entire engine from the ground up for this game, and they're almost done making it which is when the game will really begin to unfold. The people who complain, well, I don't know what your issue is. The game is really enjoyable. You're probably trying to get something like PUBG out of it when it's literally a survival sim, like STALKER Misery. You're no different than the people who complain that Dark Souls is shit because it's too hard
>>
>A whole lot of our content is starting to get implemented - as I said before, we're finally making a game, instead of fully focusing on the technology.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPvSaw9FwQbMFd6/giphy.gif

They were fully on the engine because of Arma 4 but it's almost done now so work on the game can get started
>inb4 they haven't started working on the game yet 3 years in
>>
Soft skills are gonna change the game up completely, for the better too. When you have people who specialize in certain things and not everything equally, it calls for more communication and teamwork.

When your car breaks down in the future and the nearest town is a km or two away (when stamina is implemented) you better believe your ass will be praying for a player with the mechanic soft skill to come along. Same for being hungry in the wilderness, if you can't find animals to hunt you better be lucky enough to come across someone with the farmer soft skill or your ass is fucked
>>
>>378640341
>They had to make an entire engine from the ground up for this game
Nice bait. It´s just a modified OFP shit.
>>
>>378641371
You're wrong though, and willingly speaking out of your ass. Why are you doing that
>>
>>378640341
Dont bother screaming into the void, you can't convince these people just like you cant convince a holocaust denier.
>>
File: 1477901951290.jpg (624KB, 962x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1477901951290.jpg
624KB, 962x1196px
>>378637531
This.

What was cool about Epoch was you could build a base to store your stuff.
So we had a hidden base within a building for over a year and nobody found it because we placed it perfectly flush with the wall.

Then we had triple sealed the doors.
Then we put skill jumps with additional pillared locked rooms.
Get past those you then had a top floor where you crawled on your hands and knees.

About the 12th door in, you then hit a room you would have to crawl through a long winding hallway which was able to be seen and shot at through the whole pathway. Then you entered several more pillow jumps and could then get to a platform hovering up high with our buildings plot pole and treasure.

If you glitched into anything, youd get ejected out of the building or teleported so that you had a pillar or floor halfway through your body and youd get telefragged.

After we established this, we then set up hidden caches throughout the map. We had about 20 and they were all marked on this fancy google doc with all our numbers, coordinates, etc.

This was done on a server with over 70 people on it constantly. Nothing was ever stolen or discovered escape by one clan, who I personally caught red-handed attempting a break-in and followed them back to their building after they broke into our first layer of defense.

I stalked them to their base and when they opened the front door, I plugged them and took some 300 items from them and left them our car with its tires shot out and stole their semi-truck filled with their stuff.

But honestly what we did most of the time was run to one of our hidden caches and grabbed a lee-enfield or an acog m14 and hunt people.

It was even better on that server, since there was tons of people who paid like $25 a month to spawn in tanks or loadouts and you were constantly surrounded by extremely well armed opponents and it was a ton of fun to hunt them down with basic stuff like a lee enfield and then wreck everyone with stronger gear.
>>
>>378642472
This went on for like a year or two.

vs

Dayz SA you didnt even have a bike and had to walk everywhere for 40 fucking minutes just to get somewhere and when you did you found 17 different parts of a gun and none of them were compatible and then you died from being too cold or some stupid shit and you literally wasted an hour accomplishing nothing and might as well have turned auto-run on and called it a game.
>>
>>378642546
>(you)
>>
>>378632297
If you don't have a group of friends to play with DayZ will probably never be fun for you.
>>
>>378642746
*climbs mountain*
>>
>>378642962
>cars for the last 12 patches now
>>
>>378642472
You're looking for something you won't find in DayZ. That's not the games fault, it's yours for wasting your time on something thinking it is what it isn't
>>
>heard about Dayz mod when it was on the way down after its peak popularity
>heard about DayzSA being launched
>wait
>checked and it's "early access" and realize this is buggy and barren as fuck
>years go by
>DayzSA still lacks features that old dayz mod has
Who here also dodged a bullet?
>>
>>378644267
>SA has lots of things the mod doesn't
>lacks features of the mod

Wat? You mean like helicopters and shit that's coming out later? You couldn't even punch in the mod, melee was a fucking invisible gun.
>>
>>378644568
>that's coming out later
How many years late?
>You couldn't even punch in the mod, melee was a fucking invisible gun.
contradiction
>>
>>378644119
nah reddit and the shitty developers killed the game that the community made and completely ignored all the quality of life improvements we all loved.

They listened to reddit instead of using common sense.

>>378644267
right? I was out when their first focus wasn't to at least add the bare minimum of bikes. All the 20 or so people I know who played the game for easily 500+ hours each some 1000s of hours dropped it as well upon seeing that bullshit.
>>
>>378632297
Play the mods, still better than "standalone". It's fun with friends

>>378632446
Are there still players in wasteland? That shit was ALOT of fun.
>>
>>378644668
exactly
who the fuck cares
we needed epoch levels within the first year or it was destined to fail.

nobody wants to wait 7 fucking years or whatever for it to still not be anywhere near basic dayz mod much less shit like epoch.

Then on top of that what they did accomplish, they completely fucking butchered and gutted the way everything was done to further frustrate and anger us.

As PUBG confirms, people want to play the actual game not fucking play crafting and scaveging simulator for 20 fucking minutes. They want to play an entire game in 20-60 minutes not barely start one.
>>
I'm convinced this board doesn't like this game because nobody on this boards has friends kek
>>
dayz was game that really blew my mind. fuck man
>>
>>378645485
Practically -anything- is fun with friends. That doesn't make the game good.
>>
>>378644668
Late from what? I love this "late" meme what does it mean? You still couldn't punch in the mod, only use melee weapons. You clearly didn't even play the mod.
>>
>>378645485
More likely it's because it's 3 years into dev and a year and a half have been spent on working on an engine we don't have yet. No one has patience for that unless you understand game Dev.
>>
>>378647359
Ok but DayZ isn't bad
>>
>>378650374
lebowski.jpeg
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.