[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are you playing the new update?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

So are you playing the new update?
>>
is it a fun game yet?
>>
>>378631274
give me a quick rundown on the update

zombies a threat/more of them?
can i board up buildings like in the mod?
>>
>>378631335
No, content is still several patches away.
>>378631350
Zombies are more of a threat in groups but no more difficult than they are a nuisance. Barricading isn't in yet, possibly next patch when they add precise object placement.
>>
>>378631520
wtf did the new update even add then?

game is never going to release
>>
>>378631585
They updated the renderer, which was just going from DX9 to DX11 a year ago. Now we're finally getting all the nice shit they could put in because of it. Next patch is "the big one" for features. This one is all new forests, grass, lighting, wind affects, new sound system. Entire west edge of the map is entirely redone. It's just all the shit they wanted to touch up before .63 which is the beta patch.
>>
Can I refund this yet?
>>
>>378632619
You can refund it for less than it will cost when it releases.
>>
>>378631713
To bad it's years late on delivering. If OPs pic is related then I think it looks a lot better now, but most of the playerbase got so angry with the developers most people don't give a shit anymore, or have moved on to other games. It is nice that the devoted playerbase at least gets some sort of closure, but other than that I have no interest in downloading it again just to play with poop zombies and potentially still lag with a 1080.
>>
>>378633295
Most people can't deal with a game being developed. That's not surprising. Wait for beta patch and try it out, should play entirely differently. Also there isn't terrible lag and the framerate is great. Yes that screenshot is in-game.
>>
>>378633501
>Wait for beta patch and try it out, should play entirely differently
It will not play any different than a year or two ago.
>>
>>378633785
Yes it will, new player controller. Weight stamina, animation chaining for using actions on the move, falling animations, turn speed tuning, all new weapon animations etc. There's already a few gifs from the dev build using it.
>>
>>378634146
Some "new" animations. You still open doors telepathically with the power of your mind. Or you mean that gif they posted were it looks like the char has a stroke.
They never adress the main problems like the zombies that are still non existens. The shitty movment, combat etc.
But they add some shit like wolves and some new rocks.
That shit is going into beta and I cant wait to see what they will never add.
>>
File: 1495402530479.jpg (30KB, 297x547px) Image search: [Google]
1495402530479.jpg
30KB, 297x547px
>>378631274
>beta comes out
>a lot of people still wont come back
>people will instantly refund it instead of checking it out or seeing other people try it out
I will never understand this.
>>
>>378634824
Nope new controller has an animation for opening doors with a free hand. The legacy code is being replaced that's why none of that shit is being worked on in public testing.
>>
>>378635271
Well they'd be retarded because they'll get $30 for a game that costs $60 on release, plus it'll have mod support by then. Can't refund on beta, I think it's only after 1.0
>>
>>378635271
Why not? The beta will not change anything of the state of the game.
>>378635523
>release
Keep dreaming. But muh new bush with the new update.
>>
>>378635390
>The legacy code is being replaced
How neat. Another feature that will see release, lets see in 2022. All together with the rest of the stuff that is in "development" beside grass, rocks, hats and weapons.
They should make it a king of the hill game like Playerunknown Battleground.
>>
>>378635664
Well hey if it never releases you'll never get your refund! Considering next patch is the player controller due out in a few months I guess you'll be saying never after it's out regardless.
>>
This game still is getting updates?
Everyone I know who liked DayZ has long since given up on that buggy mess ever becoming a real game and written it off as a scam.

Seriously one of my friends died of cancer last year and one of the last things I heard him say a few days before he died was "I guess I was right when I said I'll be dead before DayZ is playable"
>>
daily reminder that you'll be able to refund this dogshit when it moves to beta
>>
>>378636143
>in a few months
There are several options here. Its been delayed because of "bugs" or it will be released in a "limited" way. Or they remove it again with the next patch that follows.
Thats how they deal with their content.
>>
>>378637529
They can't release it in parts, it's a gutting of all the legacy physics and hard coded Arma 2 script. They'd need to distribute a whole new client to run parallel to the current game to do that.
>>378636393
Yes it's been getting updates but most people don't want to wait for them. Sorry about your friendo.
>>
>>378636393
>This game still is getting updates?
Nothing major. Small cosmetic changes and weapons.
>>
>>378638573
They're not adding guns until the new player controller actually. This patch is mostly lighting and models, textures, really no cosmetics or extra content coming till beta.

Changelog:
New tree models
Denser forests
New clutter (grass, small plants)
New surface textures - plains and such
Improved wind behavior
New shader for the wind, affecting trees and grass
Tweaked and changed lighting for the world
Small improvements to satellite textures
Rain affected by wind and refinement of its behavior in general
Many reworked locations on Chernarus
Reworked ghillie (to be consistent with new tech)
Small bugfixes to some issues from 0.61
New ambient sounds
>>
>>378639170
Do they have any plans on new game modes, like battle roayle? I really like the game mechanics, but openworld games without purpose and friends are just not for me.
>>
>>378631520
Do they still glitch along whatever path they're chasing you on and/or glitch through walls and stuff or has that been fixed a few dozen patches ago? I can take many bugs but that stuff just made it unplayable.
>>
>>378639808
No it's going to be vanilla DayZ as the primary game mode. There will be offline play for autistic people. Once mod support is out which BI fully supports with all their games, there will be a BR style mod for sure. Along with all the usual mod variants like from Arma 2 and 3.
>>
>>378640101
No, zombies actually fallow a proper navmesh that was fixed a long time ago. They can still phase through a door if you try closing it on them while they're in the doorway though. No where as bad as it was.
>>
>>378640262
Nice, will give it a try today or tomorrow then.
>>
>>378639170
Only cosmetics. This shit is going on since a whole year.
>>378640363
DonĀ“t believe what >>378640262 said.
No much has change from the gameplay side so its just a huge map without any zombies.
>>
No I will be refunding the second it's out. Good thing I haven't gone over 2 hours.
>>
>>378641182
>dont believe what the devs list in the status report and is live right now
u wot?
>>378641289
It's EA you can play it all you want and return it for less than it costs when it comes out.
>>
>>378641782
>It's EA you can play it all you want

Why would I want to play this garbage?
>>
>>378642052
I'm not telling you what to play, I'm saying there's no 2 hour limit on refunds for EA games retard.
>>
>>378642130
What about the 14 days time limit? Does it still apply?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.