[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/ memes you fell for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 22

File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
/v/ memes you fell for
>>
File: squad.jpg (109KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
squad.jpg
109KB, 460x215px
This piece of shit

I thought I'd enjoy it because dickheads on /v/ swore it was amazing and a super realistic combat game

It's just a shit modern red orchestra, the controls are snowflake tier, the maps are shite and the devs clearly have no knowledge of how ballistics or recoil works
>>
Do you mean you ended up liking it or hating it? The majority of people here seem to hate DL but I found it pretty great.
>>
>>378629286
>the devs clearly have no knowledge of how ballistics or recoil works
but you do because you're a super tacticool elite operator with years of experience, right?
>>
>>378629319
It was better than mirrors edge and Derp Island
>>
>>378629128

dying light is probably the best single player game in the zombie sub genre.
>>
>>378629128
been wanting to pick this up, but ive been playing persona 5, have Nier and Nioh after that too
>>
File: Verdun_(video_game).jpg (25KB, 250x344px) Image search: [Google]
Verdun_(video_game).jpg
25KB, 250x344px
>>378629286
Same with this
Hated BF1, bought this piece of trash because /v/ praised it as a masterpiece, and surprise surprise it's garbage
>>
>>378629128
This trash.
How about you people play a good game once in a while before you shill soulless creation.
>>
>>378629319
Hated it. Crafting was stupid, weapons didn't last long and the story is non existent
>>
File: Dead By Daylight.jpg (465KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dead By Daylight.jpg
465KB, 1920x1080px
Can't remember the last time I touched it.
>>
>>378629319
Same here. Thought it will be like Far Cry with zombie but turns out to be better than Far Cry in every aspect.
>>
>>378630239
kinda sounds like botw
>>
>>378630239
What was stupid about the crafting? Do you mean the unrealistic weapon mods, the mechanics for crafting or the lack of more varied shit to craft? It was barebones and I wish it had more prevalence, that's for sure. Weapons last longer when you get the necessary skills and start using higher tier weapons anon and I definitely agree with you on the plot. The characters were entertaining, at least, but the plot was fucking boring as shit.

>>378630369
Why bring up BotW all of a sudden?
>>
>>378630615
your description reminded me of it is all
>>
>>378630757
My description of what?
>>
>>378630824
sorry, not yours, the description in >>378630239
>>
>>378630615
>What was stupid about the crafting?
It felt shoehorned in because nowadays every game must have crafting. And parts of it in DL were fucking stupid. Crafting Medikits? Yeah, ok. But crafting freezing throwing stars or a flaming sword? Come on.
>>
>>378629128
This is unironically the best zombie game I've played though.
>>
>>378630920
>i hate fun ideas
>>
>>378630920
>But crafting freezing throwing stars or a flaming sword? Come on.
True. It would be less of a problem if the game's tone isn't as serious as it is but the game ends up being serious in cutscenes while having flaming swords, comically huge SWAT zombies, Spiderman grappling hook and other shit. I agree that it's not tonally consistent with itself at all but I'd hardly call that a problem with the crafting, more a problem with the game's overall tone.

Crafting was basic as fuck but it is pretty useful since you can get needed equipment out in the field instead of having to trek back to a merchant to buy from them instead. I agree that it needs more expansion so it isn't so basic though.
>>
>>378629128
>love zombie games
>saw a trailer for this game
>hyped as fuck
>avoided as much news about it as possible so i wouldn't get any spoilers
>day of release
>oh boy i finally get to play it
>start the game
>i'm a fuckin muslim
>realize it's sjw trash

uninstalled never played again
>>
>>378631201
Exactly what I was thinking. It's supposed to be a horror adventure game (and it is pretty spooky at night) in a more serious and "realistic" zombie setting.

Crafting shurikens out of mushrooms, scrap metal and screws that turn zombies into ice on impact doesn't fit in. This is something you would expect to find in Dead Rising

Another thing I hated was the stamina. If I remember correctly you could only hit them limited times (with the shitty melee weapons which break after 10 hits) until you had to rest, which is super retarded and the opposite of fun
>>
>>378631391
>i'm a fuckin muslim
>realize it's sjw trash
wat, look guy I hate niggers but for starters neither of those are true.
>>
>>378631391
>named kyle crane
>from Chicago
>somehow a muslim
Are you retarded?
>>
>>378631391
>i'm a fuckin muslim
Your name is Kyle Crane and you're a white dude in the game. I don't know how you managed to avoid this information, anon.

>>378631441
True and I doubt a sequel (if there ever is any) would opt for a more realistic tone anon. If it really bothers you that much, then I guess this just isn't for you at all. The thing about the stamina is alleviated after you get more skill points in the combat tree. Subsequent basic tree upgrades will give you more combat stamina until you reach the final upgrade which grants unlimited stamina. The same goes for the agility tree.
>>
>>378631441
Hence the progression system. Towards the end you could tear through hordes with a two handed sword. Without it I'd say the game would have been just a hack and slash like dead rising.
>>
>>378629128
Dying light is an amazing open world coop game, loved it.
>>
File: 1474903233180.png (70KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1474903233180.png
70KB, 288x288px
>>378629128
>guns and ammunition are available at every vendor
>eventually you're swimming in money because of selling other guns
>no reason to use melee weapons

What a shit game
>>
File: melt.jpg (49KB, 483x504px) Image search: [Google]
melt.jpg
49KB, 483x504px
>>378631679
I would need friends for that
>>
>>378631679
get out, shill
>>
>>378631391
It's a horrible game but you're just stupid.
>>
Good, but hardly anything great.
>>
>>378631696
You can only carry a small amount of ammo and can only buy them on normal and easy. Plus, shooting alerts virals and volatiles, sending them running to you.
>>
>>378629286
That wasn't /v/, those were shills. Squad is garbage and the marketers have been shitting up the place for months.
>>
>>378629563
>>378630290
These are the only 2 games that where overhyped but actually garbage.
All the other games posted actually had redeemable fun things about them and would satisfy most people actually interested in the genre.

The problem is there's a bunch of retards on /v/ that think even if they don't like a genre or type of game, they'll somehow magically like the one that a bunch of people are talking about even though it's something they wouldn't normally enjoy anyway.
And then if they didn't like it for personal reasons the game is automatically shit.

It's some of the truest autism I've ever been exposed to in large quantities.
>>
>>378631858
>small amount of ammo
>70ish rounds for a shotgun
>plus a significant amount of assault rifle and pistol ammunition
>>
Dying Light was like a good Dead Island.
>>
>>378632084
which is still mediocre because dying light was an obnoxious crash-fest
>>
>>378632156
sorry i mean dead island was an obnoxious crash-fest*
>>
>>378631596
On hardcore you don't become overpowered before getting infinite stamina, you still die in a few hit
But if you're playing the Following you can become some kind of human god
Also you can simply not modding weapons, you spare time not collecting shit in every houses you go trough and keep the stuff for utilities and molotov/shurikens
Bare weapons looks cooler in most cases
>>
>>378631127
>crafting in dying light was fun
Did we play the same game?
>>
>>378632005
You're not kidding about the shotgun rounds, I never bothered using them and had no idea they went that high. You can have 90 pistol rounds and 180 rifle rounds, but they need headshots to do any significant damage on hard.

Still, you should play it on Hard. At the very least, the game doesn't let you buy ammo anymore so there's at least some challenge to it. Plus, virals and volatiles come at you in greater numbers and do much more damage so you'll want to keep guns to a minimum.
>>
>>378632287
>explosions aren't fun
m8
>>
This epick cinematic experience
>>
File: Dying_Light_cover.jpg (30KB, 284x351px) Image search: [Google]
Dying_Light_cover.jpg
30KB, 284x351px
>>378629128
>dying light
nigga this is a god tier single player, bro ops and zombie game.
Best zombie game so far.
How is this a meme
>>
>>378632353
>crafting is explosions now
Are we speaking on the same terms?
>>
>/v/ doesn't like Dying Light

Wow, I'm sure glad I'm not a fucking. Or on who cares what you all think. I went in nearly blind, and I had a blast the entire time.
>>
>>378632435
/v/ does like Dying Light, we have decently long threads about it all the time.
Why would OP make this thread if /v/ hated it?
>>
>>378632435
>/v/ doesn't like Dying Light
Does /v/ like anything? Name uno (1) good game the whole of 4chan's video games board agrees on
>>
>>378632326
I really never bother using guns, the sound a shot produce is the same as an explosion ? Like a shot = 2 virals ?
>>
File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
I don't understand . It's like there is a collective faux attraction for this game hanging over this board like a nasty, poisonous mist. It's like each and every one of the posters who praise this game try to outdo the others by going to greater extends of buzzwords and hyperboles. Comments like "it's the best game I've ever played" aren't rare. Yet, for all the hype for its story, difficulty, character development and atmosphere, it just falls flat. It truly is a rolling simulator with a handful of mechanics you need to understand. When you inevitably do master these mechanics, the game becomes trivial.
>>
>>378630920
>But crafting freezing throwing stars or a flaming sword
wtf are you retarded, it's a game, it isn't going for super realism ffs.
It is going for fun gameplay, which DL has.
you can craft a paper aeroplane that decimates entire hordes of zombies.
the crafting just expanded on what they did in dead island
>>
>>378632383

I don't think you know what that means
>>
>>378632403
Of course we're not, he first guy talked about the unrealistic weapons being fun, not crafting you retard
>>
>>378629497
What a dumbass statement. Nice leddit spacing, too.
>>
>>378632553
You sound like a 10 year old
>>
>>378632524
I'm not entirely sure but an explosion spawns 5+ virals on Hard. I hardly bother with guns since they gave us the bow and crossbow. There's just no reason to go for guns at all anymore.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
Every element is mediocre and it ends up less than the sum of its parts.
>ram button
What the fuck man.
>>
>>378632547
I've said this to people before but with you I'm sincere: kill yourself
>>
>>378632547
I mostly agree. I thought it was a decent game though, but I didn't finish it.
>>
File: XD.jpg (19KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
XD.jpg
19KB, 499x499px
>>378632547
>It's like each and every one of the posters who praise this game try to outdo the others by going to greater extends of buzzwords and hyperboles.
>>
>>378632223
Infinite stamina takes time to get, I played the entire game and all side quests in single player before I tried co op (get more XP in co op) and I got to save zones at ight (more xp at night) and after I had finished it all I still had to grind agility out to max it out for max stamina.
The 2 OP things in DL is the grapeling hook, which you get late game and do not have to use, and camoflauge, again, late game and optional.
All the fun weapons or comical weapons are advoidable and you dont have to craft them, and guns are late game or bullets are scarce early game that you don't become OP too soon.

It has a great progression system, and a great loot system.

after the following update I duped mods and items and boosted my levels up anyway because I was too underpowered on nightmare mode.
>>
>>378632547
>>It's like each and every one of the posters who praise this game try to outdo the others by going to greater extends of buzzwords and hyperboles.
Why is this so fucking true
>>
>Emulated MGS1
>Bought a cheap ps3 and played through the MGS collection, watched Peace Walker because fuck the PSP
>Game of the millennium is finally out
>The epic conclusion of the great saga, a 10/10 game that won't ever be forgotten, based Kojima etc etc etc

Even the multiplayer was trash, I'm still fucking mad and I'll never listen to /v/ ever again
>>
>>378632547
>>378632730
Lol it was too hard for these babbies
>>
>>378632862
Do you mean pre-release hype?
MGSV seems mostly (rightfully) derided from what I've seen.
>>
>>378632646
I thought it was really fun
Except that if you now buy the full edition or whatever you'll start with 2.000.000, cars and guns, removing any sense of progression
Also what the fuck was up with the sci-fi weapons
>>
>>378629128
Fuck that game OP. It's the only game I've ever actually sold. It was a boring piece of shit Parkour simulator.
>>
>>378629319
I thought it was fun as fuck. HARDCORE PARKOUR around the city and bashing in zambie heads. The online MP was fun too, just randomly hooking up with assholes to do a mission or two. The game really turns on for me at night when the enemies pose an actual threat until you get stacked with decent gear.
Never did the DLC, got distracted by other shit.
>>
>>378632986
>I thought it was really fun
Low standards I guess.
>>
>>378632950
>pre-release hype
Yes
I can't fully blame /v/, everything looked so good tho
STANDING
>>
>>378633051
The combats were pretty tight, and the ambiance was pretty original
The missions were fun
What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>378629128
This is one of the best fps single player games released in the past few years.

It's one of those games I wanted to finish my day as fast as possible so I could go home and play, a feeling I haven't been able to replicate in years.

It does a better job at feeling post apocalyptic than Fallout 4 does, and has a better story and quest structure, If you didn't like it I feel bad for you.

>>378631847
>Hollow knight
It's a gem amongst a pile of horse shit, music, art style and fun game play, what more could you want?
>>378632383
>Sleepy dogs
Got memed into this, would have stomached it if every vehicle didn't have wheels of soap and the roads weren't made from margarine.
>>378632862
>MGS TPP
>Requires SSE 4.1
Suck dicks devs.
>>
IMAGINE

IMAGINE getting memed into a game by fucking /v/. A cesspool of degenerates, contrarians and overall low intelligence shitposters with literally no end game. Imagine the complete lack of critical thinking you must have to fall for their recommendations, whether they’re ironic or just awful opinions. Imagine the lack of top of mind resources to go to to find ACTUAL information about a game a person must have to listen to any recommendation on 4chan, let alone fucking /v/. There are social network sites, review sites, video game websites. There are forums and many more resources where you can find genuine advice, based on more than buzzwords and memes.
>>
>>378633294
>Hollow Knight
>gem

>complaining about SSE 4.1
It's not the game's fault you have a CPU from 2006 or older.
>>
>>378629128
Wat. This shit is the single best zombie singleplayer game out there.
Had a blast playing through it solo and in coop with my brother.

>>378629319
I thought most of /v/ actually liked this game.
>>
>>378632853
I find that the jumping on zombies skill is also pretty broken, until you get the grappling hook
>>
File: VTMB_800x600.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
VTMB_800x600.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
>>378629128
Horrible combat, floaty controls, bugs, unrewarding exploration, the last third of the game is downright bad.
>>
>>378632598
It's a scripted sequence with light brawler sequences
>>
>>378632862
I was the opposite. /v/ hated it and I loved it. Despite its flaws, MGS4 has more finality. This one felt like a fanfic with really good gameplay
>>
>>378632547
this game and all like it are boring as fuck.
>>
>>378629563
What's so bad about Verdun?
Other than that it's dead ofc.
>>
>>378632853
Again, I didn't use the hook at all because parkour is useless then, and used camouflage only when fighting big guys
I found that the progression level fit very well, but my parkour skills were at their maximum when I was like lvl 20 at face smashing, I assume it depends the way you played
>>
>>378633628
>I thought most of /v/ actually liked this game.
Nah. I've even created a lot of DL threads since it was released and I can safely say the majority either hates it or just finds it mediocre. Also, a lot just writes it off as 'another zombie game' and I wouldn't blame them for it. DL came out at the height of the zombie games' craze and admittedly does have a lot of basic, barebones or mediocre aspects of it.

Even having said all that, the things the game does do well really clicks with me and I still have fun playing it to this day.

>>378633039
You should give the DLC a try if you have it. The new map doesn't have much in terms of verticality but it does have some great climbs and the buggy is good fun too.
>>
>>378635179
I used the grappeling hook in old town, it just makes traversal so much better, and i only really used camouflage to kill bolters, but If I was ever in a pinch it's always an option.
It doesn't really matter, you can gimp yourself and not use skills and usle low level weapons if you want. All the fun weapons are optional too.

I hope we get a dying light 2 announcement at E3 desu senpai
>>
>>378631391
weak bait faggot.
>>
>>378635179
And I never did multiplayer or co-op
I just realized I didn't play half of the game
>>
File: yzx68v380o0z.jpg (157KB, 1113x1723px) Image search: [Google]
yzx68v380o0z.jpg
157KB, 1113x1723px
>gf accidentally posted on instagram her bragging about sucking a classmates' dick

Can /v/ recommend me a game to get over an embarrassing heartbreak?
>>
>>378631391
Woah, /pol/s looking pretty good guys!
>>
>>378636249

Did you both agree to be exclusive with each other? If not, then she did nothing wrong. Plus a blowjob is barely cheating. When I date someone, we're both open to see other people until we move in with each other.
>>
>>378635652
I really liked running on the cables between building blocks

>I hope we get a dying light 2 announcement at E3 desu senpai
I daydream about it sometimes too and then I get sad
>>
>>378632862
>Another little bitch who was expecting a whole new entry into the mgs canon instead of what it was always meant to be, something to tie up the few dangling plot threads left in the story and be fun while it does so
You poor thing, did the mean Kojima not give you what you wanted, how dare he finish something to do new stuff, he should do exactly what you want right?
>>
>>378636505
>I really liked running on the cables between building blocks
yeah the balancing wobble mechanic really gives you the feels of being high, and the sound of the wind when you are high like on the bridge in the slums.
couldn't play that game at first without a crosshair.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 310x163px
Oh boy are we going to escort a payload or defend a spot? I can't wait to find out.
>>
>>378632514
There is none,but there are games where 90% of /v/ agrees its good
>>
>>378632625
>if you enjoy having fun you're a child
>>
>>378636498
Holy shit you're a literal cuck
>>
>>378629128
Dying Light was a good game with an unfortunate QTE final boss fight, but only after a pretty good parkour segment
>>
>>378633461
>There are social network sites, review sites, video game websites. There are forums and many more resources where you can find genuine advice, based on more than buzzwords and memes.
Name 1 (one) good review forum, site, channel.
>>
File: rising-storm-2-logo.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rising-storm-2-logo.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Camping is really fun!!
>>
>>378637818
>but only after a pretty good parkour segment
That entire end mission was amazing up till the QTE. Shit was fun as fuck to haul ass non-stop up a building, into the sewers and get chased by a shitton of volatiles and up the building again.
>>
>>378637818
Yeah Raïs fight was so fucking lame
I really hoped it was gonna be a fight like his with main man, slamming you down with one it, taking a fuckload of damages
Damned QTE
>>
>>378629286
>>378631972
niche game, some people such as myself genuinely enjoy it.
>the maps are shite and the devs clearly have no knowledge of how ballistics or recoil works
well if you think that I'm glad you didn't like the game, hopefully squad will always turn off underage gamers
>>
>>378638251
not as bad as far cry 3 boss fights so least we have that
>>
>>378639134
fc3 bosses > retarded fallout bosses who survive 100000 bullets to the head
>>
>>378638057
It's still installing, did I just get meme'd before even playing the game?
>>
>>378629128

Not even google search that fetish parody of a game what a discgrace.
You play a milf slut and do some combos of which only 3 are viable. It starts with B and ends with ayonetta. What a shit game. Would love to see a looped gif which shows how ryu stabs that slut over and over again
>>
File: 1496138364259.png (15KB, 190x157px) Image search: [Google]
1496138364259.png
15KB, 190x157px
>>378636498
>t.
>>
>>378629128
EDF 4.1
Nier Automata
>>
File: 1494149265376517424.jpg (19KB, 472x462px) Image search: [Google]
1494149265376517424.jpg
19KB, 472x462px
>>378643928
shit taste
>>
File: Demon's_Souls.jpg (104KB, 256x295px) Image search: [Google]
Demon's_Souls.jpg
104KB, 256x295px
even fucking dark souls 2 is better than this boring mess.
>>
So if I understand right, the Dying Light The Following Enhanced Edition contains every piece of content for Dying Light?
>>
Gravity Rush
Rising Storm 2
Wolfenstein The New Order
Alan Wake
Mass Effect
MGR
Amnesia TDD
Victor Vran
Limbo
>>
File: header.jpg (55KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
55KB, 460x215px
>>378629497
wrong.
>>
>>378646018
not every, they released 4 cosmetic, buggy and weapon packs after the enhanced edition, but yeah all the major and free DLC before that.
Tbh senpai, the following is as big in scope as the main game, but not as big of a story.
the other DLC is parkour challenges around the map, and a trial mode, that is actually very hard especially solo.
you get a bow for completing it, but iirc they give you the bow for free now anyway as it was too hard for a lot of people.
I haven't even got the special arrows from that DLC as there is autism levels of refining the challenge involved.

well worth the cash if you are thinking of buying it
>>
>>378629128
I liked it. Fug you op
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.