[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way for this piece of shit to work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Deadly_Premonition_cover_art.jpg (41KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Deadly_Premonition_cover_art.jpg
41KB, 256x315px
Is there a way for this piece of shit to work?
>>
dpfix and whatever reshade preset you like will fix literally everything
>>
>>378629149
No, the site who had the fix is down.
>>
>>378629149
I did the DPfix and all that and the game still crashes on me, like it would reach a certain spot and crash consistently so I never bothered and I just bought the console version and finished it and I never looked back, fuck the PC version.
>>
>>378629840
its been down for ages, go to the steam community hub and click on the fixes collection.
>>
File: 1481099505180.jpg (127KB, 789x792px) Image search: [Google]
1481099505180.jpg
127KB, 789x792px
You can go through all the fixes but while it'll run better, it's still a toss-up whether it'll crash on start up or play for hours when you run the game. The port is that bad. I had a chapter where saving at every single phone was mandatory due to the frequency of crashes, thought that was gonna be the end of my playthrough at the time

Also make sure to sort the vertical aiming bug before the final boss fight. Can't quite remember if doing that fucks something else, if so just use the flamethrower for ceiling enemies and only fix it before the boss. Nothing worse than going into the final phase and realising it's impossible to win
>>
>>378628998
no
>>
>>378628998
Seems legit
>>
>>378628998
Yes, play it on console.
>>
>>378628998
Call for help.
>>
>>378629149
Steam Refund worked just fine for me.
>>
>>378634430
ebin
>>
Yes, learn japanese and play the original Xbox 360 version, another acceptable option is the jap PS3 version if you don't have xbox.
>>
>>378634649
Why jap?
The eng console version works fine.
>>
>>378635561
Translated PS3 versions have huge framerate problems, I think the eng xbox 360 version also had minor problems if I remember correctly but nothing major like the PS3 one.
>>
>>378628998
It's fuckin Deadly Premonition.
It ain't supposed to run good.
>>
>>378628998
i played it just fine on steam
>>
i played it on 360, had a grand old time
>>
I ran into so many crashes when I had the town hall meeting near the beginning of the game. I loved it so far, but the game screen kept going black during conversations.
I think I fixed it by running it in windowed mode or changing some of the DPfix settings

I should probably play it again sometime
>>
works fine on my machine
>>
>>378628998
ps3 version works fine

for deadly premonition. it still has framerate problems and shit
>>
I've managed to get this running and I've installed the fixes and reshade. The only problem is this weird shit with the camera control stick where moving it up and down moves the camera left and right and vice versa. I've tried googling this problem but I couldn't find anything
>>
why bother?
it's a shit game
gameplay is super clunky and story is super corny, cheesy and hammy. le movie references, le steven king, le lynch, le coffe, le food obsession
>>
>>378630000
>>378628998
For me DPfix by itself worked for almost the entire game, then at the beginning of the last chapter it crashed and to get it to work again I had to switch to windowed.
>>
>>378628998
this cant be good right
>>
>>378641024
It has a charmingly cheesy story, memorable characters, a catchy soundtrack, and the gameplay is serviceable.
>>
Why does my version lag as soon as I start the game?
>>
File: 1413121572839.gif (1019KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1413121572839.gif
1019KB, 500x373px
>>378628998
trying to keep this game running is a meta game in itself.

You are going to need dpfix and fuck arround with some settings. Start the game from the exe, not from steam
Everything running good? Well fuck you, game is going to crash anyways after some time of play. So run to the nearest save point whenever you see one like your life depends on it, even if that means backtracking.
So you think you can handle that?
Wait a second we´re not done here.
The game will crash at certain parts everytime, so if you reached one of those dreaded partsfor example cutscene where FK is seen through a window, or cutscene where you are behind the diner) you do this:
Exit the game, disable / delete / rename anything related to enb, set the exe to compatibility mode for windows 7.
Now, this will make you pass those parts that crash every time, but it also wrecks the performance of the game and the fps will degrade over time until you are playing a slideshow.
So play through those parts, switch everything back and continiue.
You will have to do this often.

have fun
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.