[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me why this game has a grind number (AP) that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-Legion_cover.jpg (48KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Legion_cover.jpg
48KB, 250x354px
Can someone tell me why this game has a grind number (AP) that goes into the BILLIONS and BILLIONS?
>>
Because it's just you can put points into for a minimal power increase but still feel like you get something out of farming AP.

No sane person cares about that trait after the first rank.
>>
Because keep paying for that subscription goyim?
>>
>>378626893
>No sane person cares about that trait after the first rank.
casual scum detected
>>
>>378626959
500 extra dps is not a lot to care about.
>>
File: 1438566063709.gif (1MB, 270x235px) Image search: [Google]
1438566063709.gif
1MB, 270x235px
>>378627252
>>
>>378626817
Because Blizzard are addicted to ridiculous number scaling models. Just look at the retarded numbers D3 goes into and having to do the number squishes in WoD.
>>
Because Legion is all about providing minor, boring, yet addictive distractions while they produce very short lived, actually fun content. I enjoyed it from what I played but when it came down to just doing world quests daily and waiting for the next raid tier, I couldn't do it. It's like playing Diablo III on a time limit, it's not worth paying 15 bucks a month for, in my opinion.
>>
>>378626817
it's an MMORPG
>>
File: memegar.jpg (121KB, 790x525px) Image search: [Google]
memegar.jpg
121KB, 790x525px
>>378626817
>the grind gets worse with every expansion
>>
The "grind" is for the literal retards, anything past 52 traits is an extremely minor increase that even mythic raiders don't care about
>>
File: 1494816089105.png (471KB, 692x466px) Image search: [Google]
1494816089105.png
471KB, 692x466px
>played WoW since it came out
>never had a gf
>wanted more than anything to get a gf, introduce her to WoW, and play together
>legion made me quit out of boredom
>finally get a gf
>there is no WoW to go back to
>>
>>378629013
It's for the best, anon.
It's for the best.
>>
>>378626893
You wont get into any decent guilds without a high enough level. Are you a casualshit that never saw mythic raids?

The main reason i quit is this fucking retarded requirement to grind grind grind to stay on top. Mythic+ is also mandatory, every week you must go high then open your good goy chest whose items are based on PURE LUCK. Too much time spent just to properly be ready for progression
>>
>>378629092
I'm a casual shitter who's progressing mythic gul'dan
>>
File: U0F0vK4.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
U0F0vK4.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>WoW's lead dev fw
>>
>>378626817
>why this game has a grind number (AP) that goes into the BILLIONS and BILLIONS?
Because when it went into the MILLIONS and MILLIONS people were still willing to do it to be the best.
>>
>>378629013
>played WoW off and on since vanilla
>never had a gf
>raided 3-4 nights a week every expansion
>get a gf
>legion rolls about and another guild of friends is built
>transfer and go to my first raid with them
>gf isn't getting attention and decides to want to fuck
>fuckit.exe
>afk through heroic botanist and elisande
>they notice on elisande and any chance of joining ends because fellow tryhard gm didn't like it
It really is for the best
>>
>>378629314
noooooooo you need twelve concordance traits and bis leggos to be good at this game its all about luck man i cant help being shit its luck i tell you
>>
when is the new expansion coming out?
>>
>>378626817
It could have gone into the tens of thousands if they hadn't implemented AK, causing even the most basic of AP tokens to give millions of points. But then you would either

A: be locked into one character for the entirety of the expansion and starting late would be very heavily penalized or
B: have to make the grind end at some point (aka no paragon system) which would mean poor old ActiBlizz losing out on subscriber $$.

With 7.2 we've moved from A a lot closer to B though, so I'm happy.
>>
File: 1495555063700.jpg (24KB, 429x479px) Image search: [Google]
1495555063700.jpg
24KB, 429x479px
>>378629828
>gf isn't getting attention and decides to want to fuck
So your gf can't handle not getting attention for a single raid?
>>
>>378630118
There's at least another 10 months of Legion left.
>>
>>378626817
it goes into the trillions.
if you could somehow grind ap all day every day spamming dungeons it would take you multiple decades to reach the max level. i'm not making this up, someone did the math.
>>
>>378630965
fuuuck
i want a new expansion
>>
>>378631080
yeah it was like 7000 years to max it out or something like that
>>
>>378626817
because they put a dumb multiplier on it thats absolutely out of control now.

basically cookie clicker.
>>
blizz moved their diablo team to work on wow.
>>
>>378627512
Basically this
This entire expansion, and especially this patch in particular, is Blizzard trying to find ways to make people keep playing instead of the normal drop-off that they have during long periods with no content. So now they've added Artifact Knowledge and Power to keep people in the game, because if someone decides to stop playing until the next big content patch then they know that they'll be far behind the people who continued to play and farm AP.

They've also added weekly storyline quests that you have to complete in order to unlock your class' flying mount. But the quests are just tedious grinds and don't actually have any story in them.
The worst one so far is to collect 10 chests that spawn on the new loot island which normally isn't that difficult since the chests are all over the place, but once you accept the quest suddenly the chest spawn rate drops substantially and they become more rare to stumble upon, not to mention that you're also trying to find them while everyone else on the server is as well.
>>
>>378631395
The worst one is the one for this week: Complete 3 Legionfall Order Hall Missions.
>>
>>378631395
>They've also added weekly storyline quests that you have to complete in order to unlock your class' flying mount. But the quests are just tedious grinds and don't actually have any story in them.

This was because they frontloaded their weeklies (which ended in empowering your artifact) at the last minute, forcing them to make up some shit for the weeklies later (which turned out to be shit, as expected). They were really supposed to be like the weeklies leading up to Suramar, which were pretty cool.
>>
>>378630118
They won't announce one until Blizzcon at the earliest, and that isn't until November.
Enjoy running Tomb for another year+
>>
>>378631536
nah i quit since all of my friends quit
but im pretty sure they would come around again for a new expansion
>>
>>378631462
Are these quests just supposed to show up in my mission list or something? I haven't seen anything.
>>
>>378629828
Faggots like you are are the cancer that is killing wow. You literally don't have the will to tell your gf to fuck off or wait until your done? Jesus dude can you be anymore of a cuck?
>>
>>378631612
There's a new one every Tuesday at the hub on the Broken Shore.
>>
>>378631612
it's just simply a mission who's location is in the broken isles. there's no special indicator or anything, you just click the mission and look at there it is.
>>
because they decided to lift shit from diablo 3, and diablo 3 is basically just a paragon grind simulator, where it requires billions upon billions to get paragon levels after a point

the sad thing is, all this shit shows about blizzard, is that they are incapable of horizontal progression, they could really take a page out of FFXIs book in that regard, considering they already did with relics and shit. Or maybe they took that from FFXIV but FFXIV lifted most of its shit from XI so same difference
>>
>>378631607
All my friends stopped playing as well. The only reason I'm still going is because my gametime was already paid until July with tokens.
Now I'm just farming gold to buy tokens so that I can use them to buy Destiny 2.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.