[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people play Diablo-likes? What's the appeal of getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: poe.jpg (706KB, 1064x1349px) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
706KB, 1064x1349px
Why do people play Diablo-likes? What's the appeal of getting gear if there is no real use for it aside from killing braindead AI faster?
>>
>>378625805
What do people play any singleplayer games for if all gear/weapons/tools/whatever have no real use except for being used in the game?
>>
>>378625906
Story, pretty much.

I'll go for gear if it is an MMO/multiplayer game. If it is single player, fucking grinding. I'll finish the story and that's about it.
>>
>>378625805
It's largely an psychological thing. People like to see numbers get bigger, even if there is no actual skills towards making them bigger, just time invested.

Just look at borderlands, cookie clicker, warframe, disgaea, and all other games like that. There's no actual skill in playing them, just having bigger numbers than opponents.

That said, it can be a fun visual spectacle and some abilities are kinda fun to use and see the reactions to them.

loot is also an addiction as well. Like a monkey gambling.
>>
>>378625805
only diablo-like game i've ever liked is The Division because it doesnt have mind-numbing boring ass gameplay like Diablo
>>
My computer is a toaster, been thinking about getting into one of the older diablos. Which one is better?
>>
>>378626178
1 is more atmospheric and cool
>>
>>378626304
any essential mods? I assume a resolution mod is a must
>>
>>378626374
Play it vanilla (that is without Hellfire).
>>
>>378626374
nothing is a must

just play the fucking game instead of immediately trying to mod everything

goddamn
>>
>>378626584
damn dude chill, just wondering if its going to be in a shit tier resolution that I wouldn't be able to see anything in
>>
>>378625805
Fristly, they are addicted. Secondly, they derive a sense of status from having better randomly generate shit than others.
>>
>>378625984
Grinding is fine in single player games if they challenge you while you grind.

Like monster hunter.
>>
>>378626742
Sorry anon, it's just that I'm SO FUCKING SICK of people who make Fallout/STALKER/dwarf fortress/random other game threads where they say "dis is my furst time playaying hwat 50 mods should i download?", and then later we have tons of people talking about the games like they are fucking great and amazing in every way, without admitting that they were playing modded versions and that their opinions don't fucking matter at all on the games because they didn't play the actual game.
>>
>>378625805
theyre about character building and discovering fun builds
>>
>>378625805
Diablo-likes are like Pinatas
You play it for the rush you feel at the second the loot drops, even if it's 98% liquorice, you hope that there will be that ONE candy you love, and you'll forget about it 5 minute later.
>>
>>378626742
It was released in 1996. Just man up.
>>
>>378626374
>any essential mods?
You sound like some typical FoNV thread starter.
>>
>>378627121
>>378627118
I didn't mean any gameplay changers. Just unofficial patches or bug fixes. Touchy.
>>
>>378627178
kaffir
>>
>>378626563
Hellfire is super useful for moving faster in town, why would you not install it? Purity? You don't want more enemies and quests and stuff in general?
>>
>>378627301
cooze
>>
Casuals play games that reward time spent.
>>
File: Screenshot004.jpg (485KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot004.jpg
485KB, 800x600px
who Median XL here?
>>
They are addicted to sweet rewards based on RNG. It's no different from a gambling addiction, Diablo clones is a long running meme that's taking forever to die.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.