[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can trust Nintendo to pull a MASSIVE hit regularly. First

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: download (3).jpg (25KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
25KB, 800x444px
You can trust Nintendo to pull a MASSIVE hit regularly. First it was the Wii (still the best selling console ever) now it's the Switch.

Why can Nintendo pull that off while Sony and M$ are always predictable? is it because Nintendo risks innovating? while the other two just want to sell grossly overpriced low-range closed source PCs?
>>
File: 1489993942520.gif (185KB, 673x379px) Image search: [Google]
1489993942520.gif
185KB, 673x379px
>>378625570
>>
>>378625570
Yes.

/thread
>>
>>378625614

Don't be facetious nigga, post an updated one with the last 3 years and Sony must be doing great thanks to the PS4
>>
>>378625614
That's finances, not indication of why the other two companies are creatively bankrupt.
>>
I fucking hate console wars but I'll bite if only so there can be one post here that isn't just talking shit.

To me it's obvious that every one of them has had their moments in the sun in the 21st century but to start with Sony they seem to get theirs not by actually going out and making the best games possible but by trying to game the market with money hatting and trying to find ways in which to screw over the competitions projects. They seem like the most reactionary of the bunch since the PS3 era especially that either outspends the competition in marketing gimmicks to try to compensate or finds ways to stack the deck in their favor for crucial revenue periods so that they inevitably come out of it with circumstances in their favor.

Conversely while Nintendo seems to have a knack for getting out on the cutting edge of trends to a pretty consistent degree as well as for overall quality of their first party games, where they tend to fall behind is how they handle marketing their hardware as well as manufacturing it in quick enough numbers to meet demand. If Sony overkills it in trying to sell people on shit, Nintendo undersells their own brands far too often. So far that hasn't happened with the Switch and it's ability to speak for itself probably bodes well for them provided Sony doesn't succeed in it's usual strategies of trying to throw monkey wrenches into the competition or squeeze them out of things. The fact that it's this portable system that unlike the Wii U developers actually seem to see the advantages of might make this harder to do.

I have nothing to say for the Xbox One brand honestly. It's just like a Playstation 4 that does pretty much the same stuff only with a way smaller library and user base for it's networking features. Until the Scorpio comes out which is supposed to push the graphical capabilities of consoles to the next level I'm really not sure what it's selling point or strategy is supposed to be or look like.
>>
>>378625570

> while the other two just want to sell grossly overpriced low-range closed source PCs?

Microshit is now pushing their shit console on Windows. It pisses me off so much every time I see that ugly X on "Games for Windows"
>>
>>378626218
> Until the Scorpio comes out which is supposed to push the graphical capabilities of consoles to the next level

LOL the Scorpio's level is "mid range settings" on PC.
>>
>>378626219
They killed the xbox brand with their shit marketing and lack of videogames, of course they're going to try to push the only platform left that they really control on the market. And even then, that's dominated by the likes of Steam, GOG, and Origin. Microsoft and Sony both have a big issue right now, and that's the fact that both are creatively bankrupt in ALL their business divisions and losing market relevance and money each year. Sony's movie studios are in the shitter and they rely on their financial branch to make any money, and Microsoft has been consistently making shittier products and dumb decisions for the past few years.
>>
>>378626218
>provided Sony doesn't succeed in it's usual strategies of trying to throw monkey wrenches into the competition or squeeze them out of things.
Example?
>>
Better watch out, implying anything negative about Sony on this board is a death sentence.
>>
>>378626450

Sony camera division is stronger than ever (multi-billion dollars market). The PS4 is selling extremely well and their TV and audio business literally resurrected. The only market were they still suck is smarthphones.

But yeah, as long as they have their financial division (they're the biggest sellers of insurance packages in Asia, including Korea and China) they can survive anything.
>>
>>378626526

The whole money hatting popular games to try to make them console exclusive during at least the key revenue period for them among other things. Look up the deal with Activision and Call of Duty as just an example but there's plenty of others. Deliberately having sales and price drops right as the competitions new consoles are coming out or trying to release key lineup exclusive games to offset other consoles launches as well.

I mainly feel like if they spent as much time just trying to improve their own brands instead of just trying to slow everybody else down specially in access to 3rd party support (again I'm not sure they're going to be able to do it as easily to something kind of outside the box like the Switch) as it seems like they are often doing that they could be doing even better and the whole industry as well. In general it always feels like Sony is chasing after some other brand somehow and every so often they have their own solid hit, but it's nowhere near on the level of consistency of Nintendo it feels and I'm not even sure Microsoft enters the picture. Aside from Halo and Gears of War which up until last year I wasn't even sure was a thing anymore I can't come up with much strong Xbox specific brands.
>>
>>378627160
I see. Still, I don't think they can touch Nintendo. They have the money to buy entire corporations/franchises if they wish and they're going to take over Japan no matter what Sony does. From the games that's been announced from Japan so far, it's usually Switch/PS4 already. Microsoft can afford to fuck up, they did it right with the 360 and they can do it again. It would have been interesting to see what happened if Nintendo and Microsoft didn't fuck up so hard this generation.
>>
>>378626450

I don't think either of those companies are in trouble but I won't deny I'm getting the feeling of creative bankruptcy and just looking for the fastest way to money over possibly putting out something culturally significant and a sudden lack of ambition respectively. It's actually quite astonishing how much Sony and Microsoft contrast in tones right now. Sony seems to always want to have to be seen as at the forefront of everything and just gives this image of the greediest most lowest common denominator pandering company at times while Microsoft just doesn't seem to give a shit at all what happens with their console scene anymore. That basically just leaves Nintendo, the oldest of the bunch to be involved in gaming still kind of sticking to tradition, but even it feels like they're doing things like trying to bait weebs hard lately.
>>
>>378626573
Same goes for nintendo. There are autistic elitists on both sides.
>>
>>378627483

Yeah they can't just go out and buy Nintendo. Maybe merge with them but I don't see why that would make sense as a merger the same way something like Square Enix, Bandai Namco and Koei Tecmo work.
>>
>>378626937
Last time I checked TV was still in trouble as well, but their lineups are looking more and more attractive lately. Smartphone was finally out of the red after laying off so many people. I'm not sure how Sony music is doing, but movies division has been producing shit.
>>
>>378625905
>not indication of why the other two companies are creatively bankrupt.
PS4 and Xbox are literally PCs in a custom form factor
>>
>>378625707
>thanks to the PS4
>revenue is tailed between: Online services, Hardware, Software
>OS makes up 50%, the other 50% is split between H and S
>OS = Paywall (AKA PS+)
yeah, thanks to PS4
>>
File: 6jZmVW0.gif (114KB, 547x307px) Image search: [Google]
6jZmVW0.gif
114KB, 547x307px
>>378628447
>>
>>378628447
>>378628669
>Network includes network services relating to game, video and music content provided by Sony Interactive Entertainment
>Game & Network Services Sales and operating income are both expected to increase significantly year-on-year primarily due to an increase in network sales
Sony literally expect more money out of PS+ and Netflix than hardware and software
>>
>>378625905
>creatively bankrupt.
Partly because of Nintendo's rather small size as a company(compared to behemoths like Sony and M$). Also the culture where the CEO micromanages everyone down to every single detail, which is more plausible on relatively small companies. Think Apple during early Steve Jobs's era. It's the boss's way, or you're out. The good thing about this approach is, once you get a very good ceo, your company is gold until he steps down (or dies).
>>
>>378628869
Just like how Microsoft's biggest cash cow is Azure and Office365?
>>
>>378629354

Nintendo CEOs are usually engineers who worked at the company in the lowest ranks before becoming the bosses. Take a look at Iwata, that guy was an intern programmin eating boxed ramen every single day for two years.
>>
File: most sold consoles of all time.png (132KB, 1064x871px) Image search: [Google]
most sold consoles of all time.png
132KB, 1064x871px
>>378625570
But the PS2 is the best selling console ever
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles
>>
>>378629565
wonder what would be PS2 numbers if you take out all the rebuys from the fucking disk reader failure
>>
>>378629565
And Nintendo was still more profitable. >>378625614
Sony sold a DVD player with easily piratable games, of course it's going to sell a lot.
>>
>>378629545
>eating boxed ramen every single day for two years.
Well, that explains his cancer.
>>
>>378629883

LOL
>>
File: boy.jpg (177KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
boy.jpg
177KB, 500x376px
>>378625570
Mainly because nintendo depends on making hits while sony and microsoft can live off predictability. Nintendo has tried playing the same game before and it just doesn't work well for them.

>muh nintendo should make gamecube 2

Is the most clueless opinion you get to read online and the evidence that people doesn't know how vidya companies stay alive.

Also these

>>378626218
>>378627160
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.