[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The last AVP game was 7 years ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: avp-box-crop.jpg (177KB, 540x362px) Image search: [Google]
avp-box-crop.jpg
177KB, 540x362px
>The last AVP game was 7 years ago
>>
Predators were OP af.
>>
>>378624275
Aren't they in every avp game?
>>
>>378624604
AvP2 was pretty even because all races had op bullshit.
>>
>>378625293
Not all that different here.

>Preds have stealth and a shitload of weapons which 1-2 shot everything
>Aliens can one-shot marines and preds with their tail at full speed which makes them super OP on walls
>Marines have a cheat gun
>>
DONT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN
DONT RELAX JUST YET MARINES
DONT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN
DONT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN
DONT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN
DONT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN
DONT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN
>>
>>378625551
>DONT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN
>DONT RELAX JUST YET MARINES

WAS THAT MOVEMENT?
WAS THAT MOVEMENT?
WAS THAT MOVEMENT?
WAS THAT MOVEMENT?
>>
>the absolute autismfest that is going on in the Steam Community Hub

You think this game is dead?
It sadly isn't.

It has a small community with an incredible amount of salt in it.
If you E-Grab kill someone you will only need to wait for him to make a thread about it or a guide telling everyone not to be a baby like you.

Same if you play pred and use the plasma gun.
Or the disk.
Or if you play predator in general because only the private server admins are allowed to play pred.
>>
My favourite thing about the AvP games is playing alien, and being buddies with other aliens. It's so nice to have these terrifying things on your side, and even caring about them as they throw themselves into marine gunfire and erupt into an acid shower.
>>
question about Alien Isolation: i crouch for a couple of hours already. do i have to crouch the whole game?
>>
>>378623779
Evolution was the last one faggot
>>
Lifecycle in AvP2 was so fucking good.
>>
>>378626463
Its an essential part of the game
>>
>>378626463
Yes.
>>
File: 1489737914043.png (779KB, 600x895px) Image search: [Google]
1489737914043.png
779KB, 600x895px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADqIh9_zAp4
>>
>>378629057
>AVP 2010 got decent reviews with Rebellion wanting to make an improved sequel right away
>SEGA declined because they didn't want another Alien game of that kind next to Colonial Marines because it would split the community
>A:CM happens

SEGA made a terrible mistake
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ftrTx8L7tcBVfGRz67bihGbjsT9sac3g9_a7SOsDDw0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Gimme your suggestions for what you'd like in a new AVP game. If the big shots can't do it, maybe it's time for us fans to try our hand.
>>
>>378625407
Smartgun has a slight delay that's enough to get your head ripped off. In multiplayer, I always found the sniper rifle, pulse rifle and AP shotgun most effective.
>>
>>378626463
Nah. If the Alien is in the vents or hasn't spawned for the first time in an area, walking normally is fine. Just watch the tracker
>>
>>378626152
>Quarantine/Survival
>one group always camps the bunker, the other sits in vents
>when one group fucks up and loses ground, survivors will run like fuck to the second group
>>
>>378623779
nu-AVP sucked ass. Was AVP 1 or 2 the one where you could play against alien bots in multiplayer?
>>
>>378629646
And let's not forget sniper spam.
>>
i always thought that the campaigns of AVP2 were very well done, each one felt very different yet fun in its own way..

the multiplayer was ofc great
>>
>>378629682
There were MP bots?!
>>
>>378630002
yea but only marines vs aliens bots.
>>
>>378630223
Fuck me i wanna see that.
>>
>>378630265
found it was AVP2 man shit was cash in coop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DltxdMYOOJQ
>>
>>378629646
There was always that one guy who was just really good at moving around and never being in the same area as the aliens, and outlived the basement and vent people.
>>
>>378630416
i wish i had paid 20 dollars to just watch this 8 minute clip than all of prometheus and alien covenant
>>
>>378629646

Sweet, sweet memories.

Quarantine and survival was so good
>>
>>378630438
nah he was always a basement/vent refugee after it was overrun with aliens. god i loved that game
>>
>>378630694
>nobody ever guarded the backdoor in Depot
It was way bigger too, marines always lost because of it.
>>
>>378630624
but Prometheus was good mate.
>>
>>378630898
no, it really REALLY wasnt.
>>
>>378630898
Agreed, it sets up some great questions. So the engineers weren't god's at all, they were created to self sacrifice to create humans. But the engineers were angry at being nothing more than a vessel and turned against both their own creaters and humans, but of course the alien doesn't do things according to plan.
>>
File: 73357.jpg (10KB, 292x271px) Image search: [Google]
73357.jpg
10KB, 292x271px
AVP 2010 makes me so mad. I want to like it, but it's just so clunky and you can't even crouch! Not that there is much crouching action needed, it's just really weird to play a FPS where you can't do one of the most basic FPS maneuvers of kneeling and shooting. It's not a bad game, just not a very good one either. The singleplayer campaigns were like 7 hours total, and I couldn't find any multiplayer servers.

Also, the game ended in cliffhanger that is never going to be solved.
>>
File: 48243569_p0.jpg (284KB, 845x598px) Image search: [Google]
48243569_p0.jpg
284KB, 845x598px
>Also, the game ended in cliffhanger that is never going to be solved.

Who knows.
They dropped a few Alien vs Predator hints lately with them appearing in Mortal Kombat and databse entries in Alien Covenant.

2018 is also getting a new Predator movie.
If Rebellion get the job from SEGA again i can see it being a direct sequel to AVP 2010
>>
>>378626463
just use the flamethrower, i think 30 ammo is enough to scare off the alien
>>
>>378632038
The new predator movie doesn't look promising, something seems horribly wrong with the cast.

And it's not like they're gonna make the predator suddenly stop being retarded because then the movie will last 15 minutes.
>>
>>378630416
Fucking dumbass it,was AVP1 or at least AVP gold edition it clearly says in video REMAKE
>>
>>378632259
Can't say i care all that much.
I will probably watch it but i don't expect anything better than Predators level of mediocre.

But more movies always means that there is a chance for more games as well - That's what i care about.
>>
Is the AvP 1 predator campaign any good? I've only played the AvP 2
>>
SEGA haven't announced any new Alien game yet but they did renew the IP rights.

Something is coming.
Maybe at E3
>>
File: 1485466634200.png (68KB, 204x238px) Image search: [Google]
1485466634200.png
68KB, 204x238px
>>378632141
You can tap the flamthrower and it'll have the same effect. Doesn't matter the amount of fuel burned at all.
>>
>>378634540
Not him, but I tap with the flamethrower too and I usually need two small taps to scare it off
>>
>>378634678
IIRC eventually the xeno will back up after the 1st puff and then attack again but it's only after a certain point in the game. Don't really know for certain though since its been a while
>>
Which developer would you trust with a modern AvP?
>>
>Alongside it, game makers are prepping a brand new VR alien game.

>And they reckon it's so scary it could end up being 2017's biggest and most terrifying horror game.

>Labelled as a ‘VR experience’, it’s being developed with the help of Fox Innovation Lab, which described the title as “a dread-inducing journey into the depths of the Alien universe."

>The developer said: "Viewers will discover the true meaning of terror as they navigate through horrifying alien environments and a story where every decision could mean the difference between life and death."
>>
>>378624275
>Alien
>full 3d maneuverability
>literally get wallhacks
>Natural camo

i mean sure, if you're a shitter playing against other shitters, predators are OP
>>
That game was shit. The pred jumping mechanic completely killed it for me. Horrible.
>>
I played this games MP for like 100 hours and i can say that the best players are always human.

Aliens usually score the lowest but that mostly because being a good alien requires getting good yourself.
Marines and Preds are literally broken because the melee combat is bugged.

A skilled human or pred player can never get killed in melee because blocking at the right time lets you block over and over again with no health lost or other drawbacks.
>>
>>378637008
idk in my hayday playing this game i would fucking mow preds 1v2 in melee with how good aliens melee and maneuvarability is
>>
>>378639096
It wasn't much of a problem back in the days when the MP was still popular but it is if you play it now.

The servers that are still online and populated are filled with players who have +5000 hours into this game and know every single exploit and perfected using them.

The guys who have +100 points more than you at the end of the match don't cheat. They just know those exploits. And so playing MP is incredibly unsatisfying now.
>>
>>378632920
It's the best part of the game. The only good part, actually, as I thought the Marine campaign was totally broken and I don't even remember the Alien campaign.
>>
>>378624275
Isn't that supposed to be the point of the Predators? You have to step up your game as either of the other factions.
>>
>>378626463
No. There's plenty of areas where the Alien isn't an immediate threat and walking normally won't draw its attention. Just don't run ever.
>>
File: lol.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
>>378634805
This. The Alien will eventually figure out the range and effect of the flamer, and you will need more and more fuel to actually drive it off. Best to only use it for emergencies

>tfw usually finish with 1000+ flamethrower fuel on Hard
>>
I'm ready for a Fassbender Alien game.
>>
>Alien Isolation is 3 years old
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.