[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Disgaea 5worth it on the switch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Disgaea-5-9.jpg (550KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Disgaea-5-9.jpg
550KB, 1920x1080px
Is Disgaea 5worth it on the switch?
>>
Is a switch worth it without disgaea 5?
>>
File: ed674ed1f2c1f5d71a974767bdf0f2c3.jpg (237KB, 1253x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ed674ed1f2c1f5d71a974767bdf0f2c3.jpg
237KB, 1253x1920px
I'm having a good time
Is there any reason at all to use generic units when early on in the game you get the whole Laharl crew? Laharl's become my main man
>>
>>378614838
How's the Zombie Maid? She's the one of the main reasons why I wanna buy it...that, and it looks very similar to Fire Emblem
>>
>>378615201
cute, kinda clingy, and their main use in battle is that they can use 2 items in one turn
It's like fire emblem but literally everything has levels
your characters have levels, each of their stats have levels, the moves have levels, the items they use have levels, oh and characters can get to level 9999 (no, really)
There's no real correct way to approach it, just do whatever is the most entertaining and have a good time doing it
>>
I bought it for a time killer

It's working
>>
>>378614556
I played it on ps4 a while ago, and it was fucking amazing, definitely get it, it is a fun game, the story is chill as fuck, you can't go wrong with buying this game
>>
>>378614556
If you didn't play it yet then sure, it's worth on any system, otherwise don't bother.

I've played it originally on PS4 and now am replaying it on the switch and I'm having fun. The controls seem a bit wonkier tho, the game crashes occasionally and seems like an inferior version of PS4. But yeah, it's fun and if you don't have PS4 then Switch is viable option.
>>
>>378614838
Pretty sure generics are better in postgame because it's easier to set them up with evilities and skills of choice.

That doesn't matter for now though.
>>
>>378614556
It has JP voices right?
>>
>>378615570
Yes
>>
>>378614838
>Is there any reason at all to use generic units when early on in the game you get the whole Laharl crew?
Because you want to? I'm a Disgaea rookie and the series to me seems to be about doing whatever you want.
>>
>>378615630
this, you can ignore half of the game mechanics if you want to.

I'm currently doing Prinny only run
>>
Reminder than a 100 thimbles a day keeps the doctor away.
>>
70 hours in, I just got Asagai and she's really cool.
One thing no one told me about was that you can FUCKING DUAL WIELD weapons after you get the ability for it, and every weapon combo has a different animation, i.e. if you equip 2 Fists you do a fist combo, but if you equip a Fist and a Gun, the character does an uppercut before blasting them with the gun on the way down.
My favorite was with either Gun+Bow, the unit throws the gun upward and aims with the bow and both shoot at the same time, or Dual Bows, where the unit turns them into fucking boomerangs, jesus christ.
>>378615201
Imagine FE without the RNG or stupid shit like weapons breaking. It's basically FE but a lot more fun. As for the maid, she's my 2nd strongest unit and is a good utility unit, though her offensive output is only so-so, she's a great healer and you can do all kinds of shit with her ability. She comes in regular maid, silly maid, and Yandere maid. I love her.
Anyway it's great, get it OP.
>>
>>378616647
The maid extra turn thing is actually the single most broken skill in a game full of broken shit.
>>
>>378616789
Fucking tell me about it.
>walk over to a unit
>heal them with an item
>cancel the move because it doesn't count as an action
>walk somewhere else
>throw a Javelin or Ice Bomb or Demon Bullet whatever since there's now an entire library of items devoted to giving the maid offensive options
or
>see I can't take out an enemy with an attack
>have the maid throw an item to wear them down
>Execute and finish them off
>>
I only use the maid for multiple characters serum thingy. other than that, she's only useful for extra turns for the sage
>>
>>378614556
Do you like Disgaea? This is the most Disgaea it's ever been.
>>
>no disgaea 2/3 Majin
I don't want it
Why did they remove ultimate classes?
>>
Do you like Disgaea and have a Switch? Then yes. It's good on PS4 if you have that too. Switch seems to run a bit worse but has all the DLC so they're both good options. Just pick whatever console you have or prefer.
>>
Are the Disgaea games always straight gameplay improvements over their predecessors or is it the kind of thing where people argue about which one had the best mechanics
>>
>>378618126
Was D3 Majin even really an ultimate class? You could transfer violence and it's a hassle to kill 9 things every time you want to max out.
>>
>>378619182
each one improves gameplay
people still argue about who/what the best character / class / story / event is

if you want to play the series, start with D1, and play them in order otherwise you won't be able to easily go back
or just play D5 and skip / watch story summaries of previous games
>>
>>378619182
Generally yes at least with the older games, no one is going to argue D1/2 are mechanically superior and they are actually quite hard to go back to after playing later games.
>>
>>378619182
for the most part yes, although each game usually has a few questionable quirks that people will argue about over. (haven't played 4/5 yet, but I'd be surprised if they didn't)

>>378619319
No, D3 Majin was a shit class all around. Their aptitudes make them worse than even uniques in that game.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.