[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix gaming journalism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Vidya.png (10KB, 860x102px) Image search: [Google]
Vidya.png
10KB, 860x102px
How would you fix gaming journalism
>>
>>378613351
destroy it
>>
Burn everything down and start anew
>>
>>378613512
But if nothing fundamental would be changed it will develop into same old rotten cesspit that it is now.
>>
let it die
>>
>>378613351
You can't, by it's design gj is just marketing tools to push products. Unlike cinema and music there aren't any legit guilds of artisans with enough integrity or clout to critic games hard enough to tell the people how shit 9/10 commercialized trash truly is. Everyone is bought out in mass and shills.
>>
I don't read gaming journalism because I'm an adult
>>
>>378613902
this
>>
>>378613351

Ignore them and check out either a twitch stream or a lets play if im interested in a game.
>>
>>378613902
Thread over
>>
>>378613351
get actual gamers to do the journalism not failed english and jornalism majors.

I get fed up wanting to know about a game but having to read an 8 paragraph statement full of nonsensical words saying nothing about the game, where some retard is just rambling on paper because it is the only chance he gets to write
>>
I can't believe I was retarded enough to actually believe that gaming journalism was an actual thing. Do people still care about "game journalism" sites like Kotaku? They're literally just a bunch of autistic fat neets jacking each other off on their favorite vidya.
>>
In the modern age, where you have a million user reviews at your finger tips before you can purchase a game, can instantly find gameplay of it upon youtube, and could even likely find someone playing it on twitch where you can pop in and ask "is this game good?", there is no longer any point for "gaming journalism"'s continued existence.
>>
>>378613351
Stop clicking links to their shitty articles and let them starve.
>>
How is it still a thing? I think people with doubts about buying a game just watch a video on youtube or read steam reviews.

People getting paid to write half assed reviews makes no sense. They need to play 20+ hours just to write a review, that's like 3 or 4 days of work in a normal job, just to write a stupid 2 page article about some new game? when dozens of people are doing it for free?
>>
>>378613902
That's great but the non-adult demographic is massive.
You can't pretend the dedicated media of a multi-billion dollar industry don't have at least some influence.
>>
negative press covfefe
>>
>>378613351
Fine it every time someone views clickbait articles
>>
>>378614074
But real journalism is dead, so how do you expect video game journalist to do real journalistic work?
Companies should just utilize twitter and post updates that way, this is 2017, old media needs to fucking die already.
>>
File: IMG_7826.jpg (611KB, 1999x1499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7826.jpg
611KB, 1999x1499px
I don't
>>
File: simple.png (39KB, 160x170px) Image search: [Google]
simple.png
39KB, 160x170px
In the age where I can look up five minutes of uncut gameplay footage or look at developer interviews/commentary I literally do not give a fuck about what some summer intern has to say about the games I'm interested in.
>>
>>378614385
>old media needs to fucking die already.
it seems like you are actually happy with social media.
That shit has fucked up the internet.

I prefer to just watch a weekly or daily vid on youtube, I sub to gamespot and gameranx.
I used to go on gametrailers website for news, that was pre internet 2.0
before that magazines
>>
>>378613351
ignore it, they just put out clickbait and create controversy these days.
>>
>>378613726
Vidya in its entirety attracts losers. The people who make games, report on them, and play them are all spergs and losers. None of it can be fixed.
>>
>>378614126
Look if you were not checking new releases, new stuff and similar things for a long time, you would visit a site and see what's new, what's there to look for and read about it, wouldn't you? So what's wrong with wanting decent, enjoyable, watchable gj? Damn Y**tubers have more interesting content than sites nowadays as this >>378613967 guy said.
>>
>>378613902
Why are people still posting
>>
>>378615098
We don't need gaming tabloids when the source can talk to us directly, we don't need game review sites when YouTube and twitch exists.

They were fine when magazines were where you had to get your information, same with older game sites, but now they're outdated and we have no need for them
>>
>>378615098
Social media is even more ruthless and irritating than old media
>>
>>378614595
>look at developer interviews/commentary
Because that's not biased at all
>>
>>378616648
Half the time its just the dudes shooting the shit and discussing their design philosophies and challenges during gamedev, especially with indie games as they'd want to encourage more fan interaction.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.