[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 29

File: C-rcwNhVwAAdjuK.jpg large.jpg (76KB, 1080x678px) Image search: [Google]
C-rcwNhVwAAdjuK.jpg large.jpg
76KB, 1080x678px
Is he right, /v/?
>>
>>378612372
All esports are stupid and will never pan out
>>
>>378612372
>software and hardware bugs
Like combos in SF2?
>>
File: Quake1cover.jpg (129KB, 288x334px) Image search: [Google]
Quake1cover.jpg
129KB, 288x334px
I knew fighting game retards were pretty stupid, but goddamn.
>>
everyone in this thread would get rocked by borp
>>
>>378612372
This bait again? How come no one gives any legit reasons for why Smash isn't a fighter? Why can no one define "fighting game?"
>>
>>378615483
two guys hitting eachother. the current field is sf clone
>>
>>378615483
>Why can no one define "fighting game?"
"If its not a 2d street fighter clone, its not a fighting game"
t. the FGC
>>
>you will never win a championship where you get a million dollars and buy a house with that money
>>
>>378615354

>tfw got bopped by borp two years ago

Some of the most fun I've ever had. Cool guy.
>>
>>378615483
because there is no set point on when you die you might die at 0% you might at 999% there is no set in stone death hp. Stages are the other big one being that they actually change how well a character will perform though this could be somewhat said about games like SC. Those are my two big issues with calling it a fighter but others may have different reasons
>>
>>378615483
It's not a big deal at all whether it's a fighter or not. If it belongs to some other specific hybrid genre for fighter/platformer hybrids, so what? People get good at it because it's fun and complex. "it's not a real fighting game!" is hardly a criticism, though categories really do need to be defended from abuse (see: "roguelikes" on steam).
>>
>>378612372
Literally every pro FGC game scene exploits any kind of glitch that isn't explicitly banned or patched to get ahead. Those niggas would knife their grandmothers in the ovaries if it gave them frame advantage.
>>
>>378615970
Just to add to what I wrote, I can't give a good definition of "fighting game" myself, but if Smash fell outside of the decided-upon boundaries that would only be a matter of where lines are drawn. The difference lies in whether the game is exciting to play or not, the genre we assign it to is an interesting thing on the side.
>>
>>378615819
that video of his puff is some of the stupidest, funniest melee i've ever seen
>>
>>378615881
So IK means that Guilty Gear is not a fighting game?
>>
>>378615881
This just makes it sound like an unorthodox fighting game, not like it isn't a fighting game.
>>
Does it matter if he is right?
>>
>>378616007
>Those niggas would knife their grandmothers in the ovaries if it gave them frame advantage.
I'm an FGC cretin who dislikes Smash and even I laughed at this. Because it's true.
>>
>>378615143
Combos in Street Fighter II were discovered during development by the designers, and then the game was redesigned around the concept. Your example is completely irrelevant.
>>
Weren't the smashfags meant to be the autistic ones? When did the anti-smash people become so much worse?
>>
>>378615483
I've defined what true fighting game is several times in threads like these, I compile a literal list of features of what constitutes a fighting game and then the autists shout "NUH THAT'S JUST YOUR ARBITRARY DEFINITION OF WHAT A FIGHTING GAME SHOULD BE" even though they explicitly asked for a definition.

Then when faced with the fact that Smash is missing almost every single traditional feature found in real fighting games the world over, they move the goalposts and actually start saying "just because it doesn't have as much depth doesn't mean it's not still a fighter, and if you don't like it don't play it!"
>>
>>378615686
But Tekken is considered real fightan
>>
>>378617137
No, Smashfags were casuals and underageb&. The asspies were the ones bitching about "not muh genre" and expecting to be taken seriously when they compare Street Fighter to chess.
>>
>>378615881
>because there is no set point on when you die you might die at 0% you might at 999% there is no set in stone death hp.
so UFC isn't a fighting game either?
>>
File: Tourneyfag_Post.jpg (132KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
Tourneyfag_Post.jpg
132KB, 800x462px
Actually Melee is the ONLY real fighting game.
>>
>>378617391
But the person in pic related is objectively correct and you can actually pinpoint evidence to his claims being correct..?
>>
>have to disable a bunch of things to play "competitive"
>ban a shit load of stages
>every single tech is a glitch or a bug
>high level play requires a broken controller to use advanced techs
>one of the best player in the scene refused to play in a tournament because he forgot his broken controller and couldn't find another broken controller

Don't know how people can take this scene seriously.
>>
Why is smashfags so fixated on somehow proving that smash is a fighting game?

Smash is nothing like SF, nothing like GG, nothing like KoF. And that's fine. You smashfags don't have to prove anything.
>>
>>378612372

>hardware bugs

I'm really interested in finding out exactly what he's referring to, there.

which GCN hardware exploit is used in competitive Melee???
>>
>>378617967
It's because Melee is an old 16 year old game with only 3.5 viable characters and the fanbase is trying to defend all the time/energy/money/sociallives devoted to it.
>>
>>378618059
closest i could think of is using a CRT to get less input lag i guess
>>
>lies
Fuck people are so overdramtic about a game
>>
How could they be bugs when one of the most used techs was also programmed into the prequel and the other was also discovered in development but still left there by the time it came out
>>
>>378617967
More like, why are FGC fags so obsessed with saying SSBM isn't a fighting game despite us not giving a fuck whether it's a fighting game? it's better than any fighting game.
>>
>>378617181
>I've
Good job dude.
>>
>>378617936
Yeah I'm willing to accept Smash is a fighting game but it sure as shit ain't a good one if you have to disable and set regulations on almost everything that even made Smash unique to get it at a competitive level.
>>
I don't get the drama over Smash. The FGC are giant babies and calls everything and anything that capcom doesn't make as not being a fighting game.

Pokken and the NRS games shares basically every mechanic and gameplay system that traditional fighters have, yet they still call them not fighting games.
>>
>>378618529
>>378617936
Why does it matter that you have to disable stuff? All that matters is how the end product game is, and its quite good. Plus, its not like you have to mod the game or anything. the game itself lets you disable items and not click on banned stages.
>>
>>378618634
You're not playing it the way Iwata(rip ;_;7) intended when you do that.
>>
>>378618721
why does that matter though? death of the author and all that
theres nothing magical about sakurai's intentions. the game is as good as it is
>>
this argument is old as sin. anyone play teams? want to start getting good, is it possible with just the one dude i'd team with?
>>
File: iwata.jpg (212KB, 1343x751px) Image search: [Google]
iwata.jpg
212KB, 1343x751px
>>378618796
>death of the author and all that
Death of the author is something only egotistical assholes who think they know better than the person who created it believe. Please kindly leave if you think you truly know better than Iwata because I can assure you that isn't the case. His legacy still lives on while you're just another punk ass gamer left in the dust until the end of time.
>>
>>378615970
It matters because fighting game nerds are the biggest autists in the history of mankind.
>>
>>378618634
I don't care if you call you call you party game a competitive fighting game, just don't ask me to call it too.
>>
>>378618953
are you having a stroke?
>>
File: 1491941502531.png (349KB, 296x539px) Image search: [Google]
1491941502531.png
349KB, 296x539px
>crying about labels

Who gives a fuck what it's called
>>
>>378615483
one button games arent fighting games theyre babys first party game.
>>
>>378615143
spbp
>>
>>378618994
>I don't care if you call your party game a competitive fighting game, just don't ask me to call it too.

There you go, i fixed it for you.
>>
>>378619091
but you use A as well as B. checkmate ;)
>>
>>378619123
>just don't ask me to call it too
No one is asking you to call Smash games "too", though.
>>
>>378619123
as long as you're okay anon.
>>
>>378612372
Smash is great
>>
>>378612372
Smash is actually more of a fighting game than Tekken, Street Fighter and the other games. You have way more control over your character, you can turn around, environments matter, there is edging, air game is more complex, you can run past enemies which allows more mind games. Just like you have actual control over your real life body.

Street Fighter and the other shit are rhythm games where you just learn inside out combos and then hope you're lucky with the enemy's fuck-ups or predict him right.
>>
>>378619017
People who want to live in a reality with facts that's who. The moment you let fiction get its way it's all over don't do it just because you're a lazy faggot who can't whip a few autists once in awhile you gotta show them who is boss or else they'll run the world with their absolute nonsense. It's how we end up with gay crap like liking cock being straight and other loads of retarded shit DON'T GIVE IN OR I WILL FUCKING END YOU
>>
File: sf.jpg (1MB, 1604x902px) Image search: [Google]
sf.jpg
1MB, 1604x902px
>>378619353
the FGC ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>378612372
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSMTKhdsDY

No, the metagame continues to develop after 15 years

There's dumb ass kids who give melee players a bad name but it is very technical with a high skill ceiling

Smash 4 is completely different though
>>
>>378619435
No you fucking idiot this is beyond fighting games christ are you this fucking dumb are you FUCKING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW DUDE IS THIS WHAT WE'VE COME TO NOW HOLY FUCKING SHIT SHUT THE FUCK UP I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU DON'T EVER POST AGAIN FAGGOT YOU'RE SO GOD DAMN STUPID I HATE YOU DIE DIE DIE JUST FUCKING DI3=E YOU'RE PROBABLY THE SAME FUCKTARD WHO THINKS DEATH STRANDIGN TIS SILENT HILLS BECAUSE OYU'RE SO FUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING STUPOID FUCK
>>
>>378616325
An Instant Kill is a move in the Guilty Gear series. As its name states, it will defeat the opponent instantly if it hits. However, to perform this, IK Mode must be activated first by pressing Punch + Kick + Slash + Heavy Slash.

Upon activation, the Tension Meter will slowly decrease, and any Tension-required move can't be used (eg. Overdrive, Force Breaks, etc...). When the Tension Meter is empty in IK Mode, characters will gradually lose health. Also, regardless of sucess or failure, the Tension Meter is lost for the rest of the round.

IK has clearly defined parameters in regards to activation, usage and penalties as opposed to Smash's percentage based crap shoot.
>>
>>378612372
A literal who
>>
>>378619091
explain Ed
>>
File: 1330632034660.gif (124KB, 590x333px) Image search: [Google]
1330632034660.gif
124KB, 590x333px
>>378618401
>why are FGC fags so obsessed with saying SSBM isn't a fighting game
Because its not
>despite us not giving a fuck whether it's a fighting game?
Because a bunch of you autists do
>it's better than any fighting game
See pic related
>>
>>378619670

I don't know how it's a crap shoot.

Benefits of percentage
>Combos are more diverse due to being percent %
>Adds a layer of defensive options through DI/SDI/ASDI
>Allows for more comeback potential
>Reduces the power of chip damage

Cons of percentage system
>Can drag games on in grindy MUs
>Reduces the power of chip damage (Depends on if you like chip)
>Diverts from the traditional HP system
>>
>>378619670
how is percent a crap shoot to you?
>>
>>378615483
>they aren't legit because i ignore them
>>
>>378619948
There's always complaints about it being at EVO despite it being hugely successful.

It has many of the fundamentals of FGs. 1v1, Timed Matches, Win by KOing your opponent/timing them out, has similar playstyles (Rush down, Camp, Grappler, etc), characters have a set template (Ground Moves, Aerials, Block, Throw), etc

I wouldn't call it traditional by any means but fighting game describes smash better than anything else.

>inb4 party game
>>
>>378615686
Not true, it can also be a virtua fighter clone. But yes only games that resemble one of those two are fighters.

Calling smash a fighter is like me calling mgs2 a fps because you can shoot a gun.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LQrTpyygPo
>>
if smash isn't a fighting game you should tell your main annual tournament event, because its #2 in views behind street fighter ;)
>>
If smash is a fighting game then so is mario party.
Why aren't there any mario part tourneys?
>>
>>378620220
>it can be a virtua fighter clone
virtua fighter is as different from SF as smash is different from SF
If anything an extra dimension is even greater of a difference than having a different combo system based on percentage.
>>
>>378619964
>>378619995
Because there are "percentages" to winning rolls, nothing is concrete. You can win off the bat or have to roll dozens of times to get an end result. Hitting an IK is an absolute win, getting a smash is not, even at high damage percentages.
>>
Lethal league
Dive kick
For honor
Are way more of a fighting game compared to smash that isnt one at all
>>
>>378620178
>There's always complaints about it being at EVO despite it being hugely successful.
Because you faggots have your own tournaments
>It has many of the fundamentals of FGs. 1v1, Timed Matches, Win by KOing your opponent/timing them out, and you keep forcing your party games into EVO when that slot should go to actual fighting games
Not unique to fighting games

Also
>It has many of the fundamentals of FGs.
And missing the major ones

>I wouldn't call it traditional by any means but fighting game describes smash better than anything else.
>inb4 party game
You fags like to kick up a fuss about this but yes. It IS a party game. Sakurai himself has said this. Curse his name as much as you want, but that won't make you right. Turn off items all you want, play only on final destination all you want, that doesn't change what the intent of the game is.
>>
>>378615881
but if thats the problem, smash players could just use the stamina special mode
>>
>>378620450
Yeah, but one of them is a fighting game and one of them isn't. Tell you what, I'll give you platform fighter. We call the other ones 3d fighters or 3d fighters.
>>
>>378620459
Its all about position.
Even if a smash doesn't kill, it either sets up for a kill (edgeguard) or puts them in the corner (ledge), both good for you.
>>
>>378620459
once you learn percentages characters have to be at its "an absolute win". it varies by characters and stages which impacts your combo game as well as how you kill your opponent. not quite sure if im following your whole thing with rolls though
>>
>>378620475
I personally don't give a shit what Sakurai thinks. He admits that they focused too much on making Melee incredibly tight to play and it made the skill cap too high.

But the game isn't going to change and it's fun to play. stay mad dude
>>
Alight /v/ if you're going to say that Smash isn't a fighting game then you have to say that Playstation All Star Battle Royale isn't one either.
You sure you want to go down that path? You sure you want go that far?
>>
>>378620725
It obviously isn't either. Don't try to make this a platform thing. It's a fighter vs party game thing.
>>
File: 1358253210745.png (17KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1358253210745.png
17KB, 500x300px
>>378620368
if I was rich I would legitimately hold a mario party tournament

just come out and announce one day that there's the Mario Party Grand International

grand prize ten million fucking dollars

open qualifiers, no holds barred
>>
>>378620480
Stamina sucks ass.
It removes all of the complexity about smash out. No freeflow combo game, changing combo trees based in %, removes defensive options, etc.
Stamina is just chip to win, or cheese a low % combo that infinites itself. (No knockback growth in stamina)
>>
>>378620694
>I personally don't give a shit what Sakurai thinks.
Only because what he thinks doesn't suite what you think
>stay mad dude
I and mad, im enjoying this thread thoroughly. When the smashfags come out of their holes it's always a wonderful display of retardation and autism.
>>
File: Competitive Smash.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Competitive Smash.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
>>378615143
>>
>>378620368
There was only one, my young shitposter, and none dare speak of it.

All it took was one visit to Boo, and the venue was awash in blood and fear.
>>
>>378620475
almost every fighting game can barely crack 100k on twitch for EVO and smash gets almost double the viewership, losing out only to SF. 90% of your games are for depressed neets, boggles my mind when you say smash kiddies are the autists. 99% of the people who play melee could give a fuck about EVO either way, bo3 is garbage
>>
>>378618401
It's autists who are bitter about falling behind as the genre develops into different directions.
They can't stop Smash from being at EVO so they console themselves by saying "i-its not a WEAL fighta" as they cry themselves to sleep.
>>
>>378620804
Thats a dangerous plan

People would get killed over the salt caused.
>>
>>378620459
Totally NOT the case.

Every combo is percent and DI dependent but it also means there are setups.

Just watch Mew2King play Marth on Final Destination and you can see how powerful very well practiced combos are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wE0q5Npa44
>>
>>378620873
Why did they beg to be let in then? Smash kids are called autists because the ones that show up to major tournies are totally lacking in hygiene or social skills.
>>
>>378617031

The developers named wavedashing and left it in the game on purpose.
>>
>>378620637
Positions don't matter in my example because I was comparing IKs to smashes and why one is a crap shoot and the other is not.

>>378620665
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crapshoot
>>
>>378620926
>just watch
I'd rather not>>378620926
>>
>>378618913
I created this sentence: "Fuck you faggot, you're a piece of shit and you're going to die alone." As the creator of that sentence I have complete and full authority on it's interpretation. It is a message of goodwill and hospitality. Since I am the author and therefore the "God", my interpretation is final and absolute. If you dare suggest an opposing interpretation then you simply don't understand the words as I wrote them.
>>
File: 1490003228012.jpg (937KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490003228012.jpg
937KB, 1000x1000px
>>378612372
Smash is not a fighter in the same respect that OW is a MOBA

one tiny iota of a questionable concept and the terminology is thrown into the blender
>>
File: Clash_4.jpg (93KB, 640x896px) Image search: [Google]
Clash_4.jpg
93KB, 640x896px
Smash Bros is a fighting game in the same way as Naruto: Gekitou Taisen/Clash of Ninja (Good games) or those other based on anime fighting game.

It's a novelty fighting game. Its fun as fuck but it's not a competitive fighter. It's designed to be pure and silly fun. Sakurai isn't thinking about EVO or whatever the fuck when he sits down to design a Smash game.

The fact that people are really genuinely trying to make it into an e-sport or whatever is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>378617031
The game wasn't redesigned, they just left them in because they assumed players wouldn't be smart enough to figure them out. It's the exact same shit that happened with Melee.
>>
File: laughing bitch.jpg (71KB, 233x233px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bitch.jpg
71KB, 233x233px
>have to downright ban several characters
>have to downright ban several stages
>have to downright ban several primary functions of the game like items or assist trophies
>in order to be "competitive" enough

>smashlards can't see the irony in this
Protip: Tell your friends to take a shower, most of your tourneys reek of BO
>>
>>378615483
People really, really, REALLY care about labels.
>>
>>378620459
It's not based off of randomness.

Did...did you see a percent sign and assume that was random chance or something?
>>
>>378620873
>almost every fighting game can barely crack 100k on twitch for EVO and smash gets almost double the viewership
Your fucking point
>90% of your games are for depressed neets
And smash is for literal children and manchildren with autism
>>
>>378620953
>>378621123
mad as fuck lol
>>
File: YXhszy4.png (66KB, 588x570px) Image search: [Google]
YXhszy4.png
66KB, 588x570px
>>378620953
Stinky day
>>
>>378621091
>I have no idea what irony is, the post
>>
>>378621191
>mad as fuck lol
see>>378620840

Also
>unironically using lol
Are you 12?
>>
>>378617031
Considering how the first game played, this was a blessing.
>>
>>378621091
there is literally nothing ironic about that though

tf2 has had its competitive scene based on a severely gutted version of the game for years, too
>>
>>378621006
sure, if the unpredictable outcome is your opponent choosing to DI well or poorly. there are tons of combos that work/don't work at certain percents depending on characters involved and the stage played on. theres a lot of different outcomes but its not unpredictable. if you play enough you know when you can upsmash puff off the top on yoshis regardless of what your opponent DIs.
>>
As veteran FGC I wouldn't say Smash is a not a real fighting game but I would easily argue that it appeals to the same type of cancerous player that legitimized MOBA.
>>
File: 1428291973025.jpg (330KB, 1378x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1428291973025.jpg
330KB, 1378x1650px
>it's a Fighting Gay Community ignore this image because it blows every of their shitty arguments out of the water and brings this stupid discussion to an end episode

Have a good night, /v/.
>>
>>378612372
Who is this, and why should I care?
>>
>>378620725
This is a joke right?
>>
>>378617765
>An American and a Swede wiing most of give latest tournaments
>"Look at how special we are!"
Just look at the same group of people thar keep on winning the fucking majority of tournaments. When will people accept that Smash is a party game with fighting game elements.
>>
>>378621357
>referencing competitive tf2 to defend smash

Makes perfect sense and is disgusting at the same time.
>>
>>378621115
link a chart/info showing which attacks guarantee a stock loss then
>>
>>378621396
No people ignore that image because whoever wrote it clearly doesn't understand fighting games at all.
>>
Video game genres are fucked. Who cares.
>>
File: Anti-Smashfag weaponry.png (183KB, 471x355px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-Smashfag weaponry.png
183KB, 471x355px
>>
>>378621581
Autists do apparently
>>
File: Dragon_ball_budokai_tenkaichi_3.jpg (78KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_ball_budokai_tenkaichi_3.jpg
78KB, 1024x768px
I still don't understand why party games like Smash can get into EVO, why can't actual fighting games like pic related be allowed?
The games is fun as fuck, and say what you want about balance, Melee is still a lot fucking worse in terms of it.
>>
>>378621060
If smash is a fighting game then Overwatch is a MOBA, and Call of Duty is a RPG.

I mean they similar concepts in them right? Totally counts.
>>
>>378618606
KoF and Tekken are both respected, that's some hyperbole.

Mortal Kombat is just kind of a shitty fighting game.
>>
>>378621068
The naruto games arent fighting games either
>>
>>378621396
Kek, this image is so fucking retarded
>>
>>378612372
Yes.
>>
File: 1495637742868.jpg (177KB, 619x946px) Image search: [Google]
1495637742868.jpg
177KB, 619x946px
>10+ year old Children's party game
>More complex than the biggest fighting game right now
Defend this shit FGC fags
>>
>>378621359
then put forth some evidence/examples of absolutely guaranteed stock losses
>>
>>378612372
"Fighting game" is just a genre and genres are just labels applied to groups of games based on mechanical similarity. So I'm not sure what "real fighting game" would even mean.

Personally I think it makes plenty of sense to classify smash in a fighting sub-genre. "Platform fighter" is pretty descriptive of the sub-genre's unique mechanics and could include a number of other games like PSABR and Jump Super Stars.
>>
File: kermit yells about smash.jpg (146KB, 963x721px) Image search: [Google]
kermit yells about smash.jpg
146KB, 963x721px
Smash is a fighting game.

It's just a fighting game with a dying fanbase.
>>
>>378621494
i ain't ever played smash so all your attempts at insults are gonna fly over my head bud

>never having played comp tf2
what a sad life you live
>>
>>378621357
TF2 isnt a fighting game you dumb fuck, how the shit is that relevant.
>>
File: mwIj3Qt[1].jpg (197KB, 750x1105px) Image search: [Google]
mwIj3Qt[1].jpg
197KB, 750x1105px
Remember that time smashbabies got triggered by a girl wearing a Cammy outfit and forced her to cover up to protect their 28 year old virgin eyes?
>>
>>378621694
wobbling assuming the IC player doesnt fuck it up
>>
>>378621672
>More complex than the biggest fighting game right now

As much as I hate SFV this is pure bullshit lmao.
>>
>>378621810
>rreeeeeeeeeeeeeee how can a game be considered competitive if parts of the game need to be removed for it to be competitive
He wasn't arguing over whether it's a fighting game, he was arguing it can't be competitive
>>
>>378621519
wobble (any %)
chain grab > ken combo (any %)
up throw rest (any %, DI dependent)
bair bair bair bair bair (any %)
shine (any %)
drill shine up-smash (med %)
waveshine up-smash (technically any % if you're good)
probably more im forgetting.
>>
>>378621806
>what a sad life you live

Nah I was just one of the original 1-300 Quake TF players, and played TFC as well so I recognize how big of a disappointment TF2 was.
>>
Remember that time a smash player stopped a tourney mid-match for five minutes just so he could catch a pokemon in pokemon Go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XkWYqcinqU
>>
does anyone have the mspaint comic of the golfers making smash bros metaphors? i can't find it anywhere
>>
I never get tired of these threads
>>
>>378612372
I am confused.
Isn't not being a "fighting game" actually a good thing?
>>
>>378622059
>muh REaL arENa shooters
maybe you should spend less time worrying about your Gamerâ„¢ status and more time playing fun games
>>
>>378619091
>one button
triggered
>>
File: images[1].png (2KB, 116x90px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].png
2KB, 116x90px
>>378622326
>TF
>TFC
>arena shooters
>>
Remember that time a pro Smash player had to tell his fans to take a shower, and they told him that taking a shower was a bad thing?
>>
>>378621891
You're gonna have to explain that further, I have a rudimentary grasp of smash terminology.

Though before you do I feel like I should restate that the original issue is comparing a clearly defined winning move in Instant Kill being compared to landing a smash.
>>
File: not a fighting game.png (149KB, 388x718px) Image search: [Google]
not a fighting game.png
149KB, 388x718px
>>378612372
>>
smash events are sad as fuck desu

only people above the age of 15 are a bunch of THAT kids
>>
>>378622468
>makes your skin and hair oily
if anything, excessive bathing (2+ a day) makes your skin dry
>>
Remember that time a pro smasher said they needed special rooms for professional smash players to relax in during tournaments?

https://twitter.com/Kagethewarrior/status/770280137766100993
>>
>>378622468
They're not wrong but showering everyday can be considered a "necessary evil" depending on how you look at it. Brushing your teeth three times a day ruins the enamel faster but you gotta do it anyway
>>
>>378622468
They're correct, though.
>>
Some poor anon in this thread having an autism attack from somebody saying "smash" and "fighting game" in the same sentence.
>>
>>378618913
what was this cucks name again? i feel like laughing at his stream
>>
>>378612372
Yes, just like how Counter Strike was literally a basic-ass simpleton modern combat mod for Half-Life, and people treat all of the quirks from Half-Life and the engine as """depth""" like selecting grenades, crouch-jumping, footstep noises, etc. Meanwhile it's braindead compared to something like TF2 or Quake.
>>
Remember that time a smelly smash player came up to a random guy and said "WHY DON'T YOU PLAY SMASH?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sW2hiiG5Pk
>>
>>378621953
So are any of these smashes by themselves? The original contention was comparing an IK to a smash, since they're both singular moves.
>>
Remember that time a smash player shat in a hotel pool at CEO?

https://twitter.com/khscar12/status/746961858188324864
>>
>>378615483

fighting game have very definite rules like

>health bars
>movement that doesn't involve character flying all over the stage
>super combos/special
>flat stages

which smash doesn't adhere to, you aren't a fighting game just because the game involve fighting

imagine a game of street fighter that play like this, ryu can randomly explodes, wall blocking fireballs suddenly pop out of nothing and the KO hit has to be a shoryuken hitting a very specific hitbox otherwise it doesn't count, that's how smash play

smash babbies only get mad to this simply fact because it implies their game isn't cool enough to hang on with the cool boys
>>
>>378623407
>footstep noises
What the h*ck?
>>
>friends throws a party and asks me to bring fighting games
>MKX just came so bring that and Revelator
>everyone is having a fun time, MKX is obviously more popular but whatever, it's just a party
>except one guy who arrives late
>sees everyone playing MKX and asks why someone didn't bring smash bros
>even says smash is more of a fighting game than mkx
>everyone just sort of ignores him and he doesn't go near the TV room again
>find out a few months later his wife cucked him

She's still dating the same guy she cucked him with too.
>>
File: 34600452[1].jpg (78KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
34600452[1].jpg
78KB, 680x649px
>>378623407
>>
Remember that time two kids ran away from home to go to a Smash tourney so their mom called the cops and the tournament was shut down?

https://twitter.com/Syphichan/status/665043745054814208
>>
>>378623564
Out of all the things that didn't happen, this didn't happen the most.
>>
>>378623521
prajeet go home
>>
>>378623572
>>378623554
They just took Half Life death match and added realistic modern military stuff, no respawns, and the shop gimmick. Now people deify it like it's some extremely complex competitive game with all these conscious changes to make the game more deep.
>>
>>378621519
There's just a ton of characters, weights, hitboxes, DI, stage positioning...

You could probably compile the numbers using this resource.

http://kuroganehammer.com/

:^)
>>
>>378623693
It actually did.
>>
I don't know, but Meleefags are the biggest autists on the planet.

I don't know how they can look at that outdated piece of shit game and call it some complex master fighting game to end all fighting games that only a real master would truly know how to play, when even it's creator hates the shit out of it.
>>
Remember that time smash players started stealing stations for other games at a tourney and one of the games was forced to watch their pools on a phone?

https://twitter.com/tone765/status/622555031842107392
>>
>>378617378
it's a fighting simulator, much like boxing games etc
>>
>>378623514
They never found out who that was AFAIK. And it happened during the smash finals, so it seems less likely it would've been a smash player.

Don't let me interrupt your autistic rampage, though. Carry on.
>>
>>378623821
>Now people deify it like it's some extremely complex competitive game with all these conscious changes to make the game more deep

If that's your issue with it maybe don't compare it to 2 intentionally simple shooters?
>>
File: CJ5SOR8UsAA2eob[1].png (41KB, 600x54px) Image search: [Google]
CJ5SOR8UsAA2eob[1].png
41KB, 600x54px
Remember that time smash players got triggered by someone being sponsored by Youporn?
>>
Remember that time a tournament implemented hygiene rules because last year's tournament smelled awful?

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2i11is/big_house_4_will_have_a_stank_bouncer_to_refuse/
>>
Remember that time a smash player assaulted a gas station clerk and told him he was going to slit his throat?

http://archive.naplesnews.com/news/crime/man-charged-in-wild-assault-on-gas-station-clerk-2a6bae85-dc06-3763-e053-0100007f1509-366897511.html
>>
>>378624167
You're legitimately going to tell me Quake and Team Fortress 2 have less depth than CS?

Fucking CoD has more depth than CS.

The reason CS is so popular is because it's so fucking simple.

The only skills you need to be good at CS are standard aiming and reaction skills, just like every other FPS.
>>
>>378623825
So instead of picking one or a few examples to clearly show why a smash is exactly like an IK you force me to do all the work. Great job convincing me.
>>
Remember that time a pro smasher sexually assaulted a woman in her sleep - at a tournament?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sotikd
>>
>>378623521

to make my point more clear, the tourneyfag comunity has to make house rules like "no items, final destionation only" exactly because smash is not a fighting game, they are just pretending it to be a fighting game, like if you played a first person game with no weapon of sort but still told people to play dead in order to pretend you were playing an FPS
>>
>>378624472
>Fucking CoD has more depth than CS.

Right that's why CS players get on CoD and fucking destroy everyone but CoD players get btfo on CS. You can literally run full speed on CoD and fire laser beams with hitboxes half the size of the models.
>>
Remember that time that "pro smash players" complained that there were TOO MANY tournaments?

http://archive.is/xVmx3
>>
File: 1374580843807.jpg (29KB, 374x344px) Image search: [Google]
1374580843807.jpg
29KB, 374x344px
>>378624505
Bring those fucking goalposts back here. The arguments were why smash attacks weren't crapshoots, as you claim. The numbers are all there. Someone could even find the formulas used. Random chance is not a factor in the slightest.
>>
Remember that time a guy who owns a video game bar specifically said "Honestly outside of the smash brothers tournaments and perhaps 1 or 2 individuals smell is a non issue."?

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2a1yvh/iama_video_game_lounge_owner_that_just_celebrated/ciqpb2x/
>>
>>378624596
>Judging the game based on the caliber of its players
>Especially when that game's players are mainly console simpletons

>"You can literally run full speed on CoD and fire laser beams with hitboxes half the size of the models."
Nice, reductio ad absurdum, dude.

Running around at full speed is better than running, stopping,and then standing completely still with LITERAL 100% laser accuracy.
>>
Remember that time smash tournament organizers banned the Hitbox?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SmashBox_controller
>>
>>378624961
Honestly, all these issues about smell...Why don't TOs just throw people out if they smell? You can refuse shitty people on any grounds, and hopefully people start shaping up.
>>
>>378624824
Except when we compare smashes to IK. The contention was that IK means "it's not a fighting game!!" due to the ability to BTFO of someone at any time (like a smash) when it's a clearly defined, purposely built in game mechanic. Smashes are purposely built in, but was anything that was posted (wobbling, wave, shine etc) purposely built in? I don't think so.
>>
>>378623962
>fighting simulator
so it isn't a game?
>>
>>378625669
a different genre to "fighting games"

Fighting games generally have fantastical moves that you'd probably never see in real life, whereas as simulators (as the name implies) try to mimic real life as much as possible
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.