[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the objectively the best Animal Crossing game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: not this one.jpg (297KB, 1730x865px) Image search: [Google]
not this one.jpg
297KB, 1730x865px
What is the objectively the best Animal Crossing game?
>>
Population Growing > New Leaf > Wild World > City Folk
>>
New Leaf. Just in terms of content and customization.
>>
Objectively speaking, it's definitely New Leaf. There's really no arguing about it. It retains everything from previous games, while adding a lot more. There's no reason to like any other AC game more than New Leaf.
>>
>>378612168
New Leaf feels too sterile, I liked the way the first one felt in terms of actually being a town. For instance, there was a lot of things that really didn't need to exist, like morning aerobics, or the town dump.
In New Leaf it felt like I was running around a barren wasteland and every now and then there'd be an animal that would give me a quest
AC:PG had the option to shoot the breeze with animals and they'd gossip about other towsmembers and shit. There were basketballs to kick around for some reason. There were piles of leaves to muck around in.
New Leaf feels like they took all the weird, niche stuff out for muh customization

I guess I like New Leaf more, but it doesn't really feel like the first one at all, or even like Wild World for that matter
>>
MySims
>>
>>378611968
gamecube for maximum comfty.
there's something special about the acre system and being able to chill in your animal crossing home with nes games.

the city area in animal crossing needs to go imo.
and while being a mayor on 3ds was neat, it didn't add enough to the game.
>>
As weird as it sounds, Animal Crossing is a game that benefits from having tons of borderline useless and/or ambiguous crap around for you to play with

For what is in many ways a playground simulator, they don't really give you much to PLAY with. Interact with? Sure. Customize. Go nuts.

But like the anon above me said - there aren't soccer balls to kick around or random useless holidays

Tbh I never thought I'd miss yay day
>>
I think you're forgetting how fucking good new leaf was

Also god damn this thread has me hype NEW MAINLINE AC WHEN???
>>
I really wish new leaf gave me the spark that the gamecube one and wild world did.
The neighbors in new leaf just seem so dead and barely have any lines, and the lack of random holidays just makes it less comfy. Everything else is better but I really enjoy some of those interactions and holidays those two had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ITM1vFiV6U&index=15&list=PLQ3p-HJ89hEYDLzZojd4bSBNBENUn_9-R
>>
>>378614295
That was another thing I wanted to comment on, the animals all seem kinda boring and repeat the same few lines over and over
Especially with the change to the rude as fuck villagers, none of the animals really have much personality any more
The only definable personality I can think of is sports, and then everyone else is just random/weird
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBM5NTtZlt8

Never forget
>>
>>378612168
Except for villager interaction, world size, special events, overall atmosphere, and, of course, NES games. Aside from all of that, yeah, I guess you could say New Leaf retains everything.
>>
>>378611968
simpsons?
>>
New Leaf Welcome Amiibo has the most features and such, so it, though all the subjective areas like atmosphere, writing, music, so on are probably the weakest.
>>
>>378612056
It's not even called Population Growing, you fucking retard
>>
GameCube had the fondest memories and comfiest townsfolk on a huge television
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.