[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soulsborne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: DarkSouls3.jpg (263KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSouls3.jpg
263KB, 1280x720px
Finished up Dark Souls 3 a while back, Im basically thirsty for more since it felt like it went so quick. shame the ending I got was so unsatisfying.
Should I get Dark Souls Prepare to die edition, because for some reason Demon souls and the first DS are massively praised on this board.
>>
>>378611201
go take your baby games somewhere else
>>
>>378611274
Im not satisfied with your answer, tell me what games do you play that overshadow the souls series.
better not give me some "Morrowind" "Metal Gear" otherwise I recommend you hang yourself.
>>
>>378611556
Overwatch counterstrike god of war mario kart.

good games.
>>
>>378611650
(You)
>>
>>378611201
Yes, you should. But keep in mind that DaS3 was made by Miyazaki while he was still on his Bloodborne boner. DaS has a much slower pace than DaS3.

Use DSFix and PvP Watchdog if you're on pc.
>>
>>378611201

If you enjoyed DS3 you'll probably enjoy the other soulsborne games as well. Also try out Nioh and Otogi Myth of Demons. IMO Dark Souls is the most overrated in the series but it's definitely still worth a playthrough.
>>
Not op but i have completed dark souls 2 and 3 is one worth it i play pc
>>
File: Nioh.jpg (308KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh.jpg
308KB, 1280x720px
>>378611978
>Nioh
I was watching gameplay the other day but I dont know is it really good or just another clone like this wanna be surge.
>>
>>378612248
it has the best combat out of its genre
but it wastes it on having no variety between enemies, theres a total 17 enemies types and you're introduced to them all in the first 30 minutes
>>
>>378612248

It's different enough to not be labeled as a clone. The combat is fantastic but it doesn't have the same level of exploration as the Soulsborne games.
>>
>>378611871
Im actually getting a ps4 soon should I pick up Bloodborne? Looks interesting, the protagonist reminds me of the abyss watcher from DaS3
>>
>>378612404
If you get Bloodborne, make sure you get The Old Hunters.

ToH is what gets BB the reputation it's known for
>>
>>378612404

Definitely do. IMO it's the best out of the soulsborne games. You'd be doing yourself a disservice by not at least trying it if you get a PS4. The game goes for super cheap nowadays.
>>
>>378612404
Absolutely, game's amazing. There's even a grindfest mode if you're into that. I got a ps4 and bb last week. No regrets at all.
>>
>>378612565
>>378612480
So the game plays similar but its not part of the souls series right?
>>
>>378612707
No, it isn't part of the Souls lore. It's an entirely different, gothic/victorian, cosmic horror setting. It's pretty cool.
>>
File: Nioh.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
>>378612314
>>378612304
>>378611978
Fuck I thought Nioh wasn't an exclusive. Guess I'll be doing some waiting.
>>
>>378611978
How is otogi ?
>>
>>378614621

Still lots of fun and unique to this day but definitely a little dated. It came about during From Soft's experimental phase with 3d games. It's the direct predecessor to Demons Souls though unrelated and exclusively on the Xbox. Hard to come by but if you ever are able to find it definitely pick it up.
>>
>>378611201
Don't listen to nostalgia faggots.

This is the objective high IQ ranking based on 1k+ hours in each game, making a total of 5k+ hours:

BB:TOHE > DAS3:TFFE > DAS:PTDE > DAS2:SOTFS > DES
>>
>>378615586
He should at least play DaS once.
>>
>>378615778

He should play all of them because all of them are good games, but he should agree with my objective high IQ ranking.
>>
>>378615586

I'm not a nostalgia faggot. I started with Bloodborne into DS3. Then Ds1, Ds2, and DeS. My corrections would be to put DS2 dead last and DAS above DS3. I'm assuming we're talking about PvE only here, since you put Bloodborne so high and Bloodbornes PvP is garbage.
>>
>>378616000
DAS2:SOTFS is better than DES, not by much, but better. DES has some of the worst gamedesign choices and mechanics of the entire series, so does DAS2:SOTFS, but DES is worse.

DAS3:TFFE dominates DAS:PTDE in every aspect, except one: World design and interconnectivity.

My rankings are 100% objective and true. As for PvP, it is the cherry on top with Souls games, it isn't the main focus.
>>
DId anyone else felt that DS3 was a polished version of DS1? The story was even the same. THey took out the short cuts. But it felt a lot just like DS1 somehow.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.