[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any weebs here ever played any Detective Conan games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Haibara0conan.jpg (33KB, 323x189px) Image search: [Google]
Haibara0conan.jpg
33KB, 323x189px
I don't think a single one ever came out in the U.S. What are they like? Do I hypothetically like them as a fan of the show? All I can picture is them being Phoenix Wright.
>>
>>378604958
>>
>>378604958
The is one translated detective Conan game on the Wii, it only came out in the UK but can be played via homebrew. It's a point and click detective story game, it's decent but not Phoenix Wright.
>>
>>378604958
I played like three or four

Most of them are decent but PSP one is great
>>
>>378604958
Is conan still kid or am I going to be fifty when he turns back into teen again? Why couldn't the show just be simple teen detective solves new case each week instead of the dumb plot that is never going to be solved in my lifetime?
>>
>>378605950
They've revealed the leader of the Black Organization and are starting to hit thier last stride. Probably only 200-250 episodes left before it's over.
>>
>>378605950
It's weird because the plot adds nothing to the show. He could just be a genius detective kid instead of a genius detective high schooler turned into a kid. The only thing it added to the show was drama with Ran, but that got old after a few seasons.

It's still a great show though
>>
>>378606109
>It's starting to end
>200 episodes left

The sad part is I know this isn't even sarcastic, it's almost 900 episodes already so 200 seems like nothing at this point.
>>
>>378604958
There's a translated GBC game and even though it's pretty straightforward (unless you fuck up and skip dialogue) it's really fucking great because you can control multiple characters and they all react differently to things. It's a treat for DC fans. It also has the main theme on title screens, most games didn't.

>>378605584
Would you sum up the PSP game, kind anon?
>>
>>378606326
>translated GBC game
this one?
>>
>>378604958
>want to start watching this series
>see that it has over 850 fucking episodes
Should I just start anywhere? I know like 99% of the episodes are self-contained but I don't know if it starts getting better or worse after a certain point.
>>
>>378606891
It pretty much like Columbo where they solve new case each week.
>>
>>378606891
Look at the wiki, only half the episodes are cannon if even that. Just watch the cannon ones, they are usually the good ones.
>>
Here's a tip, if it's an episode focused on the kids, 99% it's filler and you can skip it.
>>
>>378606891
For me the early episodes felt very dated. I watched the most recent 4 seasons and got hooked, then went back and started from the beginning, which I could enjoy once I was into the show. For the love of God don't ever watch the early season's dub.

The movies are fine also. But just watch one of the sleekly made new seasons to get into it, and then go crazy.
>>
>>378606762
Yupsies. It even has a dedicated SGB border.
>>
>>378607016
>>378607132
There is literally nothing wrong with the episodes that are just about solving mysteries. FFS that's the point of the series ultimately. Plus they are surprisingly unique/clever for a show with that many episodes.
>>
>>378604958
the only one i played is on gbc. but its on japanese. so i keep failing on the case, but wth! i was 6 back then, so i dont fucking understand whats happening but iam still having fun
>>
>>378607161
Don't watch movie 20 yet, it's super plot heavy watch it after catching up to the series.
>>
https://youtu.be/hYnGs1aDOtQ
the only one I've and i was a wee lad back then
>>
>>378606891
I watched the episodes listed on this site and once I was done with them I went back and watched all the ones I missed

https://www.xerblade.com/p/detective-conan-important-episode-list.html
>>
>>378607161
>For me the early episodes felt very dated.

In a good way I assume. There's no way 1996-2001 wasn't prime Conan and if you like it more now save for a couple things you are simply deluded.

Personally, anime started to get unexciting ever since they stopped using the vanilla OST.
>>
>>378607712
I don't think it ever dropped terribly in quality. I think the later seasons have some more clever mysteries at times, and I like cases that span multiple episodes. I don't hate the story arc of snaggletooth chick, I forget her name.

The major thing I despise is Ran feeling extraneous and unused.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.