[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will they ever make this backwards compatible with the Wii-U

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Balaced-Switch-Logo.jpg (24KB, 507x507px) Image search: [Google]
Balaced-Switch-Logo.jpg
24KB, 507x507px
will they ever make this backwards compatible with the Wii-U or at least sell it's library on here?

would be nice to play Bayo2, reggie cmon g
>>
>>378600949
>will they ever make this backwards compatible with the Wii-U
They couldn't even manage to put the entire first-party lineup on NES titles on the Wii U or 3DS. They're still jerking around over it. And with the Switch, they'll probably start the entire process over again from scratch. Do you really think they are going to spend the time to give it full backwards compatibility to the Wii U?
>>
>>378602308
no but at least sell me some games from it's library

even if they have to release a $90 Wii-U pad adapter or whatever and then sell me Bayo2, Mario Maker, Brawl and Xenoblade

or just port them, whichever is more profitable for them
>>
>>378602646
Bayo2, Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, and W101 really should get Switch versions. And this is from somebody who bought a Wii U - there's no reason for those games to be forgotten on a system that hardly anyone bought and is now discontinued.

The aren't going to make the Switch compatible with the Wii U. The whole problem with the Wii U was its architecture. The entire point of making the Switch was to stop using it, and replace it with something easier to develop for and easier to port on.

Smash will probably just get a new game on the Switch.
>>
>>378602308
Isn't that what the Wii mode was for? Agreed on 3ds though.
>>
>>378603152
Good point, I will get a Switch eventually
but I still can't shake that feel that, despite how much of a laughing stock the Wii U was, I regret not having fun playing user levels on Mario Maker - shit looks like a self-sustaining blast
even with 3 other exclusives I still can't bring myself to buy a cheap pre-owned Wii U
I'll just have to cut my loses and hope some survive the transition
providing the Switch lasts longer than 5 years
>>
>>378600949
It's got a different architecture, and it doesn't have a disk drive or Gamepad. They can't make it backwards compatible, but they can port individual games if they can work around Gamepad functionality.
>>
>>378603758
I'm sure there will be a Mario maker 2 or a port at some point for the Switch
>>
3DS ZELDA HD COLLECTION ON SWITCH FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>378605391
Hell, just put Wind Waker and TP HD on Switch and I'll probably buy the fucker right now

still got my fingers crossed for Prime trilogy in HD too
would be real sad to see that series give it's last breath as Gamecube virtual console titles
it really deserves one more coat of polish
>>
>>378600949
They already did it with Mario Kart so they'll probably do it with more titles. As they should, cause no one bought the Wii U so it would be easy filler in between their new releases.

Only problem is that the Switch doesn't have a gamepad so quite a few things need to be changed in some games.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
>backwards compatible with the Wii-U
No, theres no money in that.
>sell it's library on here?
Yes, it's gonna make them money.
>would be nice to play Bayo2,
It would, and you probly will.
>reggie cmon g
He can't hear you.
>>
>>378605840
Yeah, the switch will succeed if and only if Nintendo puts all of its weight behind it. It needs to be the future and past of Nintendo all in one
>>
I should probably ask here too, how are the Switch's install and update times compared to the Wii U?
>>
>>378607164
NIght and day
>>
>>378607370
praise allah
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.