[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Casual MMORPG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: eso maybe idk.jpg (174KB, 611x286px) Image search: [Google]
eso maybe idk.jpg
174KB, 611x286px
So what would you guys consider to be the best overall casual MMO experience? Not absolutely mindless, but something you can enjoy without spending countless hours on it. I've been working full time for a couple years now and I don't have as much time to spend playing games as I once did. Even so, I miss the sense of world and community MMOs provided when I was growing up. So far, ESO seems to be the best in this regard. GW2 disappointed me immensely on release, so I can't say I've given it a whole lot of stock in this.

I feel like no one around here talks about this aspect of MMOs, so I thought it would be cool to start a different discussion.
>>
Final Fantasy XIV
>>
>>378601346
I tried really hard to get into it, but the global cooldowns really put a damper on things. It isn't so much that the combat is dumber, because it isn't. It just feels so slow.
>>
Still WoW sadly

FFXIV if you're into that

Everything else is either dead, bland, korean p2w grindfest, animeshit or fucking retarded

The genre is dead
>>
>>378602121
Shit, is it really that bad? I was hoping for some kind of gem somewhere.

I was out of the loop during the Tree of Savior release. Any chance that was a pleasant surprise?
>>
>>378600072
For me its been FF14/ESO. Only games that I've played to get my MMO fix and they treat me well, but I understand the GCD issue of FF14, oGCD make it feel a bit more involved but still weird to use to at early levels. I am looking at it from a gameplay perspective, however.

Playing an MMO for world and community may not be a good idea this day and age. ESO may indeed be your best option for world exploration and a decent community. Had to join a guild in ESO because its the only way to properly auction off items and it was a nice group of people in there who also PvP/PvE regularly. FF14 is pretty garbage by comparison in both aspects. I'd give ESO an honest try.

Well pretty garbage in general to the point where I am not in a guild and just PUG everything.
>>
>>378601680
then just use your hard earned money and buy a strong account in a non hardcore mmo

It's not rocket science anon, you want power, but don't have the time, use your money to buy someone's elses time from a 3rd world country, everyone does it.
>>
>>378600072
vanilla WoW on elysium
>>
>>378602250
lol, no.
>>
File: y5o0K4L.jpg (171KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
y5o0K4L.jpg
171KB, 1200x1200px
>>378602343
You seem to miss the point, anon-kun. It's not about getting to the finish line. You gotta soak it all in as you go.
>>
>>378600072
If you wanted actual communities for MMOs you missed the boat for early Archeage, Nostalrius and early Black Desert (but not as much)

I heard Elysium is alright for the Nostalrius clone it is

Seriously though I feel bad for any MMO player who didn't play early Archeage until it was completely destroyed by the publisher and cheaters. Best time in an MMO I ever had.
>>
>>378603031
unironically wow

though desu no mmo is very accessible for casual players, would suggest an ASSFAGGOTS like dota so you can just play some games and move on
>>
>>378602742
so what the fuck do you want? you want something that has super exciting combat, where you aren't gimped for being a casual, that has a big immersive world, and you don't want to put money into it.

Sounds more like you want a cellphone game with daily rewards more than an mmo.
>>
>>378603934
Sure went from 0 to 100 quick there. You've made a lot of assumptions on the way to typing up that response.

>you want something that has super exciting combat
I don't care if the combat is or isn't stellar. I only said FFXIV is a bit slow for me, which I think is fair. Simple is fine, and so is complex. I can't imagine there's an MMO class out there that takes more than a couple hours to get used to in order to play at a fairly competent level.

>where you aren't gimped for being a casual
I don't expect to have everything given to me from the start, nor do I expect to achieve everything in the same way a much more dedicated player does. I just want to play something that will still be enjoyable dozens of hours into playing it without having to sink tens of hours weekly out of obligation. Video games are a hobby, not a career.

>that has a big immersive world
World doesn't have to be big in order to feel like it's there. I want to play an MMO over other things because I like interacting with other players spontaneously to an extent. That alone can offer quite a bit to a play environment.

>you don't want to put money into it
Come on, I even said I work full time for a living. Unlike you, I'm not living off daddy's income. I can afford to pay for my games, thank you.

Honestly, how can you just make shit up to argue against? Why would you go lying like that, anon? Everyone else managed to offer actual input. There's even a general consensus in here, even if it is unfortunate for the genre. It's like you just want to be angry about something.
>>
>>378605427
I'm not angry, a couple fuck yous is very common around here, how new are you? it's to challenge your resolve and your common sense, nothing personal fag

I work, half time, to keep my mmo addiction alive, but honestly it's all crap, and I think your expectations are unrealistic. Name a game in the genre and I've probably played and tell you what I think about it.

This games are meant to be huge time wasters, if it allowed people to progress without commitment, those who commit would run out of content in a week and quit (EVE and BDO being the exception, because they allow you to progress AFK, but you will be sooooo behind, it won't be fun). So the only alternative is provide paid progression, people without much time can still double or triple their effective time with money investment. Everyone jumps at this right away, but that's the way the world is, either you adapt or walk away, this games are meant to milk their playerbase.

Only way to keep both the ultra casual and the ultra hardcore interested would be to have so much content that you can't run out of it in a long time, honestly the only game with that much content would probably be Monster Hunter Frontier, but that's in gook runes only.

Only think you can do is wait till the next big thing releases, and keep playing daily as much as you can, most mmos nowadays don't need you to play more than 1 or 2 hours a day, and those who play like 8+ quit in a month or two.
>>
>>378600072
The Secret World.
It has its own issues, but it is a single-player MMO with super awesome quests.
>>
I haven't seriously played an MMO since City of Heroes and I loved that. But I've been looking lately for a new MMO and nothing seems, good?

Anyone have any suggestions for MMOs with a good community, big open worlds, and exciting game play? Preferably within the Fantasy/Sci-fi genres?
>>
>>378607590
Or am I just going to have to wait for Star Citizen
>>
>>378606782
>single-player MMO
>super awesome quests
>awesome
>quests
Uh... this sounds absolutely awful.
>>
>>378607590
>>378607708
There are none currently
MAYBE some upcoming ones might be decent but it's grasping at straws.

I used to play a lot of MMOs but the genre is fucking dead now.

No communities since the internet nowadays are filled with entitled primadonnas who can't do teamwork.

Star Citizen is just a scam.
>>
>>378607771
If you say so.
>>
>>378602250
The beta was alright but had security issues where hacks and dev commands were rampant. Was still buggy as shit on release and lots of restrictions placed on everyone to combat bots. They really blundered the launch and now they're trying to woo people back with free gifts and updating the damage scaling on skills.
>>
>>378608172
Surely there has to be some remaining decent fantasy MMO?
Thats so disappointing, I grew up playing Guild wars, City of Heroes, among a few others, made good friends back then that way. Hard to believe that that's all gone.

Also pls don't give me more reason to regret what I spent on Star Citizen
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.