[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm actually enjoying das2 more than 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Dark-Souls-II_2012_12-21-12_001.jpg (802KB, 1158x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-II_2012_12-21-12_001.jpg
802KB, 1158x1680px
I'm actually enjoying das2 more than 3
>>
>>378598412
Dark Souls 2 is an amazing game.
Dark Souls 3 too, but it was too safe, while 2 tried many new things.
>>
>>378598412
>I'm actually enjoying das2 more than 3
So am I.
>>
Dark Souls 2 is a great video game, but a mediocre souls game
Dark Souls 3 is a great souls game, but a mediocre video game
>>
>>378599238
This
>>
>>378598412

that's because it's better
>>
>>378599238
That makes no sense.
>>
>>378599367
Dark Souls 2 doesn't play anything like you'd expect from a Souls game, but if you can get over that bump you'll realize it's a really good fucking video game

Dark Souls 3 plays exactly how a Souls game should play, but that's all it has really.
>>
>>378599574
Dark Souls 2 is trash
>>
>>378598412

But DS2 is shit

>90% of bosses are utter garbage
>worst level design ever
>worst art design ever
>worst animations ever
>worst hitboxes ever

On top of that, everything about that game is uninspired

DS3 might not be super original, but holy shit it's tremendously better than DS2
DS2 was a mistake
>>
>>378599823
>>90% of bosses are utter garbage
>>worst level design ever
>>worst art design ever
>>worst animations ever
>>worst hitboxes ever
You just described every souls game that isn't Bloodborne
>>
>>378599823
>On top of that, everything about that game is uninspired
Nah, that would be das3
It's impossible to call das2 uninspired
>worst level design ever
>worst art design ever
>worst animations ever
>worst hitboxes ever
Feels like every souls game
>>
>>378599574
>but if you can get over that bump you'll realize it's a really good fucking video game
Nah
>>
>>378599823
No it isn't.

Main game? Yeah. Especially Nashandra (fuck Nashandra, seriously). DLC? They're some of the best bosses in the series

>worst level design ever
More of a mixed bag. Some levels are Lost Izalith-tier, but other levels are pretty great. A castle where you can't put a feet inside because a billion kanana-wielding knights rush to wreck your ass, a death course involving poison-spitting statues, a castle hall where if you kill too many enemies you're going to be ambushed by giant armor dudes, it's just great.

>worst art design ever
Opinions.

>worst animations ever
Opinions

>worst hitboxes ever
Not any worse than your average Soulsborne

>everything about that game is uninspired
Ahahaha nope
>Covenant of champions
>Lifegems being an alternate to cestus with its own risks
>Motherfucking Power stance
>Seed of giants
>Bonfire aescetics (one of the best ideas in that game)
>Being able to respec your character
>Loot drops for phantoms, even if they're just lifegems (something Dark Souls 3 failed to do while Bloodborne or even fucking Nioh does it)
>NG+ having new enemies
>Weird weapon infusions like mundane
>Hexes being its own magic path
>Being able to skip a considerable chunk of the game if you have enough SM (before you start whining, I managed to get them on NG only by engaging in co-op)
>Fist being viable and lethal as fuck
>The best DLC of the Soulsborne games (to be fair I haven't played the Ringed City yet so my opinion can change).

If there is an uninspired game in the series, that's 3. Bloodborne did enough things to feel fresh.
>>
>>378598412
Ok this is my first time back on /v/ in about a year, but man you guys are full of contrarian shitlords.
I also prefer DaS2 to 3, but when I was saying that a year ago everyone says that not only is DaS2 the worst souls game, it's a bad game, period. I just can't buy the argument that DaS2 is a bad game, I feel like everyone who said that secretly loved it and just wanted to fit in with mainstream /v/ opinion.
Kind of the same way closet homos work
>>
>>378600874
A year ago DS3 came out and a lot of people were still on the high you get from a first completion. It felt "souls" like to them, so they liked it. It wasn't until many months later people started to express their thoughts about how shallow, unoriginal and boring it actually was. If you were expecting praise for DS2 last year you're not very bright, DS3 was what was in the now if you even brought up DS2 you'd get shitted on.

DS2 was the same way, most hated it because it was different; but found out that besides from not playing like your traditional souls game the game was really good. But because of the vocal minority and certain e-celebs shilling their video anytime you mention anything positive about DS2 you get shitted on and sadly people still do that, even if they never touch the game. You had people in the last thread saying that ADP effected your weapon swings and shit like that.
>>
>>378600874
And I disliked das2 before it was even released because some changes reminded me of des
But hey, now I fucking love it thanks to the game being more dungeon exploration type than style over substance like das3(and 1)
>>
>>378598412
I cant get past the character creator on DaS2
>>
File: reverie.jpg (949KB, 1000x3887px) Image search: [Google]
reverie.jpg
949KB, 1000x3887px
They made the right decision, fired the B team
>>
I like it a lot, specially since I prefer Demon's souls to Dark souls
>>
>>378604843
>And all those beautiful-looking levels... are just lineal corridors with a couple enemies every now and then, not unlike your average Call of Duty

Style over substance indeed.
>>
>>378599238
>using Blank is a great game, but not a good blank game to make your point
Hooooooo Boy
>>
File: 20170530222125_1.jpg (357KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170530222125_1.jpg
357KB, 1920x1080px
Can somebody explain to me why my character has butt creases?
>>
One>Two>Three

Three, despite being a superior game to Two, missed the point of what made dark souls good.
>>
>>378607353
>missed the point of what made dark souls good
I'm curious, what exactly are those points?
>>
>>378598412
Why would you post concept art from DaS1 and label it as art from DaS2?
>>
>>378599238
Not really, Dark Souls 3 has far better level design than Dark Souls 2, and the boss battles are way better too.
>>
>>378608934
>Why would you post concept art from DaS1
Wow, history revisionism in full power
http://gematsu.com/2012/12/dark-souls-ii-concept-artwork
des/das2 = god tier concept art and and god tier artbooks
das/das3 = shit tierconcept art and shit tier artbooks
>>
>>378605063
Harvest Valley is the worst area out of all those pictured, easily.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.