[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

muh latency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: qweewqewq.png (1MB, 1271x719px) Image search: [Google]
qweewqewq.png
1MB, 1271x719px
are """wired""" peripherals nothing more than placebo?

Saw this guy win a Street Fighter tournament using a wireless PS4 controller.
>>
Modern shit fighter games are built with all this lag in mind. That's why they feel like shit to play.
>>
>>378595560
PC players will use any and every hardware-related thing they can to excuse their poor skill, one-up eachother, or anything in between

"flicker rate", HZ, "input delay", FPS to a huge extent, anything. And it's all bullshit.
>>
File: 1485636466182.jpg (39KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485636466182.jpg
39KB, 800x600px
>buy xbone controller because /v/ was shilling it so bad
>after a few hours I noticed the stick grinds on the edges of where its holed, shitting white dust all over
>search online and its a recurrent problem
fuck you niggers
>>
>>378595560
fuck what ever you're talking about but the only reason that du won was cuz this fucker chris g sent him strats via texts
>>
>>378595981
>Telling someone to stop losing an 8-2 matchup
>strats
>>
>>378595560
Yes for the last fucking time controllers don't fucking matter as long as you're comfortable using them.
YOU FIGHT YOUR OPPONENT NOT YOUR CONTROLLER
>>
>>378595879
>And it's all bullshit.
Uh, no it's not, shitter.
>>
>>378596157
7 3 but you think thats all he said
>>
>>378595560

He plays SFV, its a really REALLY lenient game with the inputs, playing wireless wont make that much of a difference even with the added input lag that the game already has built it.

Its not a placebo, try a fps, a non so lenient fighter and you will feel the difference instantly, though wired mouses have become a bit acceptable on the delays they manage to put, they are extremely fucking expensive.
>>
on PS4 when you use the feature on the new DS4 controllers that allow you to connect directly with cable... It actually has higher latency than just connecting it through bluetooth.
>>
>>378595560
Wireless is less reliable. It's come a long way though, you're maybe looking at 1-2f worth of extra delay and rare dropped inputs.
>>
>>378595560
It has nothing to do with latency and everything to do with the fact that wireless controllers can desync or be fucked with by some dipshit in the crowd (not controlled, more like untethered, forcing a pause), resulting in DQs and other bullshit, unsatisfying ends to matches. Especially true in places where a lot of wireless traffic is going on. Like you know, a big tournament. Which is why most tournaments ban wireless controllers or sticks.
>>
>>378595879
This is bait. Even Smash/Melee kiddies only play on CRTs.
>>
>>378595916
only buy wired 360 controllers
i bought mine like 10+ years ago and still works great
>>
>>378596157
https://clips.twitch
.tv/SingleTameChipmunkCmonBruh
>>
>>378596850
yeh but the dpad though
>>
>>378595879
>FPS to a huge extent

What competitive game, console or PC would it ever be okay for it to run sub 60?.

>>378595560
Yeah this is true, I use a wireless controller, but when using my wireless mouse it sure as fuck feels delayed.
>>
>>378596917
The Gief Nation got robbed.
>>
>>378596628
>It actually has higher latency than just connecting it through bluetooth.

How? Does it spend extra time transcoding the data to send it over USB?
>>
>>378595916
>Buy xbone controller after wired 360 breaks after a zillion years of use.
>The cable it comes with stops working
>Using a long microusb but if you slightly move it it disconnects
>Tape it down really fucking hard, and have to do this every few months

So this is the power of the xbox one, I do like the controller though, feels good.
>>
>>378596838
Isn't that what happened in the GF of some SFIV tourney recently? Some guy using a Razer fight stick and it got fucked on him. Razer even deleted their tweet hyping the GF shortly after.
>>
>>378597294
That always happens, the Razer Sticks are ass. Just like everything else they make.
>>
>>378595916
Throw that shit in the trash and buy a DS4.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.