[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do we know about The Evil Within 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 4-evil-within-cover-art.jpg (591KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4-evil-within-cover-art.jpg
591KB, 1920x1200px
just read that the devs are recruiting for Evil Within 2... does anyone know anything else about it?
>>
>>378588134
I don't want an evil within 2..
>>
>>378589174
I do
>>
>>378588134
There was a rumor about it on /v/ early this year and it sounds like they are taking step forward and two steps back. Something like dropping the RE4/Dead Space shooting for another horror hallway simulator.
>>
>>378588134
somebody "leaked" the plot for Evil Within 2 here. Did somebody save it?
>>
They're recruiting for localization, with a release of October according to the Japanese leaks. However, they hired by now, as the job lists from May until August or September.

Also, either John Johanas or Ikumi Nakamura are directing the game, Mikami is producing it.
>>
>>378588134
Wasn't good enough to warrant another. If it is all like chapter 2 though, then maybe. The boss fights were retarded though.
>>
>>378591327
>Chapter 2

More like Chapter 7 or 9. Not that Chapter 2 is even bad, but if you really wanted more stealth, the DLC had it.
>>
>>378588134
After breaking everything they promised about 1 they probably are reluctant to say anything about 2 :^)
>>
I'd buy it. I'd play the fuck out of it.
>>
File: 1483907091644.jpg (28KB, 342x447px) Image search: [Google]
1483907091644.jpg
28KB, 342x447px
>>378588134
Instead of covering only 40% of your screen with black bars while putting the main character so close to the middle of the screen that 85% of your screen ends up being covered, they'll only release the game with black bars that cover 35% of the screen, to then remove it in a DLC that you'll have to pay for.
>>
>>378591875
Black bars were a console exclusive.
>>
>>378592438
Was it the worst console exclusive since the beginning of times? I would say yes.
>>
>>378592595
Probably.
I never knew why they were there in the first place. I doubt it was a screenshrink because performance issues.
And since the dev released the ini change to get rid of them on day one of the PC release and patched them out like 3 days after it, it doesn't seem like bethesda wanted to have them in the first place.
>>
>>378592595
>>378592438
They released an update to get rid of them anyway. All removing them really does to the game is lower the texture quality slightly.

RE4 was letterboxed too, but that was a part of the HUD.
>>
>>378590608
I suffered much with evil within 1 because of the bad gameplay. I finished it twice but never completed the dlc...
>>
>>378593186
Did we play the same game? I don't remember RE4 being letterboxed.
>>
>>378594021
Play the game on one of the SD consoles it was on. Specifically the Gamecube. Game was letterboxed, but it was part of the HUD.
>>
>>378594134
I had the game on PS2 and beat it like literally 30 times, I don't remember the thing being letterboxed. Also played it at an old tube television so that couldn't be the reason
>>
Why are there so many haters? I legitimately enjoyed the game and thought it was done pretty well. It wasn't t perfect by any means, but I think they can iron out all those problems in the sequel.
>>
>>378595214
People played it like RE4 and got their shit kicked in.
People expected a horror game and got an action game with minor stealth instead.
Game design is shit
>>
>>378588134
The first game was terrible. I regret spending money on it.

Whoever thought returning to that asylum anytime you wanted to do anything should be shot.
>>
>>378595214
It's good. Like more Mikami games, people don't know how to approach it and the game expects a lot out of you.
>>
>>378595214
Imo it had a lot of "no fun" mechanics, like ammo was scarce as fuck but there was no proper form of combat without weapons (it takes like literally 30 punches/stomps to kill a regular zombie) and hiding wasn't an option either because the stealth mechanics were horribly tackled in.

I also hated the voice acting, not the lines themselves but the characters themselves were ridiculously emotionless, like you're not expecting me to believe that a guy will just say "ugh.." after getting his arm chopped or getting impaled on a chainsaw
>>
>>378597297
>ammo was scarce as fuck but there was no proper form of combat without weapons
don't waste ammo then. problem solved
>>
>>378597658
You're also never going to ever be in a position where you have zero ammo. Ever. The game isn't programmed that way. You'll always have SOMETHING.
>>
>>378588134
I guess I'm pretty close to the end of Evil Within but I really have to push myself because I really hate the hooded antagonist and the spider woman.
>>
>>378596201
Bullshit, great gunplay, best crossbow in vidya, awesome stealth action hubs.
>>
>>378597297
The only time where I had an ammo issue was when the guy with a safe head showed up.
>>
>>378597992
Here's a tip. Use the freeze bolts and don't bother killing him unless you absolutely need to to advance. Shotgun fucks him up anyway.

At least in Chapter 7.
>>
>>378598130
I'm talking about my first play through. I ended up killing him with a bunch of traps and shock bolts, but apparently another one will spawn, because you are meant to outrun him. Not to mention his drops weren't worth the resources and time spent to kill him.
>>
>>378596201
I agree that whoever thought returning to the merchant to upgrade shit in RE4 should be shot.
>>
File: ACES.png (1MB, 1307x1074px) Image search: [Google]
ACES.png
1MB, 1307x1074px
id rather have a wolfenstein sequel
>>
>>378598380
>because you are meant to outrun him. Not to mention his drops weren't worth the resources and time spent to kill him.
then don't kill him?
>>
>>378598508
I didn't know that my first play through. Not saying it as anything against the game, just my experience playing it.
>>
>>378598380
Exactly. You're given a Freeze or Shock bolt in that room (don't remember), use it, make another one.

There's a trophy for only killing him twice in that first encounter.
>>
>>378588134
Will it be any good?
>>
>>378598424
>the merchant is actually on the map with you >usually is on the same path you're going without having to backtrack
>you don't have to see him to upgrade your health
>I actually enjoyed the asylum though
>>
>>378597658
"if you want to kill the cyber demon, just shoot it till it dies!"

>>378597736
I ran into occasions where I had nothing or not enough to kill an enemy in a convenient way.
>>
>>378598969
Take advantage of traps? Like, bait enemies under a spike trap and shoot the lever.
>>
>>378598963
>game is very linear
>only reason to backtrack to the asylum, if it's even possible, is to save scum
>buying health upgrades at all unless you need that health refill
I don't mind the asylum. The way it decayed as the game progressed was neat in a Silent Hill 4 like way.
>>378598969
>where I had nothing
your fault.
I never ran out of scraps for bolts or ammo. Enemies will often drop them when you're near out anyways.
>>
>>378590959
That sounds terrible

as if the world doesn't have enough of these Youtuber bait trash... with RE7 going that way too, Evil Within 2 was my only hope
>>
>>378600265
I don't think it'll end up that way, since TEW was how it was SPECIFICALLY because Mikami dislikes hallway simulators.
>>
>>378600354
which is why the game is crushingly linear 80% of the time
>>
>>378600397
I meant like a hide and go seek game like Amnesia.
>>
>>378600469
so the Kidman dlc
>>
>>378598484
You will get it ... probably
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.