[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This fucking game...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: twd_new-frontier.png (456KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
twd_new-frontier.png
456KB, 610x458px
This fucking game and that fucking ending. 5 episodes for absolutely no satisfying closure. I'm done with TellTale.
>>
is it finished now?
>>
>>378587716
What are you referring to?
>>
>>378587814
season 3
>>
>>378588096
Yeah I just played through the final episode. 5 episodes of build up for a fucking sequel bait. The game also ends with Clementine, when it should have ended with Javier. Like him or hate him, he was given far less than an acceptable closure to his story, and seeing how we probably won't see him ever again it's a shitty way to end the season and overall just a huge fucking waste of time. Now I'm sort of sorry I even started the season in the first place, but at least it helped me understand that Telltale just isn't making good games anymore. Nor are they writing good stories anymore. It's just marketing and sequel baiting that seems to be their main focus now.
>>
So the 3rd season was really that bad? I played the first 2 and it felt like 2 was more of a movie but it makes sense since obviously Clementine couldn't do the same stuff as lee when being a kid.

What about 3?
>>
>>378588592
So, we get introduced to this new guy. Many people seem to dislike him in the community, but I sort of take a liking to the guy. Can relate in some ways. The writing and plot is pretty mediocre at its best, but still enjoyable, even if its only because of the theme. First two episodes were decent, they were all over the place however. A lot of stuff happens in them, but nothing of any substance. "As wide as an ocean but deep as a puddle" comes to mind. Then the third episode rolls around, it actually starts to get more interesting. Still not that deep, but the pacing is a little better. Episode 4 surprised me in many ways, it was better than any of the previous episodes imo. It actually made me feel hopeful that the story will have a satisfying ending. But nope nope nope and nope. Episode 5 started out alright, but near the end it really derails. It failed to provide a satisfactory end to Javier's story, and also Clementine's. I knew that they would want to make a 4th season, but seasons also have to be self contained. I don't want to waste my time just to later get to the good parts. And then that fucking ending... The Javier's ending is flat as fuck. After the credits scene is a Clementine final scene, and the only thing it does is sequel bait for how her story will continue. I won't tell you it's a bad game, if you really want to play it go for it. What I'm saying is, I feel cheated. I feel used. I won't be purchasing another Telltale title unless they REALLY improve on every aspect of their storytelling.
>>
>>378589596
That sucks to hear and great explanation. I can buy the season 3 for 10$ I believe on Xbox now but guess I shall wait.

I did like my previous experiences with telltale games. The walking dead 1 and 2 were nice and I loved the wolf among us as well.

I bet they are going to milk the walking dead until season 5 or 6 is out
>>
>>378587506
does this game suck
>>
>>378589790
I feel you, Walking Dead season 1 and The Wolf Among Us are probably on my top 10's list of any games. I'm really into story driven experiences. That's why I'm so pissed, I guess. Telltale failed to live up to a certain standard that they set with their previous games.
>>
>>378590371
It is probably because the walking dead setting is getting old. That is what I believe. I wish it was a 10/10 but the game basically
>people have it tough
>They need to survive from zombies
>there is drama and choices
>>
File: unf.png (959KB, 1559x888px) Image search: [Google]
unf.png
959KB, 1559x888px
apologize
>>
>>378590784
That could be it, but I also believe Telltale is running out of fresh ideas, at least when it comes to this universe. I know the setting is getting old, but in my opinion it's still possible to make interesting and meaningful stories. I feel Telltale is heading into the direction of mainstream marketing tactics and pumping out new seasons every year regardless of the quality of storytelling (which should always be at the center of their attention). And if there is truly no more creative ideas out there for this setting, they should just walk away. Not stick around and keep making more of... whatever this season was. They shouldn't keep making these games just because the previous seasons did well. I really wanted to like season 3, and I really do want to like whatever Telltale comes up with next... but I just don't see it.
>>
>>378591491
Well I am off to bed. Wish you good luck with recovering and hoping for some new good telltale series
>>
>>378591171
That haircut may just be the worst thing Telltale has done, ever.
>>
>>378591874
Thanks, good night. I'm also probably going to sleep now, just wanted to vent my thoughts on this game somewhere.
>>
>>378587506
>I'm done with TellTale
>until a new one comes out

just do it already, i quit giving them shekels after walking dead 2.
>>
>>378592089
Yeah this new season left such a bitter taste in my mouth I most likely won't buy anything new that comes from Telltale.
>>
File: 1442891588662.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
1442891588662.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
>>378591171
DELET THIS
>>
I'm surpriced to see all this negativity from you guys, I've played all 3 seasons as soon as they came out and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Yes this is their worst season but, really? was it really that bad?
>>
File: 1492842960871.png (316KB, 498x373px) Image search: [Google]
1492842960871.png
316KB, 498x373px
I liked season 3. MILES better than 2, not quite as good as 1. I liked Javi. I thought the plot was pretty decent, even if it dipped in the middle.I felt like Javi's ending was pretty satisfying, though Clem's was really shitty sequel bait. I'm scared she's gonna get even more plot armor

I am probably alone with this opinion.
>>
File: 1488511374961.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1488511374961.png
48KB, 400x389px
>Wow, I can't believe how bad Telltale is! Season 3 sucked! I'm done with them! How could it be this bad?

Telltale has been shit for a solid 4 and a half years now starting with TWAU Episode 2 getting delayed then rewritten to shit. Why anyone is surprised that, surprise, Season 3 is dogshit, is beyond me.
>>
>>378593762
No, you're not alone, I liked it a lot too
>>
>>378593762
i don't know how you can even say that

no new places at all

boring side plots

boring main story

I liked javi but fuck me man the story and setting were so bad
>>
>>378591171
she's a qt
>>
>>378593742
To me it was. Maybe I just set too high of a standard, but the writing just didn't click with me. On its own, it's maybe decent(thats as far as im willing to go) but when I compare it to season 1 it's absolutely pathetic how bad the writing is at times.
>>
Here's my take.

The character writing and relationship dynamics were pretty good and made the game a little compelling, but the plot that framed these characters and dynamics were boring and contrived. I get that it's a Walking Dead game, and you don't have to end it on a feel-good note with everything wrapped up neatly, but after all of my time spent trying to build my relationship with David, he still bolted with Gabe and got himself (and in my playthrough, Gabe) killed. After all of the fucking flashbacks and build-up of our relationship as brothers, that's the best climax Telltale could muster?

Overall, I liked the Garcias and Javi was a likable protag, but Telltale didn't do them justice. I know the whole "travelling from place to place with a band of survivors that groups up and dies over the season" thing is played-out, but it worked for the first two seasons, so if they just do a repeat of S2 where I play as Clem, settlement-hopping with a group of ill-fated characters (and give me romance options like Javi kinda-sorta did) in the search for AJ, I'd be okay with that.
>>
Is it possible to have a playthrough where Clem kisses Gabe AND he survives? It seems like it's one or the other.
>>
File: shag.jpg (10KB, 261x187px) Image search: [Google]
shag.jpg
10KB, 261x187px
>>378587506
>>378587716
>>378587814
>>378588096
>>378588406

Theres already a thread you fucking faggots stop spamming my board with your movie game >>378535270
>>
File: .jpg (107KB, 491x474px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
107KB, 491x474px
>>378594608

Itll be posted soon. The Gabe/Clem kiss where he died didnt become known until like 2 days after the fact

https://youtu.be/b6Tb7_pL4qg
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.