[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everybody's Golf - PS4 only on August 29

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: everybodysgolf.jpg (515KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
everybodysgolf.jpg
515KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone planning on getting this for PS4? First time they've kept the Jp name over here.

Some cool stuff that I could find that'll be included:

>can drive your golf cart, walk anywhere with semi open-world play
>fishing in water hazards
>buggy racing
>treasure hunting
>8 player scramble matches
>turf war
>deep online play
>customization

They just had a closed beta but I didn't get in it. Anyone else get a chance to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPGco0CKmyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRI-0BpPZk

It's cheapest at Amazon and Best buy for $31.99 if you have GCU or Prime.
>>
I think they're doing an open beta in June, but I can only find some stray tweets about it.
>>
>>378579897
Umm shill much?
>>
File: game.png (127KB, 1742x1367px) Image search: [Google]
game.png
127KB, 1742x1367px
>>378581198
No I wanted to find someone who was in the beta to get more info and see if anyone else plans on getting it. Hasnt been a console release for the game in a long ass time.
>>
How do the karts work? Can you run players over?
>>
>>378579897
That looks comfy as fuck.
>>
Hmmmm... My shill detector is going crazy...
Anon, have you had any money recently deposited in your bank account? Just asking.
>>
File: sony_everybodysgolfapr26_2.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sony_everybodysgolfapr26_2.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
is this the turf war mode?
>>
>>378583945
see
>>378582372
I guess you can't post about anything without being called shill after the Far Cry shit. I don't blame you but I'm not with any of those dudes
>>
>>378579897
That clusterfuck of everything reminds me of Second Life.
Do I need Lindens to buy golf courses?
>>
>>378579897
>open world golf
Do not want.
>Fishing in water hazards
This is a golf game.
>Buggy Racing
THIS IS A GOLF. GAME.
>8 player scramble matches
>turf war
What the fuck, Sony.

Are those custom characters only for online, or did they remove original characters from the game completely? I'll watch the video in the meantime.
>>
>dkmariolink
>>
>>378584429
They're competitive matches, like best ball for groups of 8. As far as the fishing and stuff I'm not sure, but small stuff like that as long as it's golf related I'd be fine with
>>
>>378579897
No Adam Jensen, no buy
>>
Oooh shit I remember playing this game on the PSP but instead it was tennis, everybody's tennis if I remember correctly. Well if this game is going to be anything like that and with like that I mean, comfy ass fuck, amazing goofy character customization and great gameplay that's actually quite good even for a pretty "childish" game I might actually buy this once it gets a price drop to about 20 bucks
>>
>>378585004
>They're competitive matches, like best ball for groups of 8
I'm not quite understanding how that works. I have noticed a couple interesting things so far.

>can play a single, individual holes instead of doing a full set of 9
A nice addition for people that just want to hop in and out of games.

>power and impact have to be controlled while putting
That'll make things more challenging. I'm wondering if it's possible to put spin on it at the same time. That would be kind of weird interesting at the same time.

>other peoples games play out continuously and concurrently
I'm not sure why this is, or if it's just AI or something. It's kind of distracting, honestly. I don't like it very much.

Still watching, of course. I don't even have a PS4, but this was long decided to be one of the few games I actually wanted on it. I'm hoping this turns out well. Might end up picking a PS4 up if it does.
>>
>>378579897
You're giving me the shills.
>>
>>378585635
Got to the Turf Wars part. I get it. I'm hoping that all this running around isn't mandatory. Maybe games can just be set up in the menu. If not, the whole hub world/golf course thing is going to get annoying. Kind of reminds me of DBZ Xenoverse.

I'm really missing the lack of original characters, too.
>>
>>378585635
my understanding is they want to have a more broadened online experience with group/social aspects. I didn't play the vita one online so this looks cool.

I like that too. Does it say how many courses total there are?

I would figure spin will either be d-pad or button to affect it after the shot is taken?

I just picked a PS4 up for the first time in Feb and got a Pro...had xbone before. If you're just getting a PS4 now and have a 4K tv, the Pro is definitely a better buy. Yakuza, Nier, Nioh, Gravity Rush, Bloodborne and hopefully this one are games I enjoy.
>>
>>378586867
I'm not seeing any other particular courses. I'm guessing that for the beta, this hub world is just one course that everyone can play on.

Yeah, spin utilizes the d-pad when making the shot. Once before power is set, and once before impact. I don't think it'll be used on the green, but I could be wrong.

If I get a PS4, I'll probably just get slim. Don't really give a shit about 4K, so i don't see the point in spending extra money. Then again, if the Pro provides better frame rates, it might be worth looking into. This, Gravity Rush, and the new Dragon Quest were all that I was looking into as of now. I still haven't quite decided.
>>
I've only played a PS2 demo of one of these games and it was kind of fun. Do people even play these kind of games anymore though? Or will online just die after a month
>>
>>378587254
You can find lobbies online, even now. It's a pretty popular series.
>>
>>378584154
>after the Far Cry shit
newfag
>>
Think I might pick it up when it hits $40. Played one of these on the original PlayStation when I was a kid and remember liking it alot. I foresee alot of drunken nights playing against my roommate after he destroys me in Mario Tennis.
>>
>>378588365
It's $40.
>>
It's half the reason I picked up a PS4 last winter.

That said, I'm worried about the number of courses that will be available, if they're tossing in all this other on-the-course shit like fishing and whatnot. World Invitational only had 5 if I remember correctly, and I wouldn't be shocked if there were even fewer here.

Man I miss OT2 having 12 full courses.
>>
>>378588365
It's retailing at $39. I got it for $31 with 20% off at best buy
>>
>>378579897
golfing game?
>>
>>378589426
>World Invitational only had 5 if I remember correctly
It had 8, and 4 additional ones through DLC.
>>
>>378589892

Really? Huh.

It's been awhile since I've played it, admittedly, but definitely didn't know about the DLC. Might have to pick that up again.
>>
>>378589636
it says everybody's golf
>>
>>378579897
whats up with this game people really play golfing stuff?
>>
>>378590261
Yeah. The series is almost 20 years old. Plenty of people play it.
>>
File: h1-noscale.jpg (393KB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
h1-noscale.jpg
393KB, 1920x1078px
>>
File: hot-shots-golf-usa.jpg (188KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hot-shots-golf-usa.jpg
188KB, 600x600px
>>378590261
It's the Sony equivalent of Mario Golf, it's almost the same game except for the mario characters since camelot made the first entry, now another team develops it but it keeps the same base.

The saga was called Hot shot golf in america.
>>
>>378591078
>It's the Sony equivalent of Mario Golf
It's more like a more arcade-y Tiger Woods PGA Tour.
>>
>>378590017
>>378589892
Scratch that. I'm wrong. There are 9, 6 of which are unlockable in the game. I don't recall Open Tee have 12 courses, but the second game might have. Never played through it much.
>>
>>378591078
Yep clap handz or whatever has made it since. The way this one looks might be the best in the series
>>
>>378591529

OT had 6, OT2 had all of the first game's content + 6 more.

OT2 is my favorite in the series so far, but everything's been good, so
>>
>>378592584
>OT2 had all of the first game's content + 6 more
That explains it. I should try it out sometime. I still haven't unlocked everything in OT, though.

>OT2 is my favorite
I respect that. Juile isn't in OT2, though.
>>
>>378591078
they changed it to everybody's golf this time around like it had been over in japan all this time
>>
>>378579897
>can drive your golf cart, walk anywhere with semi open-world play

this just sold me on the game
>>
Is there a clubhouse? A 19th hole perhaps?
>>
>>378592795
She is, actually! All of the playable characters from OT are unlockable in OT2 by finding them on the courses by looking around.

If I remember correctly, the only things that weren't included in OT2 were the original set of caddies. Otherwise, all courses and characters are in it.

Also, Julie is excellent taste, by the way. 10/10
>>
>>378579897
I don't even like golf but this game looks fun

Maybe I'll get it on a sale, I have enough games to play this year
>>
>>378593602
>All of the playable characters from OT are unlockable in OT2
Fucking sold. I'm downloading that shit tonight.

>>378593741
>I have enough games to play this year
It's a game you can easily play on and off.
>>
>>378593602
Is it available on PS4?
>>
>>378594062
Can't play PSP games on PS4, m8.
>>
>>378593932
Enjoy, dude. It was the GOAT back when the online was still up. One of the best sequels to any game I've ever seen.

>>378594062
Unfortunately no, as >>378594173 said.
>>
So this is the power of For The Players

[Spoiler]No gaems[/spoiler]
>>
>>378594464
Well I can get it on Vita. Is it better than WI?
>>
>>378579897
Looks pretty good. God damn I miss Pangya.
>>
>>378585004
No point in having said minigames. Ill entertain the idea of a semi-openworld golf game, them letting me go from Point A to B is okay.
>>
>>378594736
Not him, but they're different. WI is more refined, but OT2 has a bit more content(mini-games, accessories, etc.). The Open Tee games also have more customization of characters, since you unlock all sorts of accessories through challenge mode. Which is going to be better really depends on what exactly you want.
>>
File: 1385522393493.jpg (189KB, 405x412px) Image search: [Google]
1385522393493.jpg
189KB, 405x412px
Can I get a DUI in this game?
>>
>>378594736

I think so, but it's not without faults. WI is miles better in terms of visuals and presentation (better camera angles, etc.), but OT2 has more content and customization.

I think the big thing is how important online is to you. OT2 online is kill, so you'll basically be stuck in single player with it. If that doesn't matter much to you, then I think OT2 is the better game.
>>
>>378594964
>>378595010

I'll have to give WI another go then. Thanks guys
>>
Looks pretty sweet. Been looking for a comfy golf and tennis game for a while.
>>
>>378595010
>>378595327
does the vita one still have online play?
>>
>>378596318
I don't believe any Vita games have offline servers. You should be fine. As a matter of fact, you should add me. My PSN is Cryptcretin. I'm online sometimes.
>>
>>378596318

WI should still have online up.

Don't think OT2 being played through a vita will work, though.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.