[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want this to happen just for the shitpost that will cause.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 12

I want this to happen just for the shitpost that will cause.
>>
Can someone please post the rumors that came a little earlier about it ?
>>
>>378573683
About the "phantom wall"?
>>
>>378573683
Bump for interest
>>
Bloodborne is a mediocre to below average game at best, I would be happy if this was true anyway
>>
>>378573494

It'd be hilarious, that's for sure.
>>
don't worry, when it doesn't happen there will still be shitposting about all the people that were expecting it
>>
>>378573772
>>378573948
>aztech settings
>kung fu based combat
>no weapon stances, customizable kung fu styles and styles
>soulslike

Basically this.
>>
>>378573961

Eh, it's better than mediocre but it being put on a pedestal as a "never ever" exclusive from PC is just shitposting. It's a pretty good game but not much to get salty about, you'll live if you never play it just like any other exclusive that's not on one's platform of choice.
>>
>>378574139
Source? That sounds fucking weird.
>>
Please no. I adore Bloodborne, but as Dark Souls 2 (and 3 to a lesser extent) have taught us, these games do NOT produce good sequels. Original concept or bust.
>>
File: dasitbb.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
dasitbb.webm
3MB, 800x450px
NO. BLOODBORNE IS A PERFECTLY SELF CONTAINED STORY AND GAME.

NO SEQUELS UNLESS SPIRITUAL WITH NEW NAME AND NEW THEMES.

BB IS KINO
>>
>>378574347
Sorry man, don't have the source.
But I think it was /v/ or reddit, these kinda of bullshit.
>>
File: meh.jpg (92KB, 606x631px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
92KB, 606x631px
Ok, just checked. It's freaking nothing.
http://www.vg247.com/2017/05/29/phantom-wail-is-from-softwares-next-ps4-exclusive-according-to-this-rumour-but-the-details-sound-a-lot-like-absolver/
>>
>>378574513

Dark Souls was a spiritual sequel to Demon's Souls, which in and of itself was a spiritual sequel to King's Field. I wouldn't say that it has to be full blown original.
>>
>>378574696
So was Dark Souls, yet they milked that shit for another 2 games.
>>
>>378574789
>Absolver

That game looks like typical turd beatemup, nothing like a "kung fu souls"

Fuck off
>>
>>378574789
>mfw an entire game built on lost lzalith architecture
>>
>>378574789
Just because it sounds like a different game doesnt mean that its fake
>>
>>378574139
That sounds horrible. And I can already see sjw yelling about cultural appropriation
>>
>>378574218

No, its an okay game
Literally a 6/10, and i can prove you and any sonnyger here wrong
>>
>>378574805
You're misunderstanding. Dark Souls, Demons Souls, and Bloodborne were all fucking fantastic. Dark Souls 2 and 3 were the inferior games, and my theory on that is because they were 'actual' sequels. (Well, 2 had way more problems)

Even another dark, fantasy game would be fine if it just wasn't fucking set in the Dark Souls universe, though I want them to keep exploring other options.
>>
>>378573494
>Switch exclusive
>>
>>378574941
Half the descriptions given by the original post were literally copy pasted from PR shit for absolver.
>>
>>378574696
Something went wrong with BB's postprocessing, because it only looks good when you're walking. And yes, I have played the game.
>>
I hope it doesn't happen because DaS2 was really shitty and DaS3 was mediocre and mostly recycled ideas
>>
>>378573494
You've just demonstrated that you don't need Bloodborne 2 In order to shitpost so who cares?
>>
>>378575072

6/10 is better than mediocre, and having played actual mediocre titles like Remember Me, Fragile Dreams, Clocl Tower 3, Nights of Azure and the Senran Kagura games Bloodborne is most certainly above that middle of the road lot. That said it's not really worth worshipping either, or at least not to the degree that /v/ seems to. Fuck knows how much of it is false flagging and shitposting, though.
>>
>>378575113
It has nothing to do with being sequels. It has everything to do with who they were working with.

Demons and BB were done as joint projects with Studio Japan.

Dark was a rush job that ended up with half the game unfinished.
>>
>>378573494
I want it to happen so I can play Bloodborne 2.
>>
>>378575592
>second half meme
Dukes archives were decent
Izalith, Demon ruins, crystal cave, and Tomb was shit
New londo was good
Kiln was good for a final boss area
And it's better than demons and Bloodborne
>>
>>378575528
Bloodborne's quality depends on how good your reflexes are, and how well you can time the input lag. You have to press buttons at exact moments, but a half-second before you'd think.
>>
>>378575812
>and it's better than demons and bloodborne
No wonder you think the second half of the game being shit is a meme. You're delusional as fuck. You even admitted that 90% of the second half content is shit in your own post.
>>
FUCKING CUNT!!!
>>
>>378573494
if we get bloodborne 2 before demons souls 2 i'm ditching the series
>>
>>378576089
>demons souls 2
Wasn't Dark Souls pretty much DeS2? DeS is the only one I didn't play (no PS3) so this question is not a shitpost. I'm legitimately wondering what you mean.
>>
>>378575812

>second hald meme
>proceeds to say over half of it is shit

I do agree that Duke's and New Londo were passable, though. Disagree on it being better than Demons', though. Shrine of Storms and Valley of Defilement were fine, much better than Stonefang Tunnel, and False King Allant remains one of the best bosses in the series.
>>
>>378576261
Fuck off back to the reddit newfag
>>
>>378575913

I've never felt that when playing it but if you say so. The Souls games in general have pretty deliberate inputs so you play enough of them and you get used to it.
>>
>>378574828
Well, Dark Souls 2 was basicly it's own world. Some references and items aside pretty much everything else was it's own thing.
Unlike Fanservice Souls 3.
>>
Hopes for E3

>Bloodborne Standalone Chalice Expansion is announced and released

>A cheap, Chalice Dungeon only kind of version of Bloodborne that has a massive overhaul to the dungeons and systems at work, new layouts, new tilesets, new enemies and gem types, new self contained Dark Arisen style story of working your way down the catacombs, multiplayer arena, this is purely a pvp only version of the game, basegame items/weapons/armours are unlocked as loot and shop buys as you find them

>All comes with a weapons DLC of new weapons to be found in these new dungeons

>this cooincides with a final update for basegame Bloodborne that includes all these changes as well as the PS4 Pro update with "4k" mode, as well as massive bloodgem balance patches and major basegame overhaul of many things, like more hyper armour on weapons, less hitstun from bullets, cooldown after shooting gun etc
>>
>press options button

Can't they just stop. It made some sense when it was still the start button, now it's just dumb
>>
>>378575913
Since when is animation startup considered input lag?
How retarded or casual do you have to be to blame the game if you can't time shit.
>>
>>378576473
Literally I just want a fucking final Bloodborne patch that fixes blood builds and adds gems that convert weapons to blood damage, like pure blood attack kirkhammer or something weird, give every weapon same arcane scale value but in tinge
heavy nerf to % up gems, prioritize scaling/charge up/near death type gems instead for more damage, make gems like stamina down and rally up actually viable
>>
>>378576591
Bloodborne's animations are excessive, and quickstepping/rolling has very clear input lag. If you can't notice it, there's something wrong with you.
>>
File: 1408854560774.jpg (397KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1408854560774.jpg
397KB, 1024x724px
Wait a second.

>next From Software game supposedly has Aztec/Mayan aesthetics
>human sacrifices
>"blood"
>imagine a game in which you play as an explorer, raiding temples and lost cities for treasures in not-south-america
>npc factions might include explorators, merchant guilds, preachers, not-conquistadores, etc.
>opponents would mainly be variations upon some weird and obscure folkloric creatures from south america, as well as strange godlike beings (think quetzacoatl-like and co)
>it is revealed that this world is the same as the one from BB, and that the great old ones are behind everything yet again
>bloodborne 2 confirmed
>>
>>378576473
>wants a single player r1 spam grindfest
fuck off
>>
>>378576401
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>378573961

What games do you find fantastic anon I'd like to hear.
>>
>>378576765
There's a little bit of input lag but no more than the rest of the games.

Sounds like you have a shit TV or your controller/ps4 is borky
>>
>>378576854
That little bit throws off the fast paced action gameplay. My dodges should never be delayed.
>>
>>378575967
I meant it's not as bad as most make it out to be
>>378576264
I don't disagree to shrine and valley of defilement being good or any level in demos with the exception of stonefang being lukewarm, but I'd say overall Dark is better than demons
>>
>>378576821

Dark Souls
Super Metroid
Megaman X
>>
>>378576798
>"""supposedly"""
>>378574789
>>
>>378576958
It means you can't just spam it without consequence

ironically, bloodborne compared to das3 is hilarious because das3 you are immune while you mash roll, whereas bloodborne, mashing roll or dash won't save you're ass from being hit at the end of it

das3 if you keep mashing roll especially with bloodborne you are invulnerable
>>
>>378577016

>Liking Dark Souls but not Bloodborne

Take off the nostalgia goggles anon
>>
>>378577104
>with bloodring

is what I meant
>>
>>378574139
This isn't a real leak, this is the description of some ps1/ps2 game
>>
>>378577104
You already can't spam it without consequence because you have a stamina bar, and dodging the wrong way will get you hit. Delayed response doesn't add any kind of "balance."
>>
>>378577016
Literally never played Bloodborne then as it is literally the only game Fromsoft has made that is anything close to it in terms of pace, feel, structure and everything
>>
>>378577264
the delay exists in all the games, it's a part of the check for whether you're holding or pressing the button because of how sprinting is setup
>>
>>378577264
Have you seen how many rolls can be spammed in DS3 with the initial starting stamina?
>>
>>378576976

I prefer DeS' more personally for its more arcade-like progression, like you're picking a stage and it's sequenced into subsections as opposed to the more mixed open/linear progression of the DaS games. I also prefer DeS' level/visual design, though DaS is more refined mechanically and on average has much better bosses. It could go either way but DaS' back half being garbage really sours it for me.
>>
>Leaks and rumors spawning just before E3

Don't believe in their lies
>>
>Be Sony fan
>Pretend to like Single Player RPG #29950 that doesnt sell well vs the fun multiplayer games that are the life blood of your console

Why do you do this?
>>
>>378577418
Sprinting should have been a different button then. A critical movement to keep you from dying should have a dedicated button.
>>
>>378573494
I don't even understand what they'd do with the story.

would it actually be a prequel with the Pthumerians? or would it be like it's own thing entirely.

'another night of the hunt' just seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>378577553

>vs the fun multiplayer games that are the life blood of your console
>on a console with paid online

Funny joke, anon. Except I guess it's not a joke to people who were okay with Xbox Live.
>>
>>378577502
See, the problem with it being the second half is that it's not the second half, it's the final quarter. I'm pretty sure pre londo areas outnumber post anor londo areas
>>
File: 1495866766516.jpg (5KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
1495866766516.jpg
5KB, 235x214px
>>378577670
>Miyazaki games
>story
>>
>>378577812
fine, fine.

I still want a cohesive setting if it's going to use the same name.
>>
>>378577928
I'm sure they could come up with something good enough, man.
>>
>>378573494
Even if it doesn't happen we'll still be able to shitpost. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
File: Dark Souls Lore.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls Lore.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>378577812
This.
Just give me some new game that plays close enough to the souls games.
>>
File: BB_threadedcane.webm (2MB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
BB_threadedcane.webm
2MB, 728x410px
>>378577596
It really really sounds like you're bad at videogames anon

People have been well aware and adjusted to this delay in the roll press > action since Demon's Souls.

It requires more skill to do something before the beat than it does like a monkey on the beat. You should know in your muscle memory when to press the button to execute the roll ingame. It comes naturally to those good at videogames.

It sounds like you're bad at videogames. You're not bad at videogames are you anon?
>>
>>378577186

Dark Souls was a breath of air in a time where the game industry was filled with easy, generic and safe games, the game was unique and atmospheric. Bloodborne tries to recreate this and ends up being a bipolar game which it doenst know if it wants to be a hack n slash or a action rpg

also the framepacing is unnaceptable
>>
>>378578023
>good enough

Dark Souls 2 was 'good enough'

also, I want fucking starting classes with small pieces of equipment that fit with it.

if I want to play a mage, I don't want to have to go halfway through the DLC just to get the fucking Blacksky Eye.
>>
>>378577313

>projecting

I platinated it reddo
>>
>>378578215
>Dark Souls 2 was 'good enough'
I disagree. DS2 was hot garbage.
>>
>>378578135
>also the framepacing is unnaceptable

the what?

>hack n slash or action rpg

What the fuck is this. Bloodborne plays fundamentally no different to the other games. All that is different is distance parries, and more moveset options like backstep r2's and such.

Dashes are faster than rolls but have less iframes than DaS3 rolls and massive counter damage at the end of them if you fucked up timing, and stamina is plentiful and weight is non existant

How are you then putting it into hack and slash? It's exactly as much action rpg as any of the other games were and are.
>>
File: IMG_1067.jpg (101KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1067.jpg
101KB, 1024x672px
*snips umbilical cord* aww what a cute baby you are! please don't cry, little baby! mommy's here, mommy's here... *cradles in arms* it's ok baby it's ok no need to cry.... hush hush now.... *pull shirt down* you like that? make baby orphan tummy feel good? good boy, good boy... *orphan suckles on nipple* yow! you're really hungry, aren't you baby! easy with those teeth! *craesses head* it's ok litte baby... mother Kos wanted this for you, hush now... wow, you're a big stinker, aren't you! *small nibblet of feces ejects from the orphan's behind* *plop!* haha, such a cute baby..... *flips orphan over* SPANK. SPANK. SPANK. SPANK. SPANK. SPANK.SPANK. SPANK. SPANK. SPANK.
>>
>>378578128
I don't use "difficulty" to defend bad mechanics and bugs
>>
>>378577789

Nah, it's about half and half. If we're cutting it down to major areas it'd be

>Undead Burg, Blighttown, Sen's Fortress, Anor Londo

vs.

>Tomb of Giants, New Londo Ruins, Duke's Archives, Lost Izalith

Of course there's a bunch of smaller/supplementary areas inbetween like Depths, Undead Parish, Darkroot Garden, Crystal Cave, The Catacombs, and the like but for all intents and purposes the important places are roughly half and half.
>>
How about we take a break from souls or anything like souls and let Miyazaki work on his own thing
>>
File: 1452329894986.jpg (43KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1452329894986.jpg
43KB, 329x399px
>>378578469
How about you fuck off?
>>
>>378578448
You sound incredibly new.

It's not a bad mechanic or a bug. The roll button is also your sprint button and is also your jump button. You need to be sprinting to jump, and you need to time your rolls properly.

I literally just said you suck at videogames anon, you should maybe try and start with Dark Souls 2 instead as your first series entry as it might be more your flavour since jump is mapped to it's own input and the movement is more clunky and predictable for you
>>
>>378578312
inverted commas, it's a decent game, but compared to the rest of the series it's hot garbage.

I don't want Bloodborne 2 falling into that kind of situation.
>>
>>378578380

No, its much faster (not necessarily good). The sense of danger and opression is gone, its like playing a poor man dmc
>>
>>378578380
>framepacing

Not him, but in regular ps4s, the game stutters a lot.
>>
>>378578714
Ok, I never played it but if it's the better game then I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
>>
>>378573494
I don't want Souls as a yearly franchise.
>>
>>378573494
We don't need more of this shit franchise. It needs to die.
>>
>>378578873

Dark Souls was easier and much more easily jobbed than Bloodborne. You sound like you haven't even played it. There was a much larger sense of danger in literally every other Soulsborne game other than DS3
>>
>>378578464
>Undead burg
>A major area
wat. There are areas bigger than undeadberg, some that you listed. You can't just cherry pick areas to suit your point
>>
>>378579346
>Bloodborne
>Not second easiest
>>
As a ps4 owner i can happily say bloodborne is over rated as fuck
>>
File: pcfats rekt.png (656KB, 1805x775px) Image search: [Google]
pcfats rekt.png
656KB, 1805x775px
>>
>>378579387

I basically see Undead Burg/Parish as one big area. You can swap the names out since Parish is where you ring the first bell. In fact, it probably would be better to list Parish over Burg in retrospect, despite Burg being the first real area you go to.
>>
>>378573494
>dash into enemy attacks and mash R1
>abuse invincibility frames to never get hit
>any time you get hit even once thanks to the excellent hitboxes you're forced to back away and wait for an opening to heal
>repeat until the enemy/boss is dead
wow so exciting, can't wait for the sequel
>>
>>378579467

Yeah okay there Anon. Bloodborne wasn't any easier than Dark Souls and had the added difficulty of the chalice dungeons. Whether you like the chalice dungeons or not is another issue but they are far more difficult than anything else the soulsborne games have to offer.
>>
>>378576423
>Dark Souls 2
>it's own world
Cmon don't kid yourself.
>>
>>378574696

A hypothetical sequel won't somehow make the original bad. You can just ignore it all you want.
>>
>>378579653
I don't. The areas are big enough to stand on their own so I don't see the point of lumping them in together
>>
>Bloodborne II
>Not Bloodborne: Reloaded
>>
>>378573494
I want this to not happen just for the shitpost that will cause.
>>
>>378580359
>Bloodborne: First Blood
>>
>>378579517

It's really not but perhaps you have that misconception because you spend too much time on /v/. If anything Dark Souls is the most overrated having a terrible second half.
>>
>>378580303

Fair enough, though I suppose that's not much different from splitting Catacombs and Tomb of Giants, Demon Ruins and lost Izalith or Duke's Archives and Crystal Cave - you could do that but what is there really to be gained in it? They're different but for simplicity's sake I'm just sort of lumping them together. If anything's the dividing factor on which half is bigger it's probably Darkroot Garden.
>>
>>378580598
I think he meant it's overrated here, which it is with its lack of variety and all
>>
>>378575113
Die a painful death from cancer/aids/ebola/accident together with your whore mother who didn't abort you. I am sick and tired of you nostalgia blinded shitposters, you should be tortured to death.

This is this the objective high IQ ranking of the Soulsborne series:

BB:TOHE > DAS3:TFFE > DAS:PTDE > DAS2:SOTFS > DES

I'm sick of it, starting tomorrow I will make a thread every day explaining why DeS is garbage compared to the other Soulsborne games. I really didn't want to do it because i love all these games, but you shitposting, nostalgia cucked, platform loyalist, sons of whores need to be exposed once and for all.
>>
File: Ara Mitama.jpg (10KB, 426x318px) Image search: [Google]
Ara Mitama.jpg
10KB, 426x318px
>>378580515
>Bloodborne Balboa
>John Bloodborne
>Bloodborne 33 1/3
>>
>>378580921

DeS is enough of its own beast to be considered better or worse on its own terms, it's not just "DaS but older". Its approach to level design and progression is rather different, much more streamlined and less open than the DaS games.
>>
>>378580819
>What's there to be gained from it
That only four of dark 1s areas are shit. You could lump dukes archives and crystal cave but that would imply that dukes has a garbage part and crystal cave has a decent part and neither is the case, same with catacombs and Tog and I don't think that dies justice to with area
>>
>>378580832

That's exactly what I said anon. There was enough variety without completely distancing you from the Victorian setting. Dark Souls variety came in the form of some of the most rushed locations outside of the DLC.
>>
>>378573494
>another 30 fps but really 20 fps console bidya

ayyy
>>
>>378580921

>DeS
>worst

DaS II and III are both worse.
>>
>>378581339

Whether they're shit or not wasn't the particular argument being made anymore, but rather whether or not there's more to the game pre-Anor Londo than post, to which I'd say it's about roughly equal, or at least equal when including Anor Londo into the first half.
>>
>>378581269
NO IT ISN'T YOU DELUSIONAL FAGGOT. I WILL FUCK YOU HARD IN MY THREAD TOMORROW. DES IS OBJECTIVELY THE WORST SOUL GAME. IT IS STILL A GOOD GAME THOUGH.

MAY GOD GIVE YOU A PAINFUL DEATH. UMBASA.
>>
>>378581392
It NEEDS to be at least a solid 30 if they can't do 60, for fucks sake.
>>
File: 'kay.jpg (35KB, 292x365px) Image search: [Google]
'kay.jpg
35KB, 292x365px
>>378581741
>>
>>378581464
k bud DaS 3 gotta be bait.

but yeah 2 was shit. i love 3
>>
>>378573494
>shitpost
What shitposting?
>Oh shit guys, a sequel to a good game, lmao, isn't that hilarious.
>>
>>378581464
HAHAHAHAAAAAW. I WILL ENJIY FUCKING YOU DES NOSTALGIA SHITPOSTERS EVERYDAY STARTING TOMORROW. YOU WILL REGRET YOUR SHITPOST, I WILL EXPOSE DES AND ITS ABSOLUTE DOFSHIT ASPECTS. I HAVE 1K+ HOURS IN EVERY SOULSBORNE GAME, THAT MAKES 5K+ TOTAL. DIE FROM CANCER WANNABE, SUFFER AND CRY AND DIE.
>>
>>378581387
Sorry I've only had a few hours of sleep. You're a polite guy anon, it was nice talking to you
>>378581607
I don't think post anor londo is bigger combined than pre anor londo but I'm playing through it recently so I guess I'll check when I get there and compare
>>
>>378582084

It's pretty even I'd say, really depends on how you feel about Darkroot. Generally though, I'd like to think most people see killing Biggie Smalls as the clear halfway point.
>>
>>378581859

Nah. I think DaS is the best Dark Souls, and I think Demon's Souls is the third best Souls behind it and BB.

It's just an opinion, man. I really like the nexus and archstone layout of the game, and that was missing in all future iterations.
>>
>>378576798
If they managed to pull of that twist and fool us all again I would be fucking impressed.

Then again considering it is fromsoft I would be expecting it. They'd need to do something completely different for that to work.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.