[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we recommend games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

I'll start. Child of Light by Ubisoft Montreal, its a gorgeous game with a unique artstyle, amazing soundtrack, a cute story told through rhymes and its a turn rpg.

This game was on my backlog for 6 months, I beat it on a lazy sunday, and I regret not having playing it earlier.
>>
File: 1402959187608.png (1MB, 874x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1402959187608.png
1MB, 874x1200px
Final Fantasy Type-0.

Type 0 is like a fancy, action-packed Final Fantasy themepark, mixing varios elements from the series' past games to create its own fantastical, yet surprisingly dark world and story. The gameplay is a mix of classic JRPG elements and real-time action-RPG combat, with an occasional RTS-like missions, and somewhat Persona 3+ style school life sections in the mix.

My first, calm-paced playthrough took me a good 85 hours, yet I was left with sooo much unfinished and unsolved material, that starting a NG+ was a no brainer. Now with clocking 185 hours and starting my second NG+ run, it has become clear that the game indeed IS designed to be replayed, both gameplay and plot-wise!

The PC version is even at its worst "fine", and the game as an experience will definitely be memorable and emotional, no matter the somewhat overwhelming beginning. Graphics whores better steer away, because while the game can look great, it is still a mere HD port of an older, stylized PSP game at heart.

tl;dr: This might be my new all time favorite FF game since #9.
>>
>>378566315
Silent Hill games, namely 1-4.
Do I need to give a pitch speech for these mega-atmospheric, drop-dead gorgeous survival horror classics? The OSTs alone are pure killers, and the stories and symbolism of these titles are still discussed and analyzed to this day. Tons of replay value too.

There's fine PC ports out there. Here's a nice SH PC Guide pic to help ya set them up for modern machines. You can get the games from these DL links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
You can now see some decent emulator settings for SH1 as well in the guide. If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin AND GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Also give the new PGXP emulator a shot for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.

>inb4 "What about the HD Collection??"
It's absolutely disgusting. Avoid!
>>
No Man's Sky
You can literally explore the whole universe with no limits.
>>
>>378567720
...and no content.
>>
Space Griffon VF-9

It's a mech FPS/dungeon crawler-lite/survival horrorish hybrid but that still doesn't really capture the feel. Your team is sent to a remote city base on the moon, things go tits up shortly after arrival when you realise the defence forces have turned into zombies and there's something roaming around the station. Plot is right out of an old anime OVA and there's a lot of it, with full voice acting.

You transform macross style (game is clunky even in the mobile configuration though), search nooks and crannies, scavenge weapons and manage your very limited ammo while mowing down hundreds of mechs while hoping to fuck what's equipped doesn't break mid-combat. It's a slow game made even slower by constant codec transmissions from your team, found that added to the OVA feel personally though so I didn't mind it. You can even contact them yourself if they're in range and find they react to nearly every plot development

PS1 game so it's easy enough to emulate
>>
>>378566915
Thia game was awful
>>
>>378568772
I disagree. I'd say it's absolutely amazing, terribly underrated, and bizarrely unknown in the bigger circles.
>>
File: sanctum 2 boss.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sanctum 2 boss.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
Sanctum 2.

A co-op tower-defense FPS game. With class-style different playable characters, skills and weapons, unlockables, and mission-based campaign.
>>
As someone who has never played a Souls game and wanted to get one for when I have free time over the summer, should I get Bloodborne, DS3, or one of the previous entries?
>>
>>378570234
Just play the first, realize the games are entirely overblown, then don't bother with the rest.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
I recommend every game in the series except pic related
>>
My recommendation is that you approach open world games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Breath of the Wild with a different mindset.

Fuck the checklist. Fuck 100% completion. Fuck autism journeys to find every single fucking thing.

Just play the game. Explore the world naturally. Do what you feel like doing. Don't feel like you have to see and do everything.

I think people ruin open world games for themselves by trying to 100% that shit.

Your mileage may vary.
>>
Somebody posts a Todd recommending fallout

>>378570234
if you got a ps get bloodborne to make us pcfolks mad
I only have played DaS123, not BB, so it's hard for me to tell you which one to get
>>
File: marvelous.jpg (186KB, 640x1174px) Image search: [Google]
marvelous.jpg
186KB, 640x1174px
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2558/

Marvelous is something everybody who hasn't desperately needs to play
It's a cute little piece of vidya history, in that it's the reason Aonuma got put on the team that later made OoT, but more than that it's a charming adventure game with really good humor
It's longer than it seems at first but still overall pretty short, probably beatable in one or two sittings if you don't get stuck on one of the lategame puzzles
Polly best girl
>>
>>378570705
Well said
>>
>>378567563

Thats a good post anon. More should inspire to be like you
>>
>>378570586

Thats the one Im going to play after Im finished with Deadly Premonition
>>
>>378569938
Seconding this.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.