[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battlegrounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1822.jpg (34KB, 293x164px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1822.jpg
34KB, 293x164px
Ok been playing the game for 2 days and literally can't stop playing. Anyone have tactics or ways they play that gets you in the top 10?
>>
Honestly I try to just land in an empty house area, and hope there's a decent weapon and some armor. After just tread lightly tell I have to kill someone
>>
Play smart, not fast.
Get on a discord and join a squad. Communicate.
Be a sneaky fuck.
Git gud.
>>
Lategame is like 80% circle RNG. If you want to finish top 10 just make sure u have like 2 first aid kits, 4 boosters and an AR with 4x scope and then just wait it out.
>>
>>378561834
Learn to recognize good cover and bad cover.
Learn when you should use prone and when you shouldn't, often it just makes you an easier target since you're practically stationary.
Clear yourself a sector of the circle before you push in so you don't get people behind you as you run up.
>>
Anyone having crashing issues after this last update? The screen freezes and all my peripherals die, forced to hard reset. Curious if anyone else encountered this
>>
>>378561834
AM A SNEK FOLLOW ME
>>
Solo is quite literally RNG based during the final 10 just play duo and squad to prevent this shit.
Game is mostly just running in empty fields if you don't drop in DM areas like Military or Power Plant.
>>
>>378561834
You have to be 18 or older to post on 4chan, you retarded underage nigger
>>
>>378564234
I'm 22 senpai hahaha sorry I like videogames
>>
>>378561834
Shit FOTM RNG game played by try hards who think it will make them a MLG PRO status gaymur.
>>
hide in bush and go make sandwich

ez top 10
>>
>>378562437
How do you find a squad on discord?
>>
Is this ever coming to consoles?
>>
>>378564715
don't you have friend or something?
>>
>>378564614

This desu.

bushes are deceptively effective at hiding you.

Also tall grass works as well.

When on open fields, be mindful of terrain elevation, having the high ground is not always the best solution, since it can expose you to more enemies than just sitting at the base of a hill, behind a tree.
>>
>>378564975
Yeah, I don't have a squad though hence why I'm asking how to find one you retarded motherfucker.
>>
>>378561834
My friends pressured me into buying this. It's pretty fun but it would be so much better if it enforced first person only. Third person is fucking stupid as you can just rotate the camera around obstacles, two parties watching eachother behind trees is a very common scenario, it isnt fun.
>>
>>378564715

https://discord.gg/hfsjDe

Join a squad LFM or join an empty room and invite people in chat.
>>
>>378565634
Thanks my man.
>>
so this.... is the power of the pc master race whoa
>>
>pc games
>you can win by sitting in the bushes

Nice game pcbros
>>
>>378565248
Agree with you 100% I hate how you can sneak up to the second story of a house without some fuckhead just watching you from the door way down the hall
>>
>>378564805
no, too many buttons
>>
>>378565980
Watch a couple streams. It's not that easy.
>>
>>378566187
>watching streams of people running through farmland for 15 minutes

P C F A T S L O L
>>
>>378564546
I play it because it's a casual fun way to play squad based combat.
I haven't seen anyone lose their shit like I have with every other PC multiplayer game with a ranked mode.
>>
>>378566128
Don't play like a retard. You could do the same exact thing sound whoring in first person.
>>
>>378566231
(you)
>>
>>378566231
How is this different from Horizon and BotW?
>>
>>378566231
I don't feel the need to tell you how great my preferred system is. Sounds like you're a little insecure about something, bud. I'd try working on that.
>>
>>378566349
not an argument
>>378566392
because those games feature deep field running mechanics that results in the sort of non-artificial fun that a pc game just cannot offer
>>378566463
not an argument
>>
>>378566807
Wow bud you convinced me haha I'm throwing away my PC right now what was I thinking
>>
Understand what potential consequences can become of each action, and how you can better minimize your exposure to bad variance.

For example, if you're walking along the top of a hill, it exposes you to more angles. Hugging the side of the hill will reduce the amount of angles you can be seen and subsequently shot, and so it's easier to be aware of your surroundings and able to return fire (or even see the enemy first).

At first while you're getting your basic loot, it may be better to play passive. However, after those first few minutes you'll want to be proactive. Shooting that is nearby but not directed towards you is a great opportunity to be assertive. Seek them out and pick off weakened or preoccupied players. Only loot if you absolutely have to, or if you're in a position that's safe. Always be moving if you don't have a suppressor though, because someone might be trying to track you in the same manner.
>>
>>378566341
Well yeah your right... when I play with headphones it's a joke, someone enters a house your in just the waiting game at that point
>>
Alternate PUBG titles

Network Lag Detected Battlegrounds
Dude what is optimization lmao Battlegrounds
Houses Don't Render for 10 minutes Battlegrounds
>>
Okay, honest question from someone out of the loop: Is this basically day z without the zombies?
>>
>>378567182
It's the name of the game. I love the excitement. It's not for everyone of course.
>>
>>378567243
It's PvP and loot focused, but it's more akin to H1Z1 than DayZ. However, the movement and shooting is far less arcadey, and there's a lot of refinements to the gameplay concepts.
>>
>>378567347
Makes sense enough. I can see why it's popular.
>>
>>378561834
>Land somewhere near center where a vehicle will likely be
>Find shotgun or full auto weapon and ammo
>Find car
>Drive to where you think center will be and pick a boring looking house
>Wait for top 10 with your gun pointed at the door

Playing this game well is really not fun.
>>
>>378567207
Alternate (You) titles

Le Toasta the Roasta lmfao
>>
>>378567715
If you don't have tier 3 shit with meds and plenty of ammo/attachments that strat is useless. Anyone can get top 10, winning is the only thing that matters. If you think you're so good land in high loot areas and play for picks.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>378564981
>having the high ground is not always the best solution
KEK
>>
>>378566251
I've only seen people lose their shit constantly with this game. The small squad size is conducive to people blaming each other for mistakes (legit or not), similar to other games where only a small number of players are on your team (mobas, overwatch etc). The player base also seems obsessed with personal stats even though it isn't that relevant).
>>
>>378568150
This. Any little reddit bitch can hide in a shed in a map that size and make top 10.

Top 10s only mean shit if you've got at least 4 kills.
>>
>>378561834
Fly as fucking far from the plane as possible and don't go anywhere near it's path till you have to. Don't go near any of the popular places (military island, school, pochinki etc.). Skirt the outside of the edge of the zone as it moves in so you're 100% sure that nobody is behind you because nobody physically CAN be behind you. Never engage anyone unless you have to. This has always gotten me into top 10. People will call you a faggot for playing this way but those people consistently die top 50 but muh k/d ratios!!!
>>
>>378566341
That's pretty retarded to compare 3rd person to sounds. Sound gives you an estimate location, 3rd person gives you exact.
>>
>>378568150
Op asked about top ten. Not 1337 high loot areas or chicken dinner.

And I suggest you actually try that strategy. You really don't need all that shit you mentioned because most of the time you only see one person once you set up shop and his heads off the second he opens the door. Once top tens in then you just weasel around letting everyone else fight until you got one left then roll the dice.
>>
>>378568832
>Another retard crying about third person, even though third person works both ways

Shitter reddit scum.
>>
>>378568778
Hahahaha!! I don't really care for stats, it's the fun of game to me also, and I played this way a few times and actually got 2nd place, I hadn't learned the dangers of entering prone :/
>>
>>378564805
The plan is to bring it to consoles eventually, yes.
It already has controller support on PC.
>>
>>378569076
>Playing a game in the most boring way possible
>Only to die at the end anyway because you don't know how to shoot because you never engage anyone in the game
>>
>>378568778
>thinking blue wall is safe
The number of times I've been capped by some idiot on his last breath behind the wall is just retarded, trusting it doesn't really work IMO.
>>
>>378569290
I sorta play both ways, if I see you first I'm gonna shoot, hiding the whole time does somewhat get boring, and yes I lost every shoot out befor I finally started engaging and not just hiding
>>
>>378569290
You're going to hang your entire argument up on an assumption that I don't know how to use a mouse?
>>
>>378569268
NEVER EVER (literally just because of how much of an unoptimised mess it is, if they port it I expect it won't be for a while)
>>
>>378569657
Considering only reddit fags play the game that way and are the only ones bitching for a gun range because they can't aim... seems most likely.

>2017
>Retards still playing shooters and not shooting
>>
>>378569506
Yah that shit will happen but less often than if you move in too soon. Sucks but watching the kill feed to see those idiots die outside the zone right after is fun.
>>
>>378569762
If the game HEAVILY favors playing like a faggot it's the games fault for being shit, not the players fault for playing like a faggot.

Go ahead and argue otherwise but as long as there are people camping, moving will be the least survivable method of playing, and you'll never argue the game free of campers.
>>
>>378569097
It just makes retarded gameplay with no skill involved like both staring each other behind a corner or a wall. Doesn't matter if it works both ways when it makes the gameplay so stupid that even mongoloids like you can compete in it.
>>
File: IMG_0142.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0142.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>378561834
>can't stop playing
>stops playing to post on 4chqn
>>
>>378570024
>Heavily favours playing like a faggot
Except it doesn't if you're actually good. This is the point. Literally anyone can just camp a shed or RNG a shed. It takes real skill to consistently outplay opponents and still get top 10+.

Plus then the game is actually fun.
>>
>>378570114
>Whines about dying to a game mechanic that he won't use himself
>Thinks it takes no skill when instead it's just him failing to adapt and further cementing himself into his scrub tier

You're a literal scrub.
>>
>>378570024
>>378570114
People keep trying to bring their leet quake/cs skills to this game like it's gonna matter. This isn't a fucking arena fps, it's a survival game until they change the way stat tracking works to not insanely favor surviving to top 10 over getting kills playing like a scared little bitch is how you're gonna get them top ranks.
>>
>>378570512
>This isn't a fucking arena fps

Yes it is, just a bigger arena.
>>
>>378570173

He probably just alt tabbed in a lobby, or has two monitors.

>not having a second monitor for shitposting between games

Nigga
>>
>>378570321
I do use it myself and I feel dirty everytime using it. It takes all the skill away from the game, why not just remove it all together.
>>
>>378570579
And also third person.
>>
>>378570173
Well I'm also at work....
>>
>>378570745
>Oh shit, he called me out completely
>I better act like I'm actually good at the game then!

A mechanic that works for all players put them on an even playing field. If one player allows themselves to be put in a scenario where the third person doesn't work in their favour, it's their fault for playing retarded. Crying about it just means you're fucking shit.
>>
>>378570213
Yeah but we're talking about winning and what the game condones to do so. I don't care if you're the FPS god, camping is going to get you the win more frequently than running or driving around. Kills literally don't matter.
>>
LET'S
G
O
>>
>>378570745
If you don't like 3rd person don't play the game dumbass. It's not for you. It's not going to change for you. You're whining is irrelevant. Fuck off.
>>
Honestly a lot of it is RNG

If you get an 8X scope early on, you win, or at least easy top 10
>>
>>378565248
They are working on it, no ETA though.
>>
>>378570863
>If one player allows themselves to be put in a scenario where the third person doesn't work in their favour, it's their fault for playing retarded

Okay you're just trolling.
>>
Loot up, camp like a faggot. Take favourable duels. More fun playing duo desu.
>>
>>378570904
>Kills literally don't matter.
You literally can't win without getting at least 1 kill.
>>
>>378571037
Have to use it because it gives you such a huge advantage, especially if you get the jump on guy.
>>
>>378571107
>You're just trolling
No, that's LITERALLY the entire concept of the game. Drop you into a giant map full of possibilities, both good and bad. Your entire gameplay strategy should exist to reduce as much possible negative variance whenever possible. Reddit faggots take it too far and just stay in a shed all day (and at the end of the day that strategy still ends up putting your success in the RNG of the circle, so you're not exactly minimizing all risk), but it won't take you to number one outside of rare circumstances.

Literal scrub tier.
>>
>>378571301
So do you just stand on an open field the entire game because that's pretty much the only scenario where you cant abuse or be abused by the 3rd person mode.
>>
>>378561834
jump late, find a remote location, gear up, find a car, drive to the center, hide.

Never shoot anyone until you absolutely have to.
>>
>>378571419
That's exactly why you see most streamers playing in the open with trees as cover.
>>
>>378568778
When you finally realize winning just means another chance at cosmetic this playstyle falls flat. Imo why even bother if your not enjoying the way you play?
>>
Daily reminder that if you purchase and play this genre of videogame you are directly contributing to the death of the industry.
>>
>>378571578
You can abuse it behind trees, it leads to the both players standing behind their respective trees and watchign eachother by turning the camera, it's really fucking retarded and I don't see how anyone in his right mind it's more interesting than a good old first person shoot out where noone can see where they shouldn't be seeing unless they are hacking.
>>
>>378571816
Then don't play the game? I don't know what to tell you bud. Obviously this game isn't for you.
>>
>stay in gas until it's impossible to heal out of
>come in from behind someone near the end
>kill them
>camp there until there's 3 people left
>kill the winner after they find each other
>>
>>378571912
Never said I didn't like the game and they said they'll implement first person only mode.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.