[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could Sony have not fucked it up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: playstation-1.png (127KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
playstation-1.png
127KB, 600x424px
How could Sony have not fucked it up?
>>
By not abandoning it after only 2 years

They didn't even fucking try.
>>
Lower the memory card prices.
>>
By supporting it. Thats literally all they had to do.
>>
>>378552935
>Come with at least 1GB of internal memory.
>Use normal SD cards.
>Make the entire PSP and PSX digital catalog available from day 1.
These 3 points would have made a significant difference for its first year, which in turn would have made a huge difference in the long term.
>>
Memory card prices and the library of games went from being mixed to completely weeaboo.

Personally enjoy mine for the weeaboo pandering games, only reason I bought one, but to appeal to a bigger audience, it needed more AAA garbage and yearly rehashed games.
>>
>>378552935
Standard micro SD cards and actual support instead of throwing it under the bus the second it's not selling as well as they were expecting.
>>
>How could Sony have not fucked it up?

They couldn't. Smartphones made it obsolete in the West and in Japan it became a shovelware machine. The 3DS had a similar fate but it was far cheaper and didn't jew you on memory cards.
>>
>>378553229
>tfw sd card adapter is finally a thing and will be released shortly
thank god
>>
>>378553530
>The 3DS had a similar fate
>sold 4 times more units and it's still selling to this day
Smartphones only took the casuals away.
>>
>>378553930

> only took the casuals away
> the most casual handheld is still alive

???
>>
>>378554106
Casual doesn't mean "things I don't like", Anon.
>>
>>378554173

I own a 3DS you gimp. There are fun games for it but they are 100% casual.
>>
>>378553616
it's only for 3G OLED Vitas though. They stopped making 3G Vita back in like 2012.
>>
By making Ape Escape 4
>>
>>378552935
cheaper memory cards + gta
aggressively low pricing
>>
>>378552935
Allow regular SD cards to be used as memory instead of overpriced proprietary memory.
>>
>no useless cameras to lower the production costs/price
>better support
>cheaper memory cards
>GTA San Andreas Stories
>>
>>378552935
Did many games use the touchscreen and rear touchscreen if not that could have helped lower the price?
>>
Use SD cards. Every one of my friends planned on getting this or PSTV, then we saw memory card prices.
>>
>>378554285
not an issue for me, i have one :^)
>>
>Using regular microSD cards
>More non-weeb games
>Lower the price
All of those would have helped, but it still would have lost to the 3DS.
>>
>>378554997
Well, PS4 aside, you actually need good games to sell consoles.
>>
>>378552935
Use regular SD/MicroSD cards.
Make digital versions of games slightly cheaper than physical on release.
Secure/develop Jap IPs that also have western appeal or help them make proper versions of their game for the system.
Drop the 'console gaming on the go!' meme.
Cut the useless touchscreens/cameras

I'm not sure if they could have stopped western IPs being given to shovelware-tier handheld developers but surely they could have allocated more suitable IPs to the few handheld developers they did work with.

I mean, look at something like Tearaway, it had decent developers and good reviews but still sold poorly. In my opinion, artsy platformers that make use of controller gimmicks aren't the kind of games that handheld players want. I'd have expected it to do better on PS3/PS4 but somehow the port sold even worse. That experience and talent was mismanaged and should have either gone into developing an existing IP that they know will sell or into a new IP that has wider appeal.
>>
Monhun and >>378553229
>>
File: IMG_1916.png (333KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1916.png
333KB, 400x400px
>>378552935
The Vita is a failure as a concept. There was no way it could have been successful

The specs were in a horrible position.
Any developer is better off either increasing their budget by a little and targeting the huge PS3/360 install base or dropping their budget a lot and targeting the larger 3DS install base.

Add to that that the specs already made it too expensive and the memory card thing was just a bandaid to make it seem cheaper. If they lessened the specs they would have been head to head with Nintendo and gotten anihilated. If they increased the specs to get direct console ports the price would have gone even farther through the roof.
>>
>>378552935
1. Use MicroSD instead of an overpriced proprietary format that seriously bit them in the ass.
2. A full or massive PSP/PS1 digital library from the start.
3. Never making the 3G model to begin with.
4. Not switching from LED to LCD.
5. Not throwing in pointless gimmicky shit like rear touch controls.
6. Lower price point to actually compete with the 3DS and NOT get BTFO so effortlessly.
7. Actually advertise the damn game and consoles.
8. Release things beside just extremely niche weebshit.
9. Have some semblance of decent internal storage.
10. Monster Hunter.
>>
>>378554216
And what are these noncasual Vita games?
>>
>>378552935
SD cards.

Pooooff.. Perfect successful system.
>>
>>378553616
link? I only find some 3-4 months old article on wololo
>>
>>378552935
By delivering more games;literally just that.They could've brought demon's souls,more persona games exclusively to ps vita and more jRPGs.People would've bought the system instantly if it actually had those instead of attempting to bring AAA-lite games that suffered in graphics and performance and could never compete with actual consoles.
>>
I don't know how ANYBODY could think for more than 10 seconds and think that charging $100+ for a proprietary SD cards would be a good idea.

Sony made money grabbing cunts like Paradox look charitable by comparison.
>>
>>378559363
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ps-vita-3g-to-microsd-card-adapter#/
http://wololo.net/2017/05/30/psvita-3g-memory-card-adapter-indiegogo-campaign-yifan-lu/
>>
Give it a year and there will be a more portable, less power hungry switch. That will be god tier.
>>
>>378560324

Does Vita piracy still require a 'real' authentication key from a physical cart?
>>
File: plastic switch dock.png (141KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
plastic switch dock.png
141KB, 960x540px
>>378560190
I don't know how ANYBODY could think for more than 10 seconds and think that charging $100 for a proprietary dock would be a good idea.
>>
>>378560678
That's a completely optional thing nobody really needs, not something you absolutely need to play any game, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>378560654
I'm not sure what you mean by that. But as long as the game doesn't require firmware 3.61+ to play it, it will play on a hacked vita.
>>
>>378560190
By the time Nintendo made the Wii they realized that people didn't want to buy console memory cards when they could get a cheaper SD card for it or use one they already had.
Being 5 years behind Nintendo is not something to be proud of. They're enabling Nintendo to release shitty hardware because they're the only ones with games.
>>
>>378560845
A memory card is completely optional too. Slim Vitas come with internal storage included. Just like how a dock is completely optional for a Switch. You can play the thing on the go and you can still hook up any USB charger.
>>
By not forcing people to buy $100 proprietary 2GB memory cards that worked with nothing else (except select Sony digital cameras, of course)
By removing the cameras, because everyone in 2012 owned a cameraphone anyway
By removing the rear touch pad, because what the fuck? It only served to pointlessly increase production costs
By not removing the far superior OLED screen in the second revision
By supporting third parties as much as possible by releasing a free SDK, which was something Nintendo never did and would have given them an edge
>>
>>378561014
>Slim Vita
You know what's that? A revision they had to get out because of the huge backslash and the poor sales they got because the original model had none of that, so get rekt.
>>
SCEJ could have forced SCEA to actually acknowledge the thing.

SCEA blatantly had no interest in marketing it, and did everything they could to avoid doing it. When they DID have to market it, they wouldn't market it as a handheld straight up and got sued for lying about stuff.
>>
>>378560845
to be fair, you didn't need the 100 dollar memory card to play games either.

There were like 4 or 5 other memory cards cheaper than that one.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106KB, 1280x717px
I fucking love my Vita.
>>
>>378552935
Monster hunter is really the only fucking answer and the reason why 3ds fucked its ass over
>>
>>378560324
I'm retarded but thanks.
>>
>No Cameras and Rear touch pad
>No 3G model
>MicroSD/SD slot
>Advertise it
>>
>>378556380
This x100
>>
somehow get rockstar to do another GTA

I barely bought anything for psp, but I played it all the damn time because of Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories.
>>
>>378552935
>no propitary memory
>proper support
>no double buying games
>proper X2
>dont use shitty tiny buttons
>Actual Pocket Size gaming device as its the only thing you could possibly do better than the switch
>>
>>378556380
So what's the deal with the 3G model?
>>
>>378552935
Actually make games for it

Not had expensive as fuck proprietary memory cards

That's it.
>>
File: 48564158.jpg (263KB, 1400x787px) Image search: [Google]
48564158.jpg
263KB, 1400x787px
I don't remember being as comfy as I was playing Persona 5. Probably 70-80% of the time I was playing it via remote play.

It kind of made me like having a Vita, but now that I'm just about to fight Shido, I guess it'll go back to collecting dust. It was definitely comfy while it lasted.
>>
>>378567495
It has 3G hardware inside of it but you basically can't do anything with it. I'm not even kidding.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.