[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

former pokemonfan here. what makes people think that pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

former pokemonfan here.
what makes people think that pokemon is the only legitimate monster collecting game and other as rip-offs or knock-offs even if some of them came before it?
>>
>>378551541
One game here is not like the other at all, kys.
>>
>>378551541
MULTIPLAYER.

That is the sole reason.
>>
>>378552598
smt
>recruit monster and used for battle
>turn based combat based on elements weaknesses and resistances
>monster can transform into a more stronger form
pokemon
>catch monsters and used for battle
>turn based combat based on elements weaknesses and resistances
>monsters can evolve into a more stronger form
>there nothing alike
when will pokefags realise smt and digimon are beter francises
>>
>>378551541
you're forgetting that one of them has multiplayer and lets you trade and battle monsters with other people.
>>
>>378553659
>>378551541
https://youtu.be/rmp21bbuEwc
>>
>>378553659
SMT
>Party of 4-6 at a time
>MC (and heroine) are built in a system different from demons with weapons and armors
>single-player only

Pokemon
>Can only send out one pokemon at a time
>MC exist to use items
>multiplayer
They are too different to be compared
>>
File: average pokemon fan.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
average pokemon fan.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>378552743
>shit tier conection
>stalling
>give me a level 9 imposible to find legedary pokemon and i'll give a this rodent pokemon #1296725867 for it
>>
You guys remember monster rancher? Haven't thought of that game since I was a kid
>>
File: Looker_suezo_cameo.png (466KB, 951x714px) Image search: [Google]
Looker_suezo_cameo.png
466KB, 951x714px
>>378555167
I think about Monster Rancher every fucking day.

It is my cross to bear.
>>
>>378555167
This was the most recent Monster Rancher "game".

RIP Tecmo, a dried up husk they keep around the Koei offices.
>>
File: hmmm......png (203KB, 484x308px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm......png
203KB, 484x308px
>>378554391
>try point out the difference
>list a the reason why smt is than pokemon in every way
>>
File: C1-SHRIN.gif (221KB, 531x534px) Image search: [Google]
C1-SHRIN.gif
221KB, 531x534px
He into that kinky shit
>>
File: 1493772920933.png (50KB, 257x283px) Image search: [Google]
1493772920933.png
50KB, 257x283px
>>378551541
What if I like both?
>>
>>378551541
...you DO realize that the target group for pokemon are children, right?
>>
>>378551541
>what makes people think that pokemon is the only legitimate monster collecting game
marketing budget, and most people are retarded
>>
>>378551541
When will bitter faggots admit that Pokemon succeeded because it realized before anyone else that the best part of monster collecting was sharing/competing with friends?
I love Digimon but I WISH it had half the focus on multiplayer that Pokemon has.
>>
>>378551541
Please, do not use SMT in confrontational threads.
>>
I prefer Pokemon for whatever reason. I guess I never really liked the idea of being some faggot demon summoner. In Pokemon I actually put care into my team and actually think of them as my bros.
>>
>>378556081

That was the coolest feature every implemented in any video game ever. New Monster Rancher when?
>>
I was hyped for Sun and Moon, but I got burned. The single player content was fine, but the post-game was shit. No substance at all, reused assets all over the place. Random inclusions of characters from the past to shove this FE-like AU junk down our throats. It didn't learn the lessons of ORAS at all.

And of course, the game's appeal is all in battling, but god is the balance even more terrible now than ever before.
>>
>>378557521
Thats why adult fans are awful. The games are fine when you are 8 but you cant seriously be entertained by this shit after all, and this goes for every generation. Dare I say they might as well be barneyfags
>>
The others aren't rip-offs or knock-offs but only Pokemon really does it in the way it does. Most "competitors" take a totally different approach.

MegaTen in particular is terrible as a Trainer RPG with how most demons quickly become unusuable and you're encouraged to just fuse everything to get the strongest. Many entries are still good RPGs on their own, though.
>>
>>378558695
Never. Koei doesn't give a shit about any Tecmo IP outside of Dead or Alive.
>>
>>378551541
Even though this is pretty obvious bait, the inner autist in me has to point out that Shin Megami Tensei and Pokemon are two completely different games with a slightly different concept.

The major difference being that in Pokemon, it's completely viable (if a bit more challenging) to use the same 6 pokemon you got at the start of the game at the end of the game, but in Shin Megami Tensei you have to be constantly fusing/capturing new demons in order to progress in the game.
>>
>>378554195
fuck I forgot how good some of the sun/moon music is
>>
>>378558932
You can be very well entertained.
Not everyone likes hard games.
Personally, I enjoy the happy, colourful world, because I can shut down for a few hours. I don't want every game full of death, darkness and serious challenges, that can be very exhausting
>>
>>378558932
after the pokemon go explosion its safe to say adult pokemon fans are pretty chill, can't say the same for Fatlus neckbeards who compare their edgy animu game CRAWLING IN MY SKIN to a childrens monster collecting game
>>
>>378558740
The problem with Pokemon balance is that while types, moves, and abilities can be balanced for multiplayer actual stats on Pokemon are always balanced for story. This means early game shit always sucks and the endgame story Pokemon dominate everything.
Ironically this was something mega evolutions were supposed to remedy
>>
>>378560021
>smt fan
>discusses about the themes and story of each game
>talk about memorable boss battles
>discusses which stat build is the best one
pokemonfans
>his dick goes diamond when seeing a underage trainer character
also
>pokemon go
>a dumbed dow version of a kids game
>>
File: 1484525647266.jpg (101KB, 513x486px) Image search: [Google]
1484525647266.jpg
101KB, 513x486px
>>378551541
>The game is easy, has a kiddy style, and treats you like a kid

Could it possibly be...

Now, bear with me on this...

Could it be that Sun&Moon are made for children, just like almost everything in the entire franchise since the first games came out?

How do you think this is a remotely valid criticism?
>>
>>378562032
ebin cherrypicking, bro
let me try:

>pokemon fan
>discusses spinoffs for their merits
>engages in the multiplayer metagame
>willing to help others with trades/breeding

>smt fan
>brags about the superiority of his series without stating it
>shits on spinoffs for "making it all about waifus"
>spouts shitty law vs chaos memes
>>
>>378551541
>any Atlus game ever
>"the game story treats you like an adult"
Oh god, this is fucking hilarious. I bet you even think the characters are "well written", or something.
>>
>>378562410
>discusses spinoffs for their merits
because these spinoffs have underaged girl that make there dick diamond
>engages in the multiplayer metagame
give me a level 9 imposible to find legedary pokemon and i'll give a this rodent pokemon #1296725867 for it
>willing to help others with trades/breeding
do know how many times i had grind for points, breed and level up just get electivire just because a assholes kep it

>brags about the superiority of his series without stating it
have seen the comparison image
>shits on spinoffs for "making it all about waifus"
i love the persona spinnoff but yeah, ther smt elitist
>spouts shitty law vs chaos memes
smt memes are god tier
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.