[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into fighting games but i dont want to spend a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

I want to get into fighting games but i dont want to spend a lot of money on an arcade controller, so is this one worth it?
>>
pad is absolutely fine and there have been numerous tournament winners using it, it's almost 100% preference

Evo 2014 was won by someone using a PS1 controller
>>
>>378550192
>>378548756
kinda forgot to answer, yes that's probably the best arcade pad on the market
>>
>>378548756

>That d-pad

And into the fucking trash it goes.

>>378550192

Stop making shit up you autismo.
>>
File: rolf.png (114KB, 517x375px) Image search: [Google]
rolf.png
114KB, 517x375px
>>378548756
I have this thing and I hate the rotating dpad.

I also suck at going from left to right without getting an up input but maybe I'm just retarded, you probably have to let the pad reset to neutral on its own before you press in the other direction as opposed to rolling your thumb from one direction to the other

It's p comfy to hold imo, although I only use my thumbs for the face buttons rather than some wacky pseudo arcade buttons thing I see some people do

>>378550470
he's talking about pad in general ya dummy
>>
File: 1482509959629.jpg (14KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1482509959629.jpg
14KB, 251x251px
>>378550470
>Stop making shit up you autismo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp0cHgXw1Bw
>>
>>378548756
That's the exact one I use. Very quality controller. Cheap as well and you can adjust the angle of the d-pad which is nice.
>>
>>378548756
Whatever controller you already have is fine.
>>
>>378551042
This OP. Play with whatever you're most comfortable with.
The reason japs play mostly with arcade stick is because they actually played most of their life on actual arcade machines.
You might want to try stick if you have trouble pulling off shit like half circles.
>>
>>378548756
I have this one. There is a switch at the back of the controller that controls diagonal sensitivity. IMO you need to turn it at max to register diagonals well. It's an okay controller, but stick will always be superior. Maybe consider saving for a Hori RAP
>>
>>378550470
Hori dpads are the best tho
>>
File: Fighting Commander.jpg (52KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fighting Commander.jpg
52KB, 1000x600px
>>
File: 61qX6J7QKiL._SL1500_.jpg (112KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61qX6J7QKiL._SL1500_.jpg
112KB, 1500x1500px
>>378548756
Basically, you have two options:

1.) Accept that cheap products are cheap for a reason, and you're just wasting money you could put towards an actual stick (A Madcatz TE or Hori RAP, not one of those cheap tiny MadCatz non-TE models, or an overpriced Razer, or a Qanba that uses cheap Chinese PCBs for multi-console support that are unreliable), so stick with whatever controller you have until you save up enough for a real stick.

2.) Get deluded into thinking you suck because it's the controller, not the fact that you haven't dropped 6000+ hours into the genre, and get a Sega Saturn controller + USB adapter for cheap because it's been universally agreed upon since the mid-90's that it's the best stock controller for fighting games, they're built like tanks, they're cheap as balls, they have six face buttons (this is very important) and every Saturn pad clone (like your picture) is just an inferior knock-off with worse build quality, but somehow manages to be more expensive. Trust me, that shit will be dead in under a year if you actually get in to fighting games.

Controller like this are only good if you want a single controller to use for a bunch of emulators on a PC because of how many buttons they have, and even then, I'd rather just use a DS4
>>
>>378551348
yea i understand that, but i need one more controller to play with my friends and all, so it wouldn't be JUST for the sake of the pad itself
>>
There's a newer version that also has a symmetrical form-factor. I have 2 of them and they're not bad.
>>
>>378548756
yes i have the same one
>>
>>378552576
>>378552378
>>
>>378548756
I'd be surprised if you could find this for an affordable price still but it's what I use and it's great.
>>
File: 9a2.png (11KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
9a2.png
11KB, 377x326px
>>378552378
I have this. it bretty bretty gud. Very light. Amazing Dpad, large buttons.
>>
>>378552480
are those madcatz controllers actually good? They look fucking rad and I was considering getting one so I can take it places with me instead of lugging my stick around
>>
>>378552903
>Madcatz

THeir pads are ultrashit. Sticks are gud. They ran out of business also.
>>
>>378552903
I have one. Like I said, pretty decent for emulation (especially N64 and Saturn games with that button layout), but absolute dogshit for fighting games. I set it to PS3 mode and tried to play MvC3 and SSF4AE once. Never again.

I don't think I've ever used a worse D-Pad, the rubber under the buttons get stuck like mad, and there's barely any feedback when pressing the buttons like you'd get with normal controllers.
>>
>>378552903
I heard those pads are pretty much trashola
>>
>>378552378
get this one, it's more durable than the one in the OP
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.