[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /v/. Never played through Call of Pripyat and was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

Sup /v/. Never played through Call of Pripyat and was wondering what a good mod for a first timer would be. I just want something more of a graphic enhancement and mostly leave game as native as possible. I don't mind some minor changes like additional guns and missions but nothing like huge overhaul.

I played Shadow of Chernobyl using the STALKER Complete mod and really liked it. Should I also use it for CoP?
>>
>>378547838
Also general STALKER thread
>>
>>378547838
best bet is prob stalker complete
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>378547838
>STALKER Complete mod and really liked it
I don't hate you. I feel extremely sad and sorry for you.

Just how many years have we been telling you poor morons to STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM COMPLETE MODS? I think it's been roughly a decade now.
Complete mods are huge overhaul mods, that make the games casual-tier easy. On top of that, they are nowadays totally obsolete, and tend to introduce NEW PROBLEMS, including literal gamebreaking bug in CS that'll stop you from finishing the game.

Like said many times in the past years: Start with PATCHED VANILLA. That's all you need. If you think you need some extra fixes and minor facelift for your games, grab the STARTER PACKs.

And do not skip CS. Let people say what they want, it's better STALKER game than CoP.
>>
File: why Complete sucks.jpg (162KB, 1645x383px) Image search: [Google]
why Complete sucks.jpg
162KB, 1645x383px
>>378548346
it is not, and never fucking ever has been. Pic very related.

ZRP / SRP are the way to go with the first two games. CoP has no such thing, as it actually was tested and properly finalized before release for once. The best you may add on it are Absolute Nature and AtmosFear, just to make the game less flat and brown.
>>
>>378548352
Oh cool. Never seen this pic before. Gonna use the starter packs for it
>>
File: 1265904570257.jpg (675KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1265904570257.jpg
675KB, 1280x1024px
>never played CoP
>wants to mod it on first run
>played SoC COMPLETE
Bet you downloaded ZRP and called that a "mod patch" too huh
>>378548352
>outdated guide
>>
>>378547838
>he fell for the Complete disinformation
>>
>>378548352
>I don't hate you. I feel extremely sad and sorry for you.
Cool, nobody cares
>>
>>378548682
>Oh cool. Never seen this pic before.
did you literally find /v/ yesterday?
>>
>>378548516
Oh no, now a bandit with a makarov can't one shot you from kilometers away during stormy night, HOLY SHIT COMPLETE IS GARBAGE
>>
>>378548352
>>378548820
>>378548905

Hmmm.... Prob gonna play through SoC again just using the starter packs as well. See what you guys are talking about
>>
>>378549352
>See what you guys are talking about
we're talking about the fact that if you've played Complete, you've not played THE Stalker games.
>>
>>378549261
I'd rather spend my time actually playing the games than sitting on here bitching about them
>>
>>378549559
That's not the point.
>>
>>378548352
>Just how many years have we been telling you poor morons to STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM COMPLETE MODS?
I don't know where it started but for some reason outside places that actually know what Complete does everyone views it as a "vanilla experience with just bugfixes and improvements" and that the vanilla game is unplayable without it.
>>
>>378549512
I'm well aware of what was being implied. Im saying that I'll try it and either love it or want to use the mods again
>>
>>378549348
>now a bandit with a makarov can't one shot you from kilometers away during stormy night
That's a huge exaggeration even for the most bullshit, unfair ruskie mods and they're a long shot from the fairly easy vanilla games, especially CoP. Don't make excuses for turning down the difficulty because you're bad at video games.
>>
>>378549738
>but for some reason outside places that actually know what Complete does everyone views it as a "vanilla experience with just bugfixes and improvements" and that the vanilla game is unplayable without it.
Those "outside places" are part of the cancer, and tend to base their ""knowledge"" on literally ten years old anonymous claims and false advertizement. Hell, even /v/, my included, used to RECOMMEND the Complete mod back in 2008 or so, with the small pre-warning that you'd need a "Crysis capable PC" to even run it at the time, simply because we thought it WOULD be just a prettier vanilla.

Then I played it myself. I was wondering why I was having such easy time with it. It took a while to find a full list of changes, but boy, was it a gigantic document! I was utterly shocked, felt cheated, and stopped reccing Complete.
>>
>>378547838
Ah STALKER. Remember shitting my pants the first time I heard something out in the distance screaming during a thunderstorm in middle of the night.
>>
>>378549738
>Complete does everyone views it as a "vanilla experience with just bugfixes and improvements" and that the vanilla game is unplayable without it.
Those people have literally never played vanilla. Yes, I know of people who have REFUSED to play the sequels before they would get the Complete mods of their own.
Said Complete-tards also tend to ignore the existence of official patches, and the fact that Complete itself is just a compilation of numerous individual mods, claimed by a greedy author who waterstamped them under his own name like some Ebaumsworld dot com #2, and now even dares to claim that he's the main reason for STALKER's success.
>>
>>378550361
But how did it get as bad as it is now? I google people asking for starter advice and half of them are "just installed the game and Complete what do i do". People install Complete right off the bat without even knowing anything about the game, I don't understand it.
>>
>>378549843
>That's a huge exaggeration even for the most bullshit, unfair ruskie mods
Not really, bandit really shot me with a makarov during stormy night in soup. But in soup I also had a fucking exo suit, but that didn't stop the bullet one bit.
>>
File: Complete Golden 1911.jpg (365KB, 1776x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Complete Golden 1911.jpg
365KB, 1776x1000px
>>378550543
Perfect timing, combined with hope-filled name, and promises of easy installation, plus the Internet's tendency to make word of mouth claims spread fast and never be forgotten.

Complete 2009 came out back when SoC was the only game, and its 1.0 version was notoriously broken. People were thirsty for fixes, and eventhough the first patched arrived soon after, it was too little for some.
It was also the last era of true PC muscle-demonstrations, as Crysis had just been released, and everyone was busy testing if their machines were "next gen ready". While STALKER looks great, especially its lighting, some found it to appear a bit dated in comparison.

So here comes the first big WESTERN mod for STALKER. A mod that claims to fix the game, make it as pretty if not better than THE benchmark game of the decade, and potentially also add more features, all while still keeping the "core game" intact. And you only need to run an .EXE installer to use it.
Sounds too good to pass, maybe even too good to be true? Well, it was both.

But for many people, it became the only way they ever knew of STALKER, and would continue to be their only way of playing it. It's very comparable to the Brutal Doom -mod, which youngsters are nowadays literally treating as some sort of modern "compatibility patch", and the "best way to play Doom games".
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.