[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to Mario Maker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: mariomaker.jpg (267KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mariomaker.jpg
267KB, 1280x720px
Whatever happened to Mario Maker?
>>
They ported it to 3DS and took out the online sharing.

But don't worry its coming to Switch.
>>
>>378545762
>took out the online sharing
Well what's the fucking point then?
>>
>>378545762
I can't even understand what the fuck they were thinking doing this.
>>
>>378546235
Just Nintendo being Nintendo
>>
>>378545762
Did they say they were bringing it to Switch?
>>
>>378546190
The point was to get people to keep buying the Wii U version for the full online experience. There are also no costumes in the 3DS version.
>>
>>378547689
No but it's kind of a given that they will.
>>
>>378547689
No. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot.

On one hand, it was one of the best, and also more popular Wii U games. It has a ton of potential.

On the other, the "Maker" part of it relied on a resistive touch screen and stylus. The Switch has a capacitive touch screen with no stylus. And in docked mode it has nothing. So they would have to take this into account as well.

Either way, of the two games that would be on Wii U + Switch, I would buy this over MK8D in a heartbeat.
>>
>>378545570
>playing Kaizo and Automatic Maker
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>378548076
That shit dropped off after the first month. Sorry you didn't stick with it.

Captcha: CHURCH Available
>>
File: 1485972573414.png (322KB, 846x651px) Image search: [Google]
1485972573414.png
322KB, 846x651px
>>378545762
>They ported it to 3DS and took out the online sharing.

Yet MHXX has fucking cross-play with the Switch version. Was Nintendo hoping people would buy a Wii U just to share courses?
>>
>>378545570
It sucked and didn't allow true creativity. LBP1 let makers do far more interesting things and it came out like a decade prior.
>>
>>378548360
The Wii U version came out way before the 3DS version. If anything the 3DS version was just a cash grab.
>>
>>378545570
nintendo acting like a jewish so people went back to hacking super mario world.
>>
Has anyone uploaded anything new lately?
>>
File: Ch8_1.png (79KB, 416x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ch8_1.png
79KB, 416x240px
>>378545570
>the perfect opportunity for updates and new features to give it all sorts of longevity
>only get a few actual new features for a few months, then it gets dropped
>except for the shitton of costumes that do fucking nothing that were constantly added
>make a 3DS port that actually REMOVED some features
>features in the Smash stage such as slopes and freely placed lava pits are impossible

This could have been great if they actually, you know, SUPPORTED IT.
>>
Same thing that happens to every single video game that does this.

80% of gamers do not wanna sit and think about making a level for 2 hours, and playing mario levels gets fucking old as hell after a while once youve seen all the novelty the game enables players to do.

It lasted as long as it did because it's mario. If it weren't mario it woulda fucking died in like 2 months and have been completely forgotten exactly like little big planet and whatnot.

Games where the player has to do the majority of the work is strictly for autist retards past a certain point.

Once that novelty wears off, the majority move on. Only autists remain in games like this.
>>
>>378545570
I still use it occasionally, although I mainly just make retardedly difficult levels for my friends to play when they come over so I can laugh at their suffering.
>>
>>378545570
It lacked features.
But most importantly NO ONE CAN MAKE LEVELS. Seriously, how was everyone so bad at making fucking levels?
>>
>>378550376

Are you honestly surprised that the retards who play Mario games are fucking trash at just about everything when it comes to creativity?
>>
>>378548061
they should just release a touch controller for it. I'd buy it for sure. and with the console's popularity we'd get a lot more game maker kinds of software for the switch
>>
>>378550376
Dedicated communities make much better levels. The average level posted on /v/ was much better than the random trash in 100 Mario Challenge.
>>
>>378549253
It came out on the verge of Wii U's death. Which makes a Switch version with the things you listed a possibility
>>
>>378550606
0 sense.

The console itself is a touch controller. Wanna do touch things? Undock it. I can't imagine there are many people besides yourself that would buy a "Touch Pro" controller, especially given two things:

1) People already bitch about the cost of controllers
2) Almost no games utilize touch, only the OS
>>
>>378545570
The same as any other Nintendo game.
They get released and forgotten 2-3 months down the road because they are shallow kiddie shit.
>>
File: Nintendo.gif (461KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo.gif
461KB, 500x374px
>>378550606
>even more overpriced Switch accessories
>>
>>378548193
You haven't played Mario Maker recently then.
The Kaizo community is stronger than ever, they have races every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Puzzle races and Twitch is full of Kaizo players playing MM.

Just because Reddit doesn't like Kaizo doesn't mean it isn't more supported than most other types of level in MM.
>>
>>378551294
Fair enough, I haven't played in like three months. But I know there are ways to filter levels by difficulty (even better if you use the website, which is admittedly super stupid and inconvenient).

Of course you run into the Kaizo and Automatic levels, but there are also a ton of really cool, creative levels. There is also a skip button.
>>
>>378551294
I miss the /v/ threads.
>>
>>378551867
Yeah the site interface is a lot better than the game interface.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.